Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank you GOP for nixing unemployment extension payments.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Looks like Bobby Bill, or is it Robby Joe?, figured they don't need any of the one million votes of those who now have no income at all.

Yessirreehenry, You cn' jus' add them non-workin' lazy folk to all the Messicans and Nigras an' contraceptive usin' women who want our good jobs.

If you ain't a workin' low wage earnin' white republican we don't need ya votes!

Reality! LOL!

2seaoat

The question remains.....will the middle class and the working poor let the racial politics trump their economic interests. November should give is the answer.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:The question remains.....will the middle class and the working poor let the racial politics trump their economic interests.  November should give is the answer.

You confuse me. Do you mean the cutoff of unemployment checks to folks who lost their jobs through no fault of their own, is in the country's best economic interest? Really?

Get a job. Go to work.

This is the wonderful Obama economy, should be easy.

damn bunch of whiners

At some point (2 years?) we need to rename unemployment insurance... how does obamajob sound?

2seaoat

My point is that people who lost their unemployment benefits will probably in significant numbers vote for the very people who cut their benefits. I hate to say this but I agree that the benefit weeks should Slowly be cut back to no more that 26 weeks. Cutting people off cold is wrong. Reduce it by a couple weeks each year.....over a decade.....not cold turkey.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:My point is that people who lost their unemployment benefits will probably in significant numbers vote for the very people who cut their benefits.  I hate to say this but I agree that the benefit weeks should Slowly be cut back to no more that 26 weeks.  Cutting people off cold is wrong.  Reduce it by a couple weeks each year.....over a decade.....not cold turkey.

Glad you clarified your position. I agree with you.

Wordslinger wrote:
2seaoat wrote:My point is that people who lost their unemployment benefits will probably in significant numbers vote for the very people who cut their benefits.  I hate to say this but I agree that the benefit weeks should Slowly be cut back to no more that 26 weeks.  Cutting people off cold is wrong.  Reduce it by a couple weeks each year.....over a decade.....not cold turkey.

Glad you clarified your position. I agree with you.

Which would only take 36 and a half years... lol. Where's that reality bs y'all keep alluding to?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Glad you clarified your position.  I agree with you.  

Which would only take 36 and a half years... lol. Where's that reality bs y'all keep alluding to?

Good point PkrBum .... I agree that the unemployment benefit program should be slowly tapered back to 26 weeks. I just didn't do the math! Call me dummy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum