Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

#2 owner of Fox News is a Arab Prince

+4
Markle
Wordslinger
Hospital Bob
Yella
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Yella

Yella

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/23/stewart-fox-prince-alwaleed_n_692234.html

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll be damned. He's actually a Saudi prince, yella.
And remember, the Saudis are the same Royal family who we now know financed and provided support for the 9/11 hijackers. The same financial backing and support the Bush Administration covered up by removing the evidence of it from the 9/11 Commission report.

Is Saudi Prince Steering News Corp. Coverage?

Ever since Al Gore sold Current TV to Al Jazeera, the network founded and funded by the oil-rich emirate of Qatar, the former vice president has drawn continuous fire in conservative media. Fox News, the New York Post and The Wall Street Journal, for example, have all castigated Gore, a man of the Left and leading avatar of "global warming," for such hypocrisies as timing the deal to avoid Lefty tax hikes and bagging $100 million in greenhouse-gas money.

These same news outlets share something else in common: They all belong to Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. That means they also belong to Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal.

Alwaleed owns the largest chunk of News Corp. stock outside the Murdoch family. Shortly after his purchase of 5.5 percent of News Corp. voting shares in 2005, Alwaleed gave a speech that made it clear just what he had bought. As noted in The (U.K.) Guardian, Alwaleed told an audience in Dubai that it took just one phone call to Rupert Murdoch -- "speaking not as a shareholder but as a viewer," Alwaleed said -- to get the Fox News crawl reporting "Muslim riots" in France changed to "civil riots."

This didn't make the "Muslim" riots go away, but Alwaleed managed to fog our perception of them. With a phone call, the Saudi prince eliminated the peculiarly Islamic character of the unprecedented French street violence for both the viewers at home and, more significantly, for the journalists behind the scenes. When little owner doesn't want "Muslim" rioting identified and big owner agrees, it sets a marker for employees. Alwaleed's stake, by the way, is now 7 percent.

We can only speculate on what other acts of influence this nephew of the Saudi dictator might have since imposed on Fox News and other News Corp. properties. (I have long argued that News Corp. should register as a foreign agent, due to the stock owned by a senior member of the Saudi ruling dynasty.) Alwaleed hasn't shared any other editorial exploits with the public. But that opening act of eliminating key information from News Corp.'s coverage of Islamic news might well have set a pattern of omission.

Recently, such a pattern of omission in News Corp.'s coverage of the Gore-Al Jazeera deal seems evident. I say "seems," because I can't be entirely certain that I haven't missed something in my research. But judging from online searches of news stories and audio transcripts, two salient points are missing from at least the main body of News Corp.'s coverage.

One is reference to the noticeable alignment of Al Jazeera with the Muslim Brotherhood, the global Islamic movement whose motto is, "The Koran is our law; jihad is our way; dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope." The second (with an exception noted below) is reference to Al Jazeera's superstar host and ideological lodestar, Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a leading Muslim Brotherhood figure. The influence of al-Qaradawi at the network and in Qatar -- where, according to Freedom House's 2012 press report, it is against the law for journalists to criticize the Qatari government, the ruling family or Islam -- can hardly be overestimated.

Strange omission? This relationship between the Qatari-controlled network and the Muslim Brotherhood organization has been observed for years. Back in 2007, for example, Steven Stalinsky reported in The New York Sun that various Arab commentators referred to Al Jazeera as "the Muslim Brotherhood channel" and the like. What's more, reference to the relationship appears at least in passing in coverage of the Gore deal at mainstream media sites such as USA Today and the Seattle Times. More discussion is available at some conservative outlets, including Rush Limbaugh and The Blaze. (Searches at Breitbart and the Washington Examiner, like News Corp. sites, yielded nothing on these same points. Call it, perhaps, "the Fox effect.")

Given the rise of Muslim Brotherhood parties in the revolutions of the so-called Arab Spring -- undeviatingly cheered on by Al Jazeera -- the network's Muslim Brotherhood connection, which extends to Al Jazeera's sponsors inside the Qatari ruling family, is a crucial point to miss. Especially when it seems to be missed across the board.

The same goes for failing to mention Al Jazeera's leading personality, Yusuf al-Qaradawi, in the Gore deal coverage. This longtime "spiritual guide" of the Muslim Brotherhood hosts one of Al Jazeera's most popular shows, "Sharia and Life." Among other poisonous pronouncements, al-Qaradawi has called for Americans in Iraq and Israelis everywhere to be targeted by terrorists ("martyrs") who would then find a place in Islamic paradise. Given Al Gore's refusal to sell his network to Glenn Beck's The Blaze TV due to political differences, Muslim Brother Al-Qaradawi and his Shariah ideology become highly relevant. Then again, maybe one man's news story is just another man's clipping on the cutting-room floor.

Meanwhile, the one story I found in News Corp. coverage of the Gore deal that mentions al-Qaradawi -- a column by Gordon Crovitz -- neglected to note al-Qaradawi's place in the Muslim Brotherhood. Particularly given current events, this is a little like forgetting to mention that Hermann Goring was in the Nazi Party.

Could normal editorial discretion or plain ignorance be at work here? I suppose so. Still, there is that tie-in between News Corp. and the House of Saud to consider, a partnership I find more troubling than Gore's deal with the Qatari emirate. Not only does Alwaleed own a stake in News Corp., Murdoch owns an even more substantial stake (18.97 percent) in Alwaleed's Arabic media company Rotana.

Within the Alwaleed-Murdoch-Rotana galaxy is a 24-hour-Islamic outlet called Al Risala, which Alwaleed founded in 2006. The channel's director and popular "tele-Islamist" is Tareq Al-Suwaidan, widely reported to be a leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in Kuwait. The station's "Supreme Advisory Committee" includes Abdullah Omar Naseef, who, according to former federal prosecutor Andrew C. McCarthy, is "a major Muslim Brotherhood figure" involved in the financing of al-Qaida.

Al Risala, then, would seem to fit right into the Al Jazeera-Qaradawi-Muslim-Brotherhood lineup.

We know Alwaleed has influenced Fox editorial matters before. Could that Alwaleed influence -- even his very presence - account for why News Corp. hasn't hit harder on the Muslim Brotherhood and al-Qaradawi angles of the Gore-Jazeera deal?

I don't know, but I wonder. Don't you?

http://townhall.com/columnists/dianawest/2013/01/11/is-saudi-prince-steering-news-corp-coverage-n1486794/page/full

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Poor Meghan. Imagine being owned by a Saudi prince. And she's worried some people don't think Santa's white.

But considering the folks FOX tries to influence every day, somehow I'm not surprised the station is half-owned by a Saudi.

The facts are conservatives don't give a shit about the poor, the sick, the elderly, education, or unemployment. Think about it, Murdoch and the Saudi Prince are running the show. Golly, that means Hannity is helping the Muslim Brotherhood! O'Reilly too!

Reality!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:  Think about it, Murdoch and the Saudi Prince are running the show.  Golly, that means Hannity is helping the Muslim Brotherhood!  O'Reilly too!

As bizarre as it sounds, that appears to actually be the case. Probably the damndest example I've ever learned about of things not being what they pretend to be.

Yella

Yella

I believe there is no organized presence on earth now or at any other time in the past that is as dangerous to the world as Islam.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:I believe there is no organized presence on earth now or at any other time in the past that is as dangerous to the world as Islam.

Well there's no question about one thing.   Just like Phil Robertson,  if it gets it's way it will put me and Chrissy in prison.  Or behead us.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Please, somebody tell me why we continue to consider the Saudis as "allies"?

Why are we still selling them weapons? Training their army?

They hate our guts and finance terrorist organizations who actively attack us wherever they can.

Why?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:Please, somebody tell me why we continue to consider the Saudis as "allies"?

Why are we still selling them weapons?  Training their army?

They hate our guts and finance terrorist organizations who actively attack us wherever they can.

Why?

Because our government leaders and policy makers are in bed with them. 
The Saudi oil makes both Saudis and Americans wealthy.
In other words,  always follow the money.

Yella

Yella

Wordslinger wrote:Please, somebody tell me why we continue to consider the Saudis as "allies"?

Why are we still selling them weapons?  Training their army?

Why?

In 476 A.D. two Roman senators were watching as Rome was being sacked and destroyed by barbarians, "Why did we consider them to be our "allies?", said one.
The other said, "We made a lot of money selling them weapons and battle techniques."
"Yes, a few of us got rich."

Yella wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/23/stewart-fox-prince-alwaleed_n_692234.html

seems he owns lots of stock for a lot of companies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Waleed_bin_Talal

apple, Citibank, Motorola, Disney , Fairmont hotels r just a few.

take a look at the co he used in 2011 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Binladen_Group

SBG was founded in 1931 by Sheikh Mohammed bin Laden Sayyid, whose relationship with the country's founder, Abdel Aziz al Saud, led to important government contracts such as refurbishing the mosques at Mecca and Medina. Mohammed, who overall had 22 wives (including ex-wives) and 53 children, is also the father of the mastermind behind the 11 September attacks, Osama Bin Laden

question. doesn't the gov monitor foreign nationals buying up American interest?

Yella

Yella

[quote="Chrissy"]
Yella wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/23/stewart-fox-prince-alwaleed_n_692234.html

take a look at the co he used in 2011 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Binladen_Group

SBG was founded in 1931 by Sheikh Mohammed bin Laden Sayyid, whose relationship with the country's founder, Abdel Aziz al Saud, led to important government contracts such as refurbishing the mosques at Mecca and Medina. Mohammed, who overall had 22 wives (including ex-wives) and 53 children, is also the father of the mastermind behind the 11 September attacks, Osama Bin Laden

question. doesn't the gov monitor foreign nationals buying up American interest?[/qu

chrissy, that might fall under the heading of REGULATIONS which Reoublicans depise.

Markle

Markle

Desperation shines from out Progressive friends.

This is older than Yella.

The Prince owns a small part of News Corp which owns, literally hundreds of corporations around the world of which Fox News is but one.

Cute try though.

Yella

Yella

Markle wrote:Desperation shines from out Progressive friends.

The Prince owns a small part of News Corp which owns, literally hundreds of corporations around the world of which Fox News is but one.

Cute try though.

Older than yella, Tee Hee. I feel older than dirt some mornings. But I still don't think Moslems should own any part of an American  News outlet. Because MONEY TALKS.

Yella wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

question. doesn't the gov monitor foreign nationals buying up American interest?[/qu

chrissy, that might fall under the heading of REGULATIONS  which Reoublicans depise.

No it doesn't. There are regulations that govern that Razz 

and I don't think that republians hate ALL regulations, that's silly. I

I think if you look at this link you will see many republicans who were watching out for the country by monitoring foreign investments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_on_Foreign_Investment_in_the_United_States

Yella wrote:

Cute try though.

Older than yella, Tee Hee. I feel older than dirt some mornings. But I still don't think Moslems should own any part of an American  News outlet. Because MONEY TALKS.

I agree with you. and that's why we are discussing foreign investments. because can any company that puts their shares up for sale on the market screen who they sell them to? can they say, no I don't want he/she to own my stock?

bghlaw0371

Chrissy wrote:
Yella wrote:

Cute try though.

I agree with you. and that's why we are discussing foreign investments. because can any company that puts their shares up for sale on the market screen who they sell them to? can they say, no I don't want he/she to own my stock?

Not sure how you would accomplish that in today's world.

bghlaw0371 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Yella wrote:

Cute try though.

Not sure how you would accomplish that in today's world.  

I don't know how they would do it in everyday sells of stock, I don't know much about that. but there are regulatory agencies that monitor when large blocks of stock get purchased by foreign people. look at that link I provided.

I recall the whole country was mad when arabs were going to buy some ports and bush had to stop it people were so angry. its a national defense issue when foreigners start buying up certain private American companies. I don't suppose they consider fox news a problem or any of the others listed.

so like you said, if your just selling stock on the market and its not of a national concern, people you may not like might buy your stock and that would be the point I am making.  Wink 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For markel.

This is not coming from Huff Po or MSNBC.  This is coming from Worldnet Daily.  And it's about the same Saudi Royal.  But this time it involves not only Fox News,  but also Bush and his cohorts.

http://www.wnd.com/2010/08/195049/

The Fox News connection to Ground Zero mosque

[url= http://www.wnd.com/2010/08/195049/#IHPEr4M2zjODLqRs.99] http://www.wnd.com/2010/08/195049/#IHPEr4M2zjODLqRs.99[/url]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I sold a sports car to a Saudi Prince once. He would even get out of his limo. Had his secretary handle everything. All he did was get in the car and burn out of the University Mall parking lot. Snooty sort.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This goddamn parasite has his hooks in both republicans and democrats.

Saudi Prince Paid for Obama's Harvard Law Education: HRH Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin AbdulAziz Alsaud
Compilation | Feb. 6, 2010
Posted on Saturday, February 06, 2010 3:39:41 AM by BIOCHEMKY
Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia is one of the largest foreign investors in the United States. Prince Alwaleed's nickname is "The Warren Buffett of the Gulf" and he is one of the world's richest people.
The Prince is a private entrepreneur and an international investor. The Prince was born to Prince Talal, son of the founding King of Saudi Arabia, Abdul Aziz Al Saud, and Princess Mona Al-Solh, Daughter of Lebanon's first Prime Minister. The Prince is the nephew of the Saudi Arabian King Abdullah.
The Carlyle Group counts Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Alsaud of Saudi Arabia, and Osama bin Laden's estranged family among its high-profile clientele.
HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal and trusts for his benefit hold major business investments in Citigroup, Carlyle Group (a company backed by an awful lot of bin Laden connected money), Coca-Cola, Pepsi Co Inc, McDonald`s Corp, Apple Computer Inc., Motorola, AOL Time Warner, Saks Inc., EuroDisney and Walt Disney Company, the Teledesic satellite venture.
1987 Bill Ayers solicited Khalid Abdullah Tariq al-Mansour (a.k.a. Donald Warden) to raise money for Obama’s Harvard Law School education. al-Mansour is an orthodox Muslim, a black nationalist, an outspoken enemy of Israel, and mentor to Black Panther Party founder Huey Newton and his cohort, Bobby Seale. At the time al-Mansour associate Percy Sutton was raising money for Obama’s education, al-Mansour was the top financial advisor to mega-billionaire Prince Alwaleed (Alwalid) bin Talal of the Saudi royal family.
1988-1991 Obama attended Harvard Law School.

In the 1990s, Prince Alwaleed invested in Citibank and became one of the company's top shareholders at the time.
1997 The Prince became Apple Computer Inc.'s second-largest shareholder; SFGate: Big Buys By Saudi Prince / He invests in Netscape, News Corp... (November 26, 1997)
1997 The Prince also purchased 5% of Netscape, 2.5% of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp and 1% of Motorola Inc.
In October 2001, following the World Trade Center attacks, New York mayor Rudy Giuliani turned down a $10 million donation from Alwaleed for disaster relief after the prince suggested the United States "must address some of the issues that led to such a criminal attack," and "re-examine its policies in the Middle East." Giuliani interpreted his statements as drawing "a moral equivalency between liberal democracies like the United States, like Israel, and terrorist states and those who condone terrorism."[7]
In 2002, Alwaleed donated 18.5 million British pounds ($27 million) to Palestinians during a TV telethon following Israeli operations in the West Bank refugee camp in Jenin in response to a suicide bombing that killed 29 Israelis. The telethon was ordered by Saudi King Fahd to help relatives of Palestinian "martyrs", which the Saudi government defined as "Palestinians who are victimized by Israeli terror and violence," and insisting the money wouldn't reach the families of suicide bombers. Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal stated that half of his pledge would help rebuild Palestinian infrastructure destroyed by Israeli forces, while the rest would be donated in the form of goods, including 100 vehicles and clothing.[8][9] However, a member of the Palestinian Legislative Council said that "some money will go to the families of suicide bombers." [10]
On November 20, 2008, it was announced that Prince Alwaleed bought 5% of the Citigroup's shares.Financial Times: Prince Alwaleed Buys Citigroup Shares (November 20, 2008)5
In April 2009, Prince Waleed bin Talal donated $20 million to Harvard University, one of its 25 largest donations.
http://www.islamicstudies.harvard.edu/overview/about_the_donor.php
August 2009: Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal’s net worth is estimated at US$16.3 billion, down from $21 billion. He is ranked by Forbes as the 22nd richest person in the world. He has been nicknamed by Time magazine as the Arabian Warren Buffett.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2445630/posts

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

From Forbes:

News Corp. Ups Stake In Prince Alwaleed's Media Group Rotana

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kerryadolan/2011/05/11/news-corp-ups-stake-in-prince-alwaleeds-media-group-rotana/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The same Fox News that spent hundreds of hours of programming attacking Gore for selling to the muslims.

You just cannot make this shit up.

#2 owner of Fox News is a Arab Prince Murdochalwaleed

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jon Stewart in 2010.  You'll have to watch a short ad first but it's worth it to see this.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-23-2010/the-parent-company-trap

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Yella wrote:I believe there is no organized presence on earth now or at any other time in the past that is as dangerous to the world as Islam.

Much as I respect your opinion, I completely disagree. Every Muslim I've ever known in my life has been a decent person...beyond decent. The worst enemy we have is the right-wing religious groups in our country who try to destroy everything that might help the majority of people. I live in the here and now, not in some ridiculous dream of the hereafter...and the policies of the "religious right" are not beneficial to the majority of people...in fact, the "religious right" has destroyed the lives of many through political influence.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

muslims good,  christians bad.  lol

muslims don't live in the "ridiculous dream of the hereafter".  They're all atheists.  lol

muslims treat women as equals.  they don't strap bombs to women and blow them up like those evil christians do.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum