Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you remember as a child using Merthiolate, I do.

+3
Markle
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We all have the Irish temper.....and I have seen my sister lose her temper only once. I don't want to be on the receiving end.

2seaoat

Perfect is the enemy of good, and you are unable to comprehend the same. Fortunately, the medical community can make that distinction and understands probabilities. Do not go outside Monday....you may get hit by lightening, but for the rest of us not paralyzed by fear and superstition, we will continue life making choices which are rational.

cool1

cool1

Shocked  I so remember that stuff--- Laughing 

2seaoat wrote:Perfect is the enemy of good, and you are unable to comprehend the same.  Fortunately, the medical community can make that distinction and understands probabilities.  Do not go outside Monday....you may get hit by lightening, but for the rest of us not paralyzed by fear and superstition, we will continue life making choices which are rational.

again, nothing but bloated words and belittling insults from you when given facts.

btw... im glad you will be making a CHOICE. all I wanted to begin with was to be able to insure everyone was able to have a CHOICE. and not threatened, fired etc.

let me make it simple.

0.1 microgram mercury recommended per 2.2 lbs of body weight per EPA

vaccine 25 micrograms mercury

you do the math.

oh and while you were so busy trying to just belittle, perhaps you should have paid attention. They are moving quietly away from using this substance.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Us Baby Boomers knew merthiolate and mercurichrome well. It was before the days of bacitracin ointment. As I recall, mercurichrome did not burn, while merthiolate burned like crazy. The key was not getting cut and scraped-up while playing outside.

Mercurochrome was the only thing in out medicine cabinets. The bottom half of my legs were constantly tinted orange. My mom would just pour the bottle over my stubbed toes. It healed all wounds. I wish it were still available.

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Us Baby Boomers knew merthiolate and mercurichrome well. It was before the days of bacitracin ointment. As I recall, mercurichrome did not burn, while merthiolate burned like crazy. The key was not getting cut and scraped-up while playing outside.

It sure kept us from being cry-babies. If went went whimpering in after a scrape...we knew mom would get the merthiolate out.

I remember that well.

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:We all have the Irish temper.....and I have seen my sister lose her temper only once. I don't want to be on the receiving end.

Yeah, wait until she walks into you hospital room...that day...when you're awake and have all those tubes helping you breath...she's smiling and walking over to the machines....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum