Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guess what you can do on Christmas Eve! You have an extra DAY to SIGN UP FOR OBAMACARE!

+2
dumpcare
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Once again, President Barack Hussein Obama CHANGES A LAW on his own whim.

What else would someone want to do on Christmas Eve?

For Health Coverage Starting Jan. 1, Deadline Extended a Day

March 31 Is Next Key Date in Signing Up for Insurance

By
Christopher Weaver 

Updated Dec. 23, 2013 1:54 p.m. ET

Federal officials delayed the deadline to sign up for Jan. 1 coverage through the end of Christmas Eve.

The deadline was originally set for midnight on Dec. 23, but contractors managing the site changed configurations to allow users to sign up for the first wave of health-law coverage through Dec. 24, people familiar with the matter said.

"Anticipating high demand and the fact that consumers may be enrolling from multiple time zones, we have taken steps to make sure that those who select a plan through tomorrow will get coverage for Jan 1," Julie Bataille, director of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service's Office of Communications, said in a statement.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304475004579276142967511928

dumpcare

Now this is pretty screwed up also: Started receiving message's early yesterday morning from some insurance journals that this was going to happen, as the day went on from these and message's from insurance company's, it went from: If you were in the que and could not sign up yesterday you could complete it up until Midnight Christmas Eve to you could start a whole new application from beginning to end. It was meant for the people who had at least created an account to finish it today, but no one ever clarified it.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

My personal take is that it will be changed to such an extent, there is no hurry to enroll at this point.

OTJT is tough on us all.

2seaoat

I guess a record one million using the site yesterday had nothing to do with it

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-23/obamacare-deadline-extended-one-day-on-busy-website.html

This is fricking amazing, and all the naysayers keep telling us nobody will sign up.......well the sign ups will be over the next five years and the penalty phase will begin in 2015 April 15th. We are in the first inning, and I have listened to our forum experts tell us that the Affordable Care Act is a failure in the first inning........how do you explain one million people trying to sign up in one day? Is it another government lie?

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I see bailouts in my crystal ball.

2seaoat

The same crystal ball which had Mr. Romney being elected to the presidency, and the cubs winning back to back world series.........I think you have broom lag.

2seaoat

2seaoat

The exchanges are simply overwhelmed......notice I did not leave a link........I figured with your flying monkeys and crystal ball.........why insult your skills.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

i never said Romney WOULD win, only that I hoped he would and I don't know who the cubs are.

Flying monkeys would be fun, however.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I guess a record one million using the site yesterday had nothing to do with it

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-23/obamacare-deadline-extended-one-day-on-busy-website.html

This is fricking amazing, and all the naysayers keep telling us nobody will sign up.......well the sign ups will be over the next five years and the penalty phase will begin in 2015 April 15th.   We are in the first inning, and I have listened to our forum experts tell us that the Affordable Care Act is a failure in the first inning........how do you explain one million people trying to sign up in one day?   Is it another government lie?
How many have paid for their coverage?

2seaoat

How many have paid for their coverage?

You are hysterical. You do not want to count the millions who are getting health care under the Affordable Care Act and expansion of Medicaid coverage, and you want to deny the millions of uninsured Americans who are going to the exchanges and finding affordable health care coverage. I feel like election night 2008 and 2012......this does not get much better.

To answer how may have paid for their coverage, you or I do not have that answer, but by asking that question you systemically discount the Affordable Care Act expansion of Medicaid coverage as an unworthy policy goal of the act.....sorry Mr. Markle......they know exactly what they are doing.......You hear that Republican Senator who is having second thoughts about the expansion of Medicaid in Wisconsin.....or the two Republican senators in KY who cannot stop the people from rushing to sign up......game over Mr. Markle.....the Affordable Care Act is here to stay, and get out of the way of that train running full speed ahead called......Medicare for all......choo chooo. I think I can....I think I can......

2seaoat

Flying monkeys would be fun, however.

They are fun and keep this place lively.....but you should feed T more bananas. I have been pulling his tail lately and he is cranky.  santa 

Seaoat you are so FOS your eyes are brown.

2seaoat

Seaoat you are so FOS your eyes are brown.

They are green so I must be right on the money......

Markle

Markle

Guess what you can do on Christmas Eve!  You have an extra DAY to SIGN UP FOR OBAMACARE! ObamaCareandSlavery-1

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Some of you crack me up! First, there's PaceDog with his military insurance. Then, there's Markle with his Medicare. I'm sure you both are happy in your comfortable, isolated little worlds.

Then there are people like me - people who have been unable to purchase a decent, comprehensive insurance policy for many years due to a pre-existing condition. People who were forced to work for corporations and businesses in order to obtain health insurance.

I took President Obama up on his kind offer to extend the deadline to midnight on December 24. Prior to that, I was so frustrated with the system I was bound and determined not to try again.

And guess what? I now have insurance. I have an affordable, comprehensive policy that covers my private physician and my hospital of choice. My deductible is low.

And yes, Markle, I paid for it.

After all these years, I am finally free.

by PBulldog2 Today at 11:03 am
Some of you crack me up! First, there's PaceDog with his military insurance. Then, there's Markle with his Medicare. I'm sure you both are happy in your comfortable, isolated little worlds.

Then there are people like me - people who have been unable to purchase a decent, comprehensive insurance policy for many years due to a pre-existing condition. People who were forced to work for corporations and businesses in order to obtain health insurance.

I took President Obama up on his kind offer to extend the deadline to midnight on December 24. Prior to that, I was so frustrated with the system I was bound and determined not to try again.

And guess what? I now have insurance. I have an affordable, comprehensive policy that covers my private physician and my hospital of choice. My deductible is low.

And yes, Markle, I paid for it.

After all these years, I am finally free.
-------
Hating on my military insurance after seven trips to the war zone and nearly 24 good years of service? You could have volunteered to do the same, but you didn't so quit whining about others earned benefits. Yes, I earned them like every vet who stayed the course and made the militaty a career.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Some of you crack me up!

They crack me up too, PB. Some folks can't even refrain from hating on Obama on Christmas day...... Have they nothing better to do today?....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Zvug,
Where did I mention you hero is my previous post? Maybe you've been hitting the bong with Seaoat?

2seaoat

Maybe you've been hitting the bong with Seaoat?

Let me see....President Obama was going to lose by a landslide in 2008. He did not have a chance. Everything the man did was wrong. He was going to lose by a landslide in the 2012 election because MOST people in America hated the Affordable Care Act. The Supreme Court was going to strike down the Affordable Care Act. The Affordable Care Act was going to fail because nobody would sign up.

I pretty much dead cinch predicted correctly each of these events, and you enthusiastically told us just the opposite......so now you tell everybody I am smoking a bong..........I would think based on your political predictions you might want to step away from the crack pipe, because the bong seems to be working........take a deep breath.......and get some fritos.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum