Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

24 Nuclear Missile Air Force Officers Relieved and Under Investigation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

According to the news, these guys were cheating on proficiency tests. Consider: these same guys handle the launch triggers.

Where's Stanley Kubrick (Dr. Strangelove) when we need him?

At the same time, investigations of the Air Force Academy over the past decade reveal numerous sexual assaults on female cadets, and at the same time, Christian fundamentalist evangelists were assigned to commanding positions and considerable pressure was put on cadets to become "born again," etc.

What the hell happened 'cause this isn't the Air Force I was in back in the mid fifties!

Screw the military machine. This culture is a result of a bureaucratic muddle to sustain a peace time mic.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

There have been a couple of threads on this recently in this section and over in Politics.

Some of those same missile launch officers who were caught-up in the cheating scandal that was recently revealed are also suspected in a drug-probe involving missile officers smoking dope while on duty.

Chuck Hagel had to visit a bunch of them recently and give them a lecture on how their mission is still relevant.

The USAF Academy has found the cure, however, for all of their graduates'  bad behavior. They are going to make cadets take social-etiquette classes every year they are at the academy. This way, they will know how not to embarrass the service when they are in public settings. I guess there have been too many instances of USAF officers not knowing which fork to use when the salad is served at official-dinners. This must also be translating into poor performance on the job, in general.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

January 17, 2014

General Mark A. Welsh III
Air Force Chief of Staff
1670 Air Force Pentagon
Washington, DC 20330-1670

Sir:

When you were one-year-old I joined the Air Force.  When you were four, I was stationed on top of a mountain in Nevada with the 865th AC&W Squadron, overlooking the Mercury Test Center some forty miles away.  At the time I was proud to serve my country, and proud to be an airman.  

Pardon me for being blunt, but the recent news of yet another Air Force screw-up in a seemingly endless litany of bad leadership, moral and ethical abandonment, my mood at present is less than generous.

In the last few years the national news media has made me aware of ongoing idiotic attempts to foist fundamentalist Christian dogma upon cadets at the AF Academy, followed by news of a serious problem of sexual harassment and rape suffered by numerous female cadets at the same institution.

In addition, there was the revelation of officers responsible for the storage and inventory of nuclear weapons having lost some.

Now, CNN and the other TV network and cable stations blare out the news of some 30-plus Air Force officers charged with manning our most deadly offensive weapons – nuclear armed missiles – involved in a conspiracy to cheat on their proficiency exams.

Yesterday, during a cable news broadcast, it was mentioned by a member of a news panel discussing the latest scandal, that due to the need to reduce military expenditures, there was already talk in Washington of dismantling the USAF.

To be frank Sir, this is not the USAF I served in back in the mid-fifties.  These ongoing revelations embarrass and disgust thousands of vets who were once proud of their branch of U.S. military forces.

Sir, you need to get your act together or seriously consider resigning from the USAF.  

I wish you the best of luck,

Last edited by Wordslinger on 1/17/2014, 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo and spelling)

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Excellent letter, Word. I hope you send it.

"...morale and ethical abandonment..." I think the proper word is 'moral'.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Excellent letter, Word. I hope you send it.

"...morale and ethical abandonment..." I think the proper word is 'moral'.

thanks for the corrections which I made. Thanks also for your kind words. I mail the letter tomorrow.

Wordslinger wrote:According to the news, these guys were cheating on proficiency tests.  Consider:  these same guys handle the launch triggers.

At the same time, investigations of the Air Force Academy over the past decade reveal numerous sexual assaults on female cadets, and at the same time, Christian fundamentalist evangelists were assigned to commanding positions and considerable pressure was put on cadets to become "born again," etc.

What the hell happened 'cause this isn't the Air Force I was in back in the mid fifties!

Guess you forgot about all the RAPE and cheating incidences recently for ALL branches.
Retard, you are several days late.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:According to the news, these guys were cheating on proficiency tests.  Consider:  these same guys handle the launch triggers.

Guess you forgot about all the RAPE and cheating incidences recently for ALL branches.

Thanks sweetheart, I just blew you a kiss ..

Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Thanks sweetheart, I just blew you a kiss ..

oh no, the women here have driven yall to the mustache kiss Neutral 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum