Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I fired off an email to Bill Nelson on his vote for UN Arms trade treaty..his response..

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dear Mr. Teo

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about gun control and the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) that was adopted by the UN General Assembly.
The ATT seeks to better regulate the international trade of conventional arms, thereby helping reduce the risk that they will fall into the hands of terrorist groups, rogue states, or other extremists who commit major crimes against humanity.  In the United Nations, the treaty passed by a vote of 154 to 3.  Iran, Syria, and North Korea voted against the treaty.
Secretary of State John Kerry has stated that the ATT "...applies only to international trade, and reaffirms the sovereign right of any state to regulate arms within its territory…nothing in this treaty could ever infringe on the rights of American citizens under our domestic law or the Constitution, including the Second Amendment.”
    I support the constitutional right to bear arms.  I grew up on a ranch in the Florida countryside and have been a hunter since I was a boy.  As with all treaties, the U.S. Senate must vote to ratify any treaty signed by the Executive Branch.  I would never vote in support of an international treaty that would impact the right to bear arms in the United States or require regulation of domestic sales of arms.

You can be sure that I will keep your thoughts in mind when the ATT is considered by the full Senate.

Sincerely,
                                  Bill Nelson

no stress

no stress

Bill thinks the 2nd is there to protect his right to hunt deer......bwaaahaahahhhahhh!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum