Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hallmark school

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hallmark school Empty Hallmark school 1/13/2014, 1:21 pm

2seaoat

I was under the impression they had tore the school down. It looked abandoned and standing when I drove by..........I can see why that would make you angry........they tore down my mother's school in North Birmingham and the local school was always the anchor for the neighborhood. I guess modern buildings are important in America, but why in Europe can a school be two hundred years old........different priorities.

2Hallmark school Empty Re: Hallmark school 1/13/2014, 1:33 pm

They tore down my Jr Hight School. Blount. The sale was a very nasty insider job or the school might still be standing. The history of the sale reads like a page from the GOBs Bible of corruption. Hallmark is no longer used but I think they might made condos or apts out of it. I would hope so. It was a good school. Glad you noticed it. Thanks

3Hallmark school Empty Re: Hallmark school 1/13/2014, 1:44 pm

2seaoat

I could feel that neighborhood and school. It reminded me of North Birmingham where my mother grew up......the school, the church and the small corner store. It was a simple time for a child. The walk to the corner store to buy a dreamcycle or a moon pie(I hate them now)

No Pensacola and most cities were laid out when the horse and buggy was the norm, and there is an intimacy which the current planning commissions and folks who use zoning can never understand. I think cities were better designed when government had less to do with it........I just hate to see all the empty store fronts. I am in Marco now and their retail is booming and full........it just seems so random why one area booms and another dies. If you drive up 65 heading North through North Birmingham you will see a big green water tank on the hill and the ACIPCO factory to the west......the houses which frame those streets were a reality of childhood lost forever as I found these beautiful memories of my grandfather's garden, his bees, the pear trees, the pear preserves, sunday school, and family.......now I drive by and see gas stations and decay.......life goes on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum