Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two Democrats call for investigation of IRS watchdog who led targeting probe

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:So you found ONE...wow, I'm impressed!

That's great, Markle.  So back to the game.  I have already named an organization that was denied tax exempt status as a result of this "scandal".  Now it is time for anyone else to name another organization.  So far I have had two replies and neither reply names an organization that was denied tax exempt status.

Perhaps this game is to complicated for conservatives?

Posted a source and link to 292 plus numerous others.

When will Lois Lerner be given immunity so she can tell her story under oath?

You didn't name a single one. Ms. Lerner was only head of the Cincinnati office. The actual IRS interim commissioner resigned. Issa has been called out...because the "scandal" originated with him.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3293526

WASHINGTON-- The origins of the IRS scandal over its targeting of tea party groups aroused curiosity and suspicion from the beginning.

A senior IRS official, Lois G. Lerner, was speaking on a panel at an American Bar Association conference in a ball room at the Grand Hyatt in Washington. She was asked a question by a member of the audience, and disclosed thenthat IRS agents had "used names like Tea Party or Patriots and they selected cases simply because the applications had those names in the title."

A few days ago, Kevin Williamson at National Review reported that the person who asked the question of Lerner, Celia Roady, was a taxlawyer who had served on IRS-formed advisory committees that dealt with issues of organizations applying for nonprofit status.

Williamson wrote that sources on Capitol Hill said the question was "planted" and that "the IRS has informally admitted as much."

On Friday, the acting commissioner of the IRS admitted publicly that the question was planted.

"I did talk to Lois about the possibility of ... did it make sense for usto start talking about this in public," Steven Miller, acting commissioner of the IRS, told the House Waysand Means Committee during sworn testimony.

Miller said he and Lerner discussed volunteering the information publicly "now that the [IRS inspector general's] report was finalized, now that we knew all the facts, now that we had responded in writing and everything wasdone."

"We talked about what would be said and how we might do it," Miller said of his conversation with Lerner.

Miller was asked by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) if he knew Roady. Hesaid he did.

"Was Ms. Roady'squestion to Ms. Lerner about targeting conservative groups planned in advance?" Nunes asked.

"I believe that we talked about that, yes," Miller said.

Miller was asked later who had told Roady to ask the question of Lerner.

"I don't know," he said. "It might have been Lois Lerner."

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:So you found ONE...wow, I'm impressed!

That's great, Markle.  So back to the game.  I have already named an organization that was denied tax exempt status as a result of this "scandal".  Now it is time for anyone else to name another organization.  So far I have had two replies and neither reply names an organization that was denied tax exempt status.

Perhaps this game is to complicated for conservatives?

Posted a source and link to 292 plus numerous others.

When will Lois Lerner be given immunity so she can tell her story under oath?

Here again, you struggle to read.  One more time...

Can you name another organization that had its tax exempt status revoked as a result of this "scandal"?

Now read the bold part several times until it sinks in.  I named one already.  Now it is your turn.  A proper response here would be either 1) the name of another organization that had its tax exempt status revoked, or 2) an concession from you that this entire "scandal" is BS.  

I'll state this one more time because I still feel you will not understand what is being asked in this very basic question:

Can you name another organization that had its tax exempt status revoked as a result of this "scandal"?

By a show of hands, who here expects the next reply to be a list of "targeted" organizations?

Apparently you can ask a conservative a question but you can't make them comprehend it!

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum