Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what the heck is going on in new zealand?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mass of small volcanic rocks nearly the size of Belgium has been discovered floating off the coast of New Zealand. The stretch of golf-ball-size pumice rocks was first spotted this week by a New Zealand air force plane about 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) northeast of Auckland. The rocks stretch for about 26,000 square kilometers (10,000 square miles). A navy ship took scientists to the rocks Thursday night. Naval Lt. Tim Oscar says the rocks appeared a brilliant white under a spotlight, like a giant ice shelf. He says it’s the “weirdest thing” he’s seen in 18 years at sea. Scientists say the rocks likely spewed up in an eruption by an underwater volcano. They don’t believe the eruption is connected to the onshore ash eruption this week of another volcano, Mount Tongariro. Officials say the small rocks pose no danger to shipping. The Defence Force says the mass of rocks stretches 250 nautical miles by 30 nautical miles.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/?pageid=event_desc&edis_id=UEV-20120810-36122-OTH

I guess all of yall are still sleeping. No more topics for now. sorry, just a lot going on.

I can visualize a cross section of the rocks... lots of gas bubbles... Hydrogen Sulfide?

Yomama wrote:I can visualize a cross section of the rocks... lots of gas bubbles... Hydrogen Sulfide?

its actually pumice rocks.

they are having massive volcanic activity there right now.

all the utube vids of this have been disabled as of about an hour ago. at least the ones with actual vids, not ones with commentary.

some odd stuff going on over there. seriously. I make not a lie.

there wouldn't be a nz without the volcanoes... my mother was born there btw.

PkrBum wrote:there wouldn't be a nz without the volcanoes... my mother was born there btw.

there wouldnt be a hawaii either

however, you wouldnt want all those volcanos to explode and move around the tectonic plates.

having all these rocks being spewed is somewhat of a phenominum for this day and age.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum