Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's not a jet pack but Mercedes has a new door design...

+3
knothead
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This is cool looking.

http://www.flixxy.com/high-tech-car-door.htm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I like it.

knothead

knothead

Ingenious . . . thanks OS!

Markle

Markle

Something else to go wrong.

When I was a teen, just starting college, I owned an XK-120 Jaguar, exactly like the photo but, at the time just an old used car I bought for $600.00 and it was red.

It's not a jet pack but Mercedes has a new door design... Jaguar-xk120dhc-01

They were built to race at Lemans.  They had an aluminum body, the door frame and frame for the top were made of oak.  The had wood rot when I bought the car so I took off the doors, and top, and drove it that way for at least three or four months.  No doors, no top, no seatbelts and a straight six, twin overhead cam with dual SU carburetors.  I had it up to 140 and it still had more to go.

Huge gas tank, huge oil reservoir, two batteries behind the driver and passenger seat.  Not real fast on acceleration in first or second gear but third and fourth were incredible.  One of the most fun cars I ever owned.  So low you felt like you were sitting on the ground.  I had to wrap my legs around the huge (no power steering) steering wheel.  Real wire wheels you needed a lead hammer to remove.

Those were the days my friend...we thought they'd never end....

The things we do as kids.  Amazing we survived.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Way cool, and to think that by 2050, those cars will have driverless technology integrated into them.

By then, the cars Markle is marveling about above will only be found in museums. I wish I could live to see the future unfold like this.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

That vid looks old and those cars don't look like Mercedes to me.

I will say my van has doors that disappear. my grandson called it magic first time he seen it, should have seen his face. click a button and the doors slide back, click it again, shuts, same with trunk.

cool1

cool1

Now that I do Like

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:This is cool looking.

http://www.flixxy.com/high-tech-car-door.htm
I wonder if they have a solution yet for the water and dirt dripping under the car on a rainy or snow day?

Personally, I would prefer a '55 Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing.

Markle

Markle

Which one has the classiest lines and would be the most fun to drive?

It's not a jet pack but Mercedes has a new door design... Mercedes-300SL-Gullwing-1

Could be a Kia
It's not a jet pack but Mercedes has a new door design... MercedesDisappearingCarDoors

It's not a jet pack but Mercedes has a new door design... Jaguar-xk120dhc-01

Markle wrote:Which one has the classiest lines and would be the most fun to drive?

[[/img]

Could be a Kia
[[/img]

]

looks like a oldsmobile to me, the original vid did

the cloths the people were wearing were 70ish

I live in a area where there are LOTS of Mercedes, jags and other fine expensive vehicles. We probably have more luxury cars here in this 50 mile radius than all of pcola and tallihassi put together.

my van is a caravan btw and my car is a Mercedes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NwVXrnJ7VQ

this is a old video. old technology

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When that door stops working in the down position,  you'll be riding in a Jeep.  lol

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:When that door stops working in the down position,  you'll be riding in a Jeep.  lol

Like many conception cars, this will never be built.  To many obvious problems.

Open the door in snow and the doors will come back up with a scoop of snow.

Open the door on an irregular, gravel surface and you'll bring back a scratched exterior of your doors and gravel in the car.

Sand...same thing.  It doesn't even have the pizzazz of the doors on some foreign sports cars.

Porche
It's not a jet pack but Mercedes has a new door design... Porsche

Lamborghini
It's not a jet pack but Mercedes has a new door design... Lamborgini

Any my GTO
It's not a jet pack but Mercedes has a new door design... WhitePontiacGTO

Back
It's not a jet pack but Mercedes has a new door design... WhitePontiacGTOback

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:When that door stops working in the down position,  you'll be riding in a Jeep.  lol

It is incredibly exhilarating though.  No doors, no top, no seatbelts and about 8" off the ground.  There probably was some risk driving the critter at that stage but I never got stopped.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum