Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

sonny bbq

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1sonny bbq Empty sonny bbq 1/10/2014, 10:56 pm

2seaoat

My wife picked me up from the poker room where I got my hat handed to me, and we stopped on Warrington at this chain bbq place......we always liked the smokehouse in Navarre but it is closed, and we were shocked.....it was good.

2sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/10/2014, 11:00 pm

I thought you were in Chicago?

3sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/10/2014, 11:11 pm

bizguy

2seaoat wrote:My wife picked me up from the poker room where I got my hat handed to me, and we stopped on Warrington at this chain bbq place......we always liked the smokehouse in Navarre but it is closed, and we were shocked.....it was good.

If you mean the East River smokehouse, it moved to a new location on Hwy 98.

4sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/10/2014, 11:19 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

seaoat,
Don't forget to ask for the 20% senior discount at Sonnys.

5sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/10/2014, 11:20 pm

LOL  You are threading in deep water.  Sonny's is very close to the house.  BBQ sandwich's are 2 for 1 Mondays drive thru only.

sonny bbq 403331_164800366966844_2070101572_n

6sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/10/2014, 11:27 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's the deal about Sonnys.

A lot of barbecue snobs like to put it down because it's a chain restaurant.
Those snobs are fulla shit like snobs usually are. There aint a thing wrong with Sonnys.

7sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/10/2014, 11:36 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We've eaten there several times. My favorite bbq joint is Sticky Fingers in Charleston, SC. Even better than Memphis, TN, which is tops.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/10/2014, 11:51 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The best barbecue I've ever had was on Highway 98 about halfway between Hattiesburg and McComb MS in the middle of flat nowhere.
It was in an old house and was operated by two elderly (20 years ago) black sisters.  
The rib meat was so tender that a newborn baby with no teeth could chew it.

9sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/11/2014, 11:20 am

I've been to Memphis - tried several BBQ places: Memphis BBQ, Commisary, Corky's, One & Only, and a few more I can't remember. And that's just it - they were good, but not significantly better than I can get right here in the panhandle.

I like Sonny's, Happy Pig, Arlene Williams, Smoky's, Hot Spot - heck, they're all pretty good.

10sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/11/2014, 11:29 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

colaguy wrote:I've been to Memphis - tried several BBQ places:  Memphis BBQ, Commisary, Corky's, One & Only, and a few more I can't remember.  And that's just it - they were good, but not significantly better than I can get right here in the panhandle.

I like Sonny's, Happy Pig, Arlene Williams, Smoky's, Hot Spot - heck, they're all pretty good.

Colaguy, for local BBQ, I think we need to add Brother's BBQ on Gulf Beach Hwy to the list. I like all the places you have mentioned as well as Brother's. I have eaten Memphis, North Carolina and Kansas City BBQ and I must say that what we can get here in the panhandle is very comparable to those places.

11sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/11/2014, 11:33 am

Brothers is pretty good?  I go by there a lot and have been tempted to try it.  How about the place just west of dog track road on 98?  

12sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/11/2014, 11:37 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Mr Ichi wrote:Brothers is pretty good?  I go by there a lot and have been tempted to try it.  How about the place just west of dog track road on 98?  

I have never tried that one. Is it in the same strip mall s the old Food Tiger Grocery Store?

13sonny bbq Empty Re: sonny bbq 1/11/2014, 11:50 am

No.  It is just up from Heron bayou on the left on 98 if you are headed toward Lillian.  I think they are only open on the weekends. I have go to that way in a little while, I will get the name of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum