Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The GOAT

+4
Ghost Rider
Hospital Bob
Markle
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The GOAT Empty The GOAT 12/28/2013, 3:19 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

The GOAT 170990300

2The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 3:26 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

3The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 4:11 am

Meh... the good news is a threepeat would make him half as good as MJ.

4The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 9:28 am

Markle

Markle

I thought the thread was about my car.

5The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 9:45 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just think it's so sad that the white boy standing behind the trophy has disfigured his arm so badly.

6The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 10:07 am

Markle wrote:I thought the thread was about my car.

lol! 

Do tell us about your car and its association with goat.

7The GOAT Empty Just Curious 12/28/2013, 11:19 am

Bob wrote:I just think it's so sad that the white boy standing behind the trophy has disfigured his arm so badly.  

Why do you think that? I agree with you that I dislike seeing tats that take up a large portion of the owner's body, and I would (almost) never have one myself. But in certain areas, such as some sports, and entertainment, tats have become acceptable and accepted.

8The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 11:32 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Chrissy wrote:

lol! 

The Pontiac GTO was known as the Goat. Does that mean he owns a GTO? Who knows?

9The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 12:19 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

colaguy wrote:
Bob wrote:I just think it's so sad that the white boy standing behind the trophy has disfigured his arm so badly.  

Why do you think that? I agree with you that I dislike seeing tats that take up a large portion of the owner's body, and I would (almost) never have one myself.  But in certain areas, such as some sports, and entertainment, tats have become acceptable and accepted.

Alabama's Clean cut AJ has a huge tat. Google him.

10The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 12:29 pm

Great players make others around them great. He does not.

11The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 1:34 pm

2seaoat

Three peat......how can you have a three peat when the Pacers beat them last year but for the refs........this year there are many teams which are playing better than they are......sadly the bulls are not one of them......injuries own the bulls.

12The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 1:49 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Great players make others around them great. He does not.

Lol. You don't watch or know anything about basketball.

13The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 7:53 pm

Markle

Markle

Ghost Rider wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

lol! 

I've owned my '66 Goat since 1969.  About 10 years ago I guess I had more money than sense and did a complete rebuild.  Stiffened frame, 421 cu.in. with three duce's, full race cam, heavy duty transmission, heavy duty rear end, custom tuned headers and exhaust 500+ hp.  Pretty cool car if I do say so myself.  Blows most anything off the road and it actually gets pretty good mileage on the road, only one of the carburetors opens up.

14The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/28/2013, 7:56 pm

Markle

Markle

colaguy wrote:

Why do you think that? I agree with you that I dislike seeing tats that take up a large portion of the owner's body, and I would (almost) never have one myself.  But in certain areas, such as some sports, and entertainment, tats have become acceptable and accepted.

Just so they never need a real job.  Then they're screwed.

15The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/29/2013, 12:20 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Scoring threat of Jordan combined with a passing ability that surpasses Magic. Top it off with some of the best defensive play in the league.

16The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/29/2013, 12:34 am

2seaoat

Scoring threat of Jordan combined with a passing ability that surpasses Magic. Top it off with some of the best defensive play in the league.

Please give me one player on the Heat who has elevated their play since he has arrived in Miami. The answer is zero. Give me one in his days with the Cavs. Wade has dropped in skill level, which is mostly age and injury. Where in all the teams has he really elevated the play of those around him.......the threes which fell from folks who were better before......I think it should be incredibly fun this year at playoffs. The Pacers are still one player away, but the Heat are far from the best this year.....some incredible young players in the west are changing the landscape.

I will give you that he is top 10 in the NBA today in offense. Top 5 in passing. Top 15 in defense......he does not match up well with point guards.....they have been eating him up. That is in the current NBA.....not over the last five years, or ten years..........he is a very good player.

17The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/29/2013, 1:08 am

talknstang

Markle wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

lol!The GOAT Img_2016 

I've owned my '66 Goat since 1969.  About 10 years ago I guess I had more money than sense and did a complete rebuild.  Stiffened frame, 421 cu.in. with three duce's, full race cam, heavy duty transmission, heavy duty rear end, custom tuned headers and exhaust 500+ hp.  Pretty cool car if I do say so myself.  Blows most anything off the road and it actually gets pretty good mileage on the road, only one of the carburetors opens up.

Cars? I like cars, lol......heres some things i actually did to my supercharged stang. Probably the only rear bumper tuck ever attempted. Built rear bumper from scratch with my own 2 hands
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-talk/104608-rear-bumper-tuck-3.html
The GOAT Img_2016
V

18The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/29/2013, 1:11 am

talknstang

Markle, that's a badass car u have or had, whichever....i'm sitting close to 500hp, not too sure, i havnt dyno'd it but tuned it myself through sniper

19The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/29/2013, 5:07 am

Markle

Markle

talknstang wrote:Markle,   that's a badass car u have or had, whichever....i'm sitting close to 500hp,  not too sure, i havnt dyno'd it but tuned it myself through sniper

Obviously mine is much more old school.  Not a single computer.

They tested it when the engine, transmission, rear end and other power components were finished.  It's a road car, not a show car.  That work was done in Atlanta.  I've been offered a lot of money for it, now what I put into it but none the less a lot of money.  Can't make up my mind.  I know that the last thing we need is a 70 year old man tooling around in a car with 500+ hp.  I like to think my reflexes, depth perception etc. are as quick as when I was 30 but I know better.  I don't drive it often, mostly it is garaged.  I'm not afraid of dying in it but it sure would be a waste of a great car.  Certainly wouldn't want to take anyone with me or injure anyone either.  But ohhhh...the memories....

20The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/29/2013, 5:45 am

talknstang

Markle wrote:
talknstang wrote:Markle,   that's a badass car u have or had, whichever....i'm sitting close to 500hp,  not too sure, i havnt dyno'd it but tuned it myself through sniper

Obviously mine is much more old school.  Not a single computer.

They tested it when the engine, transmission, rear end and other power components were finished.  It's a road car, not a show car.  That work was done in Atlanta.  I've been offered a lot of money for it, now what I put into it but none the less a lot of money.  Can't make up my mind.  I know that the last thing we need is a 70 year old man tooling around in a car with 500+ hp.  I like to think my reflexes, depth perception etc. are as quick as when I was 30 but I know better.  I don't drive it often, mostly it is garaged.  I'm not afraid of dying in it but it sure would be a waste of a great car.  Certainly wouldn't want to take anyone with me or injure anyone either.  But ohhhh...the memories....
70 is like the new 40, especially in a car like that, lol i do all my own customization. I did the entire screen, the custom rear bumper tuck, etc
Heres an older link discussing the computer setup i built for it. THe voice recognition is superb. It got me out of a few tickets since i programmed it to say something extra special to the cops when/if i get pulled over.
http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-project/137709-2001-mustang-gt.html

21The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/29/2013, 5:55 am

talknstang

a bit dirty under the hood but i still like it

The GOAT Blower11

22The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/29/2013, 10:22 am

Markle wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

lol! 

what a pleasant surprise. interesting tid bit about you sir.

I looked them up http://classiccars.com/listings/find/1966/pontiac/gto

nice car. is yours a convertible?

23The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/30/2013, 8:36 pm

Markle

Markle

Chrissy wrote:
Markle wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

lol! 

what a pleasant surprise. interesting tid bit about you sir.

I looked them up http://classiccars.com/listings/find/1966/pontiac/gto

nice car. is yours a convertible?

No, hardtop.  Wish it was.

24The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/31/2013, 10:53 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Scoring threat of Jordan combined with a passing ability that surpasses Magic. Top it off with some of the best defensive play in the league.

Please give me one player on the Heat who has elevated their play since he has arrived in Miami.  The answer is zero. Give me one in his days with the Cavs. Wade has dropped in skill level, which is mostly age and injury.  Where in all the teams has he really elevated the play of those around him.......the threes which fell from folks who were better before......I think it should be incredibly fun this year at playoffs.  The Pacers are still one player away, but the Heat are far from the best this year.....some incredible young players in the west are changing the landscape.

I will give you that he is top 10 in the NBA today in offense.  Top 5 in passing.  Top 15 in defense......he does not match up well with point guards.....they have been eating him up.  That is in the current NBA.....not over the last five years, or ten years..........he is a very good player.  

He turned 29 yesterday. At 29, he has 4,000 more points than either Kobe or Jordan did at the same age. By the end of his career, he will have more everything than Kobe or Jordan.

He has made every player around him better, all throughout his career. So the answer to your "name one player" question is, "everyone he has every played with". NBA players know this, and that is why they all want to play with Lebron.

Here are a few names.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Drew Gordon
Sasha Pavlovic
Larry Hughes

Lebron took those guys to the NBA finals. I'm not entirely sure any of these guys even play in the NBA anymore, but just a few years ago...NBA finals.

Today = not in the NBA. Yesterday = In the most prestigious game in the NBA.

Today = couch potatoes. Yesterday = The pinnacle of the sport.

I don't know about you, but I would describe that as an example of make the players around you better.

Cavs record in 2010: 61 - 21
Cavs record in 2011: 19 - 63

I would say Lebron made every player on the Cavs better. Oh, and the year he left the Cavs, he took a different team to the NBA finals.

25The GOAT Empty Re: The GOAT 12/31/2013, 11:07 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You mean someone over 7 ft tall can actually put a ball thru a hoop 10 ft above the floor ?...Stop the presses ! What a wonder filled sport, what amazing talent ! Where can I throw my money away sitting on my kester watching such fantastic skilz?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum