Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Christie's Top Aide Linked to Traffic Jam Payback Against Democratic Mayor

+2
knothead
Floridatexan
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/08/chris-christie-traffic_n_4561448.html?ir=Politics&utm_campaign=010814&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Alert-politics&utm_content=Title

WASHINGTON -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) deputy chief of staff was directly involved in a mean-spirited effort to create "traffic problems" for a mayor who declined to endorse the governor's reelection bid, according to newly released emails.

"Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee[b]," Deputy Chief of Staff Bridget Anne Kelly wrote in an email on Aug. 13.

[b]"Got it,"
replied David Wildstein, who was then one of Christie's top aides at the Port Authority, which is run jointly by New York and New Jersey.

A month later Wildstein did indeed create the traffic problems that Christie's office requested. He closed down two of Fort Lee's access lanes leading to the George Washington Bridge, the busiest bridge in the country. The closures came on Sept. 9, the first day of school in Fort Lee, leading to massive traffic jams as bridge traffic backed up into local streets. As a result, police and emergency vehicles were delayed in responding to reports of a missing child and a cardiac arrest.

The closures came just weeks after Fort Lee's mayor, Democrat Mark Sokolich, had appeared to decline to endorse Christie's reelection bid. Sokolich told The Huffington Post in an interview Wednesday morning that he never explicitly told Christie's team that he wouldn't endorse the governor.

"There were overtures that were made to the effect like, 'Is this something you would consider?' And I don't ever recall getting back and saying no," he said. "I think that was a conclusion that they, in the infinite wisdom of the folks in Trenton, must have reached the conclusion that I wasn't going to. But I never specifically said no."

On Sept. 12, Sokolich floated the possibility that Wildstein's actions were "punitive," although he later backed off that accusation. Since then, he has remained relatively silent as the controversy swirled around Christie, saying he didn't believe there was any benefit to his community in his speaking up.

But when reached on Wednesday, he was furious about the new revelations..."

E-mails:
http://www.northjersey.com/news/Documents_GWB_emails_between_Port_Authority_and_Christie_administration.html

Political payback...not looking good for Christie.

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/08/chris-christie-traffic_n_4561448.html?ir=Politics&utm_campaign=010814&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Alert-politics&utm_content=Title

WASHINGTON -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) deputy chief of staff was directly involved in a mean-spirited effort to create "traffic problems" for a mayor who declined to endorse the governor's reelection bid, according to newly released emails.

"Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee," Deputy Chief of Staff Bridget Anne Kelly wrote in an email on Aug. 13.

[b]"Got it,"
replied David Wildstein, who was then one of Christie's top aides at the Port Authority, which is run jointly by New York and New Jersey.

A month later Wildstein did indeed create the traffic problems that Christie's office requested. He closed down two of Fort Lee's access lanes leading to the George Washington Bridge, the busiest bridge in the country. The closures came on Sept. 9, the first day of school in Fort Lee, leading to massive traffic jams as bridge traffic backed up into local streets. As a result, police and emergency vehicles were delayed in responding to reports of a missing child and a cardiac arrest.

The closures came just weeks after Fort Lee's mayor, Democrat Mark Sokolich, had appeared to decline to endorse Christie's reelection bid. Sokolich told The Huffington Post in an interview Wednesday morning that he never explicitly told Christie's team that he wouldn't endorse the governor.

"There were overtures that were made to the effect like, 'Is this something you would consider?' And I don't ever recall getting back and saying no," he said. "I think that was a conclusion that they, in the infinite wisdom of the folks in Trenton, must have reached the conclusion that I wasn't going to. But I never specifically said no."

On Sept. 12, Sokolich floated the possibility that Wildstein's actions were "punitive," although he later backed off that accusation. Since then, he has remained relatively silent as the controversy swirled around Christie, saying he didn't believe there was any benefit to his community in his speaking up.

But when reached on Wednesday, he was furious about the new revelations..."

E-mails:
http://www.northjersey.com/news/Documents_GWB_emails_between_Port_Authority_and_Christie_administration.html

Political payback...not looking good for Christie.

[/b]

Having some family in NJ I understand the people there are more tolerant of having a wise guy as their Governor but it just does not translate well for a national audience I don't believe. Just my thoughts . . .

Sal

Sal

Yep, New Jerseyans are used to bare knuckle politics.

The problem for Crisco is that his office has been LYING about it for months.

I don't think the locals cared all that much about a traffic scandal, but I doubt they appreciate being played for chumps.

A loss of credibility can be the death of political aspirations.

Last edited by Sal on 1/8/2014, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

This would disqualify him in my opinion. I'll never support a person that would use the power of govt to punish anyone.

Christie is no conservative

Markle

Markle

This is amusing and an obvious effort to say SEE EVERYONE DOES IT.  Which they do.

But coming from someone who supports The Chicago Way, in the form of President Barack Hussein Obama is beyond me.  A President, who had as his Chief of Staff, a man who sent a dead fish to a journalist whose story Rahm Emanuel did not like.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Yep, New Jerseyans are used to bare knuckle politics.

The problem for Crisco is that his office has been LYING about it for months.

I don't think the locals cared all that much about a traffic scandal, but I doubt they appreciate being played for chumps.

A loss of credibility can be the death of political aspirations.

Good to see you agree that President Barack Hussein Obama is toast.

Markle wrote:This is amusing and an obvious effort to say SEE EVERYONE DOES IT.  Which they do.

But coming from someone who supports The Chicago Way, in the form of President Barack Hussein Obama is beyond me.  A President, who had as his Chief of Staff, a man who sent a dead fish to a journalist whose story Rahm Emanuel did not like.

A woman died and a child was missing,you idiot. How do you compare that to a fish?

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:This is amusing and an obvious effort to say SEE EVERYONE DOES IT.  Which they do.

A woman died and a child was missing,you idiot. How do you compare that to a fish?

That analogy to complicated for you?

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Christie is no conservative

Whether he is a conservative or not is irrelevant, this is about revenge politics and the willingness to use their power for political retribution. Conservatism, on the other hand, is a state of mind.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

That analogy to complicated for you?

Yes,it is El Stupido. Don't you have some more embarrassing threads to post? LOL!

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:

As you well know by now, even the woman's family has said that her death, at over 90 years old, had nothing to do with the traffic jam.

What does a traffic jam have to do with a missing child and is the child dead?

As you well know by now too, Gov. Christy had nothing to do with the issue.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Christie is no conservative

Whether he is a conservative or not is irrelevant, this is about revenge politics and the willingness to use their power for political retribution.  Conservatism, on the other hand, is a state of mind.

Couldn't bring yourself to be critical of revenge politics though could you?
Chris Christie's Top Aide Linked to Traffic Jam Payback Against Democratic Mayor Laughing

I'll say again... If this leads back to him... screw em.

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

As you well know by now, even the woman's family has said that her death, at over 90 years old, had nothing to do with the traffic jam.

What does a traffic jam have to do with a missing child and is the child dead?

As you well know by now too, Gov. Christy had nothing to do with the issue.

I can't believe you posted that? Show where an ambulance not getting to the hospital doesn't affect someone in a cardiac arrest. If you can't respond to a missing child call because of traffic how much intelligence does it take to figure that out?

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Christie is no conservative

Whether he is a conservative or not is irrelevant, this is about revenge politics and the willingness to use their power for political retribution. Conservatism, on the other hand, is a state of mind.
---------
You guys are all bent on him opposing Billary. He won't get nomination. As for revenge, you Dems live that large don't you?

knothead

knothead

Honestly PD I agree with you in that he will not get the nomination which demonstrates how intractable the GOP leadership is, wouldn't you agree? His poll numbers are far and away better than any possible candidate I see as a viable possibility. As far as Hillary is concerned Cristie would pose a much higher threat to her running a successful race. Now Cristy has this latest issue and Hillary has her ubiquitous baggage but they are both arguably front runners based on polling but who cares what the people think huh?

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

If Christy did the bad deed, he will pay and should.

But, I wonder how so many support Obama and his numerous bad deeds.

Rather perplexing.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

How many 'rumored bad deeds' did Dubya have that no frightwinger ever questioned?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

stormwatch89 wrote:

If Christy did the bad deed, he will pay and should.

But, I wonder how so many support Obama and his numerous bad deeds.

Rather perplexing.

Maybe maybe not. Point is stormy Obama is not running another campaign, right?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/10/1268597/-At-the-risk-of-making-Chris-Christie-sad-one-more-question?detail=email

Chris Christie's Top Aide Linked to Traffic Jam Payback Against Democratic Mayor RTX177RC

Where's the traffic study?

-----------

Sen. Bill Baroni, who resigned his appointment to the Port Authority in the wake of the scandal, testifying before the New Jersey Assembly last November:

WISNIEWSKI: There are people at the PA [Port Authority] who assembled this data?
BARONI: Yeah, just look at the numbers. [...]

WISNIEWSKI: So they did a two day compilation of data ... We'd like you to make that data available to the committee.

BARONI: Uh, Mr. Chairman, I will have my counsel talk to your counsel as we have done before and discuss documents, no question. [...]

WISNIEWSKI: So you're not willing to say whether you can provide us the data.

BARONI: Again, whatever the lawyers tell me … [...]

WISNIEWSKI: You had deferred one question … we had asked for the data.

BARONI: Yeah, and I said our lawyers will talk to each other ... Nobody is saying anything about holding it back, I just want to talk to my lawyers.

--------------------

And a comment by Louise:

"There is, indeed, a traffic study.

The only problem is that it has nothing to do with congestion problems on the lanes between Fort Lee and the GWB.

The study that they are using as cover was approved by Wildstein on Saturday, Sept. 7, right before th lane closings on the 9th. In an email to Kelley, Wildstein wrote:

We are ready to do this, can you have someone call the Mayor of Springfield and tel I him that Gov has approved $60k for their trafficstudy,
The Township of Springfield has requested LAP funding for a
Master Plan Re-examination Report. The Township requested that the Re-examination include a critical Traffic Study for Morris Avenue to assist in the redevelopment of the downtown and a Sustainability Element to assist the Township in getting certified by Sustainable New Jersey. $60,000.

If you know NJ geography at all, you know that Morris Ave., Township of Springfield, in Union County has absolutely no commuting connection to the lanes in Fort Lee, Bergen County. Commuters who are coming from Springfield would travel to NYC via Rte 78 to reach the Holland Tunnel, which empties into lower Manhattan. Commuters headed from Fort Lee to NYC would use I95 to the GWB - which empties into upper Manhattan.
Why was this study chosen to be the cover story? Perhaps today's doc dump will shed some light on it. Right now, it appears that $60 of the State's transportation grant funds were awarded purely to give "the Gov" plausible deniability."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chris Christie's Top Aide Linked to Traffic Jam Payback Against Democratic Mayor 11874479023_aab91e7e95

Silence form the left about -

IRS abuses
Benghazi
NSA spying
Fast and Furious

.... But they want federal investigating about a bridge incident .....

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:Honestly PD I agree with you in that he will not get the nomination which demonstrates how intractable the GOP leadership is, wouldn't you agree? His poll numbers are far and away better than any possible candidate I see as a viable possibility.  As far as Hillary is concerned Cristie would pose a much higher threat to her running a successful race.  Now Cristy has this latest issue and Hillary has her ubiquitous baggage but they are both arguably front runners based on polling but who cares what the people think huh?

What were Senator Barack Hussein Obama's poll numbers in January of 2006?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BnLozS-TnM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum