Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SAD STATISTIC.....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1   SAD STATISTIC..... Empty SAD STATISTIC..... 8/14/2012, 10:14 am

Heard on a news report that here in Escambia County the experts are looking at a 25% turnout ( and thats a high guess and if it rains will be lower) for the elections today...PATHETIC!!!...This is a huge reason that we end up with the elected officials that we do...

2   SAD STATISTIC..... Empty Re: SAD STATISTIC..... 8/14/2012, 10:27 am

I already voted, I mailed it in last week, I can't understand why anybody would wait in line or worry about the weather.

3   SAD STATISTIC..... Empty Re: SAD STATISTIC..... 8/14/2012, 10:42 am

I voted early at the Muscogee Rd branch last Sat morning and was only one of two people there. In and out in about 4 minutes. I applaud the volunteers who work weekends to promote early voting.

4   SAD STATISTIC..... Empty Re: SAD STATISTIC..... 8/14/2012, 10:52 am

nochain wrote:I voted early at the Muscogee Rd branch last Sat morning and was only one of two people there. In and out in about 4 minutes. I applaud the volunteers who work weekends to promote early voting.

Voted early also and cannot understand why anyone would not vote in the first place...25% making decisions for 75% of the population and yet those that sit on their hands are seldom quiet!...

5   SAD STATISTIC..... Empty Re: SAD STATISTIC..... 8/14/2012, 2:38 pm

newswatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:I voted early at the Muscogee Rd branch last Sat morning and was only one of two people there. In and out in about 4 minutes. I applaud the volunteers who work weekends to promote early voting.

Voted early also and cannot understand why anyone would not vote in the first place...25% making decisions for 75% of the population and yet those that sit on their hands are seldom quiet!...

At noon the news reported turnout as 'anemic'...In local elections when this happens there is a reason the same retread politicians remain in office and business continues and Escambia County continues to dwell at the bottom of the state....we get what we continue to allow...

6   SAD STATISTIC..... Empty Re: SAD STATISTIC..... 8/14/2012, 2:59 pm

Voter apathy is a huge problem. If you don't vote, don't complain.

7   SAD STATISTIC..... Empty Re: SAD STATISTIC..... 8/14/2012, 3:36 pm

NaNook

NaNook

nochain wrote:Voter apathy is a huge problem. If you don't vote, don't complain.

I like Voter Apathy. In 2008 there were Church buses with voters holding already filled out ballots and promised lunch/dinner after voting. I'd rather those voters stay home. Just watch the man on the street interviews.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum