Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The all time great NBA team

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The all time great NBA team Empty The all time great NBA team 1/25/2014, 9:18 pm

2seaoat

1996 Chicago Bulls......best team......best all time player........

http://www.landofbasketball.com/statistics/best_seasons.htm

2The all time great NBA team Empty Re: The all time great NBA team 1/25/2014, 9:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You are right....the Bulls are absolutely the best team to have ever played in the NBA, ever. The fact Phil Jackson coached the Bulls from 1989 to 1998 and the best players played didn't have a damn thing to do with 4 Championships.....It was because they are Seaoats favorite team.

The Lakers with Phil Jackson at the helm and the players won numerous Championships but the were not a good team......they could never compare to Seaoats Bull.

3The all time great NBA team Empty Re: The all time great NBA team 1/25/2014, 9:52 pm

2seaoat

I got to watch Mr. James when he was with Cleveland, and I got to watch Mr. Jordan........not even close.....but that 1996 team......I got to watch them live......they simply were excellence which will not be matched in the NBA. They had it all.

4The all time great NBA team Empty Re: The all time great NBA team 1/25/2014, 10:00 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I got to watch Mr. James when he was with Cleveland, and I got to watch Mr. Jordan........not even close.....but that 1996 team......I got to watch them live......they simply were excellence which will not be matched in the NBA.  They had it all.

Again, the best coach and best players made them the best team.

5The all time great NBA team Empty Re: The all time great NBA team 1/25/2014, 10:05 pm

2seaoat

Again, the best coach and best players made them the best team.

They had three of the best defensive players in NBA history, the best coach, and the greatest player to step on the NBA court........and they played some very good teams with future hall of famers.........not the two year injury laden current NBA transition period where mediocre teams actually win......now the pacers know how to play defense, and are a legitimate winner.

6The all time great NBA team Empty Re: The all time great NBA team 1/26/2014, 10:49 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

No NBA team, past or present is a dynasty. They all stand on their own merits and like Loani said, a great coach(Phil Jackson) know how to get players to play cohesively.

It is ludicrous to lace Phil Jackson in the same tier and any other Chicago coach, or any NBA coach for that matter.

As far as an all time great BB team, there just ain't one.

7The all time great NBA team Empty Re: The all time great NBA team 1/26/2014, 10:55 am

2seaoat

As far as an all time great BB team, there just ain't one.

You are right.....the Bulls were the greatest in more than one year, but the 1996 team was just clearly a step above any team in NBA history, both statistically and artistically.......they were perfection. Nothing before or since has even been close.

8The all time great NBA team Empty Re: The all time great NBA team 1/26/2014, 10:57 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:As far as an all time great BB team, there just ain't one.

You are right.....the Bulls were the greatest in more than one year, but the 1996 team was just clearly a step above any team in NBA history, both statistically and artistically.......they were perfection.  Nothing before or since has even been close.

You look at the Bulls through rose colored glasses.

9The all time great NBA team Empty Re: The all time great NBA team 1/26/2014, 11:03 am

2seaoat

You look at the Bulls through rose colored glasses.

When I take them off the stats still stand unchallenged by any other team in NBA history. Heck, the heat have already lost more games than the entire season in 1996......no rose colored glasses needed to see the truth. 72 wins and six championships........which if baseball had not been a distraction, it would have been eight straight.

10The all time great NBA team Empty Re: The all time great NBA team 1/26/2014, 12:50 pm

Some of those magic laker teams were amazing... but there were so many great teams. The phili team when moses malone got there could beat anybody. But I think those bull teams w jordan were there too... but jordan made the difference.

11The all time great NBA team Empty Re: The all time great NBA team 1/26/2014, 8:11 pm

2seaoat

The big question in the NBA is who is going to get Anthony from NY when his contract is up this year. I think the knicks will try to work a trade before the season is up and whoever gets him before playoffs will probably have a hot hand......but these teams playing the last two years simply do not have the talent of the Kobe teams just two years ago, and are a mile from the best teams.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum