Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Global warming is true: 9135, false: 1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Check this out:
http://www.salon.com/2014/01/09/9135_out_of_9136_scientists_believe_climate_change_is_happening/?source=newsletter

9135 Scientists agree. One, whose country's wealth depends on oil sales, says it's all crapola.

Who you gonna believe -- 9135 world scientists or limbaugh?

Reality!

You do know ten thousand years ago there were glaciers a MILE high reaching into our mid-continent... right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:You do know ten thousand years ago there were glaciers a MILE high reaching into our mid-continent... right?

Sure, and there have been many ice ages. But what's happening now, according to the great majority of climatologists, is due to greenhouse gases created by man -- the bulk of which come from burning fossil fuels.

And those are the scientific facts, which, of course, mean nothing to people who think that evolution isn't real, and that the earth is less than 10,000 years old. Nor do those facts affect those who swallow the PR crapola of big oil, including the Koch Bros. efforts on behalf of oil profits.

PkrBum wrote:You do know ten thousand years ago there were glaciers a MILE high reaching into our mid-continent... right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

no, they don't care about FACTS of earths history, they only care about a group of people who get mega $$$$$ funded to put these fabrications out.

and you can forget asking them to learn about it themselves lol

Do I really need to list all of the variables again? I don't keep pastes... and I've done it sooo many times.

There is simply no model today that can incorporate them all... especially when they must be centered on the sun... which has cycles we have little to no knowledge of yet. Then we have the atmospheric particle dynamics which so many models reference... but can't quantify and change regularly. Even co2 has a limited density up there... as we see in the percentage. I just saw new volcano predictions of effect this week... granted they aren't on the scale as yesteryear... but COULD be significant toward cooling.

I want a little better from you... and everybody when these scare tactics are thrown about.

2seaoat

science is science. There is no scare tactic, just hypothesis and proofs. You are correct about volcanoes and the role of that variable is complex and may challenge the science, but in the end, the science is sound.

2seaoat wrote:science is science. There is no scare tactic, just hypothesis and proofs. You are correct about volcanoes and the role of that variable is complex and may challenge the science, but in the end, the science is sound.

“Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years,” Al Gore 2009

Don't forget... I recently showed military photos of open water at the north pole fifty years ago... and it's not unusual.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Do I really need to list all of the variables again? I don't keep pastes... and I've done it sooo many times.

There is simply no model today that can incorporate them all... especially when they must be centered on the sun... which has cycles we have little to no knowledge of yet. Then we have the atmospheric particle dynamics which so many models reference... but can't quantify and change regularly. Even co2 has a limited density up there... as we see in the percentage. I just saw new volcano predictions of effect this week... granted they aren't on the scale as yesteryear... but COULD be significant toward cooling.

I want a little better from you... and everybody when these scare tactics are thrown about.

Pkr, who should I believe, you or the 9135 scientists who claim global warming is real and we're contributing greatly to it?

Frankly, if there's any wiggle room to the question, I prefer keeping the planet and our air as clean as possible. Fuck the cost. Would you rather save a buck or two, or breath?

Again 9135 scientists (not pundits, not oil companies) say its real.

And frankly, I don't give a hoot for earth's climate history. What happened then doesn't effect how we live today. It's the current situation that counts!

9Global warming is true: 9135, false:  1 Empty Unscientific Wizards ... 1/10/2014, 12:53 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I love it when people who disclaim the merits of global warming and the contribution we're making to it by burning oil, assert some historic fact which, all by itself, is supposed to serve as proof that the broad majority of accredited climatologists who provide the ammo for the opposing perspective, are all wrong.

Yeah, sure. Exxon Mobil is our friend, and we should listen to Limbaugh and FOX news on this.

Next someone here will tell me that 9135 accredited scientists are lying about global warming because they have an "agenda."

LOL!

Wordslinger wrote:I love it when people who disclaim the merits of global warming and the contribution we're making to it by burning oil, assert some historic fact which, all by itself, is supposed to serve as proof that the broad majority of accredited climatologists who provide the ammo for the opposing perspective, are all wrong.

Yeah, sure.  Exxon Mobil is our friend, and we should listen to Limbaugh and FOX news on this.  

Next someone here will tell me that 9135 accredited scientists are lying about global warming because they have an "agenda."

LOL!

Baaaaaaa

Pollution control would've and always has been a noble cause... look at LA a few decades ago... or china today.

How does that control turn into redistribution? I think you should look carefully into that movement. It isn't what you think.

Ever wondered why the climate models start at 1850? How would we stop an ice age?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The thing that I have difficulty with is, I went to graduate school late in life (age 39, 1991-92 timeframe), studying Biology and Coastal Zone Studies at UWF. Global warming should have been a front burner issue with all of the professors I studied under, in the subject matter I studied, and not one of them ever mentioned it. It also was not in any textbooks or journal articles, and none of my fellow students talked about it. I am still trying to grasp how climate change became a front-burner issue within just a few years of me getting my MS, and why it was not important in 1992.

This makes me think there is more to the issue than just science.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

It's pretty simple. The feudal overloads we serve under have developed a model where they will tax our personal energy consumption and make a fortune while driving us all into poverty and death. Death is what they really want for us. They want to tax our very breath until they can remove it from us. The unwashed masses are loathed by the Technocrats. They want it all for themselves.

Speaking of global warming here's a lighthouse in Michigan
Global warming is true: 9135, false:  1 1389235741000-lighthouse

Frozen Niagara Falls

http://news.yahoo.com/niagara-falls-freezes-photos-142401177.html

Coast Guard can't keep shipping lanes open.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/01/us-coast-guard-battles-ice-to-keep-shipping-channels-open/

The Coast Guard said it was the earliest the ice had frozen here since the 1930s, and the river connecting Lakes Superior and Huron has been some of the toughest ice they have seen. With cutting through ice, the noise is loud and constant.

Wasn't seagoat bleating about lack of ice before the flood year?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Check this out:
http://www.salon.com/2014/01/09/9135_out_of_9136_scientists_believe_climate_change_is_happening/?source=newsletter

9135 Scientists agree.  One, whose country's wealth depends on oil sales, says it's all crapola.

Who you gonna believe -- 9135 world scientists or limbaugh?  

Reality!

As you know well, Professor Phil Jones was the center of the Global Warming Scam at East Anglia University. Their program was considered the epitome of Global Warming Information. The disclosure of thousands of e-mails proving their efforts to conceal information discredit and even prevent opposing views from being published has wrecked the scam, hopefully forever. Data used by the United Nations IPCC and NASA findings came from EAU.

14th February, 2010

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing (it has now been disclosed that all the “raw data” was DUMPED!

There has been no global warming since 1995

Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes

Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as it should be.

WHAT????

[…]

Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

Phil Jones has said that he considered suicide for his part in this worldwide scam.

Let us also recall: The e-mails leaked in the fall of 2009 allow us to trace the machinations of a small but influential band of British and US climate scientists who played the lead role in the IPCC reports. It appears that this group, which controlled access to basic temperature data, was able to produce a "warming" by manipulating the analysis of the data, but refused to share information on the basic data or details of their analysis with independent scientists who requested them -- in violation of Freedom of Information laws. In fact, they went so far as to keep any dissenting views from being published -- by monopolizing the peer-review process, aided by ideologically cooperative editors of prestigious journals, like Science and Nature.

We learn from the e-mails that the ClimateGate gang was able to "hide the decline" [of global temperature] by applying what they termed as "tricks," and that they intimidated editors and forced out those judged to be "uncooperative." No doubt, thorough investigations, now in progress or planned, will disclose the full range of their nefarious activities. But it is clear that this small cabal was able to convince much of the world that climate disasters were impending -- unless drastic steps were taken. Not only were most of the media, public, and politicians misled, but so were many scientists, national academies of science, and professional organizations -- and even the Norwegian committee that awarded the 2007 Peace Prize to the IPCC and Al Gore, the chief apostle of climate alarmism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html#ixzz0fa67A02t

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Do I really need to list all of the variables again? I don't keep pastes... and I've done it sooo many times.

Pkr, who should I believe, you or the 9135 scientists who claim global warming is real and we're contributing greatly to it?

Frankly, if there's any wiggle room to the question, I prefer keeping the planet and our air as clean as possible.  Fuck the cost.  Would you rather save a buck or two, or breath?  

Again 9135 scientists (not pundits, not oil companies) say its real.

And frankly, I don't give a hoot for earth's climate history.  What happened then doesn't effect how we live today.  It's the current situation that counts!

Global warming is true: 9135, false:  1 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBRbo6FJLldLVk3zSQWI_-BwiL01B8N91461-PIjeQzY4b1HUa

Give me a few million dollars in grant money and I'll be number 9136 as I sing...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNqUORIFV4I

Smile 

Markle... You're doth protesting too much... we are in a warming trend and we're damn lucky we are. Even if the poles melted the human species would be better off than the counter... a glacial maximum. I don't think we could stave off an ice age. Gore is an idiot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum