Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Denver Post Marijuana Editor: Pot to Generate $40 Million in Tax Revenue

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/denver-post-marijuana-editor--this-job-has--been-a-trip-172605621.html

A comment made by a reader on this article:

Chris • 1 hour 22 minutes ago Report Abuse

i live in boulder - this is huge. full disclosure, im 54, somewhat well to do from a life of hard work in high tech, pot smoker since age 16, fit, now running 20 miles/week, semiretired.

put it this way, when it comes to looking at secondary businesses that benefit (equipment, soil, amendments sale), i realized how big it will be the other day while picking up stash at the local apocethary. they now dispense buds in custom designed/fabbed injection molded containers specific for the product. there is mention that "this container conforms to CO Amendment 22". that is a lockable container to control its use. so not only is there a guy out there who has antied up $50k for a mold, there are countless lawyers and business folks in this. pile on the tourist trade that will boom (no longer need to fly to amsterdam). i wonder, if you are an east coast weed-friendly skier frustrated with rear view mirror thinkers, when booking a ski trip to the midwest will you land in denver or salt lake city? i rest my case. by the way, we have a condo at the base of keystone resort that i would be willing to rent and even go to the drug store for you.

I think thats great.

I wonder how much they are spending on extra police ect. Do you think crime has picked up. I have read some negative articles about the situation too.

Also, do you think it will increase the unemployment rate in these areas?

and the laws regarding the use of it. Have we all decided if its ok if a brain surgeon smokes a little right before diddling on your brain tumor?

2seaoat

Wait to they figure out the savings to the taxpayers to keep these folks in jail.......it will surpass the taxes collected. The real savings to Colorado will probably be over a 100 million a year.

Markle

Markle

What a joke.  What makes them think people are going to pay $40 million in Taxes.  Look at New York, they raised taxes on cigarettes astronomically in the hopes of additional revenue.  Instead, people started going out of state to get their cigarettes and bootlegging of cigarettes inside the city.  Their revenues dropped.

Same will happen in Colorado.  They'll buy their pot elsewhere and accidents in Colorado will increase along with fatalities.  Kids will start smoking it sooner and hard drug use will increase.

What a plan!

surfnrg

surfnrg

Markle wrote:What a joke.  What makes them think people are going to pay $40 million in Taxes.  Look at New York, they raised taxes on cigarettes astronomically in the hopes of additional revenue.  Instead, people started going out of state to get their cigarettes and bootlegging of cigarettes inside the city.  Their revenues dropped.

Same will happen in Colorado.  They'll buy their pot elsewhere and accidents in Colorado will increase along with fatalities.  Kids will start smoking it sooner and hard drug use will increase.

What a plan!

Anyone wants to smoke pot is already smoking pot. The pot sold in Colorado is very high grade plus u can grow so many plants at home i believe.

The real point is just like prohibition the people want this and are defying the laws in enough numbers to make it unenforceable anywhere in the country.

The laws controlling use will look a lot like alcohol in spite of the fact that being stoned and being inebriated have totally different results.

Pot should be legal everywhere controlled and taxed by each state.

surfnrg wrote:
Markle wrote:What a joke.  What makes them think people are going to pay $40 million in Taxes.  Look at New York, they raised taxes on cigarettes astronomically in the hopes of additional revenue.  Instead, people started going out of state to get their cigarettes and bootlegging of cigarettes inside the city.  Their revenues dropped.

What a plan!

Anyone wants to smoke pot is already smoking pot. The pot sold in Colorado is very high grade plus u can grow so many plants at home i believe.

The real point is just like prohibition the people want this and are defying the laws in enough numbers to make it unenforceable anywhere in the country.

The laws controlling use will look a lot like alcohol in spite of the fact that being stoned and being inebriated have totally different results.

so your in favor of doing what the people want as a whole? If so then you agree obamacare should not exist and the illegals need to be sent back and borders closed.

do those and I will vote for your pot heads and then watch and laugh. I might even giggle  Very Happy 

2seaoat

If so then you agree obamacare should not exist and the illegals need to be sent back and borders closed.

In cuckoo world that may be what most people think, but in the sane world folks think prohibition should stop, increasing coverage in health care is a good thing, and punishing and giving folks a path to citizenship is fair.......but the sane world requires proper identification.......those lacking the same are referred to Fox world where they are given an intense program where they are convinced that Santa and Jesus are white........ooooops.....that is cuckoo world.

Markle

Markle

surfnrg wrote:

What a plan!

No, they both result in a loss of personal control.

If legalized marijuana is such a good thing, why is Amsterdam and other places it is legal or at least accepted making efforts to greatly reduce its availability?  Simple, it draws crime to the area, loan sharking, money laundering and much worse.

Making something which is immoral, legal, does not make it moral, only legal.

2seaoat

Making something which is immoral, legal, does not make it moral, only legal.

So wine was once illegal, and then made legal, was it also immoral......cuz Jesus made a great deal of it......he was a dealer........5-10-mandatory life....or at least until we crucify you.........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum