Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schism - Boehner Tries to Cut Loose the Teabags

+6
Floridatexan
2seaoat
boards of FL
surfnrg
dumpcare
Sal
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Schism - Boehner Tries to Cut Loose the Teabags Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn

Years of growing friction between the Republican Party leaders and its Tea Party faction has erupted into what one conservative said today was "full-scale civil war."

House Speaker John Boehner, whose strategies have been repeatedly thwarted by Tea Party revolts in recent years, was blunt today when asked whether he thought the ultra-conservatives should get in line.

"I don't care what they do," Boehner replied.

The speaker lashed out at Tea Party activists.

"Well, frankly, I think they're misleading their followers," House Speaker John Boehner told reporters today. "I think they're pushing our members in places where they don't want to be."

"And frankly, I just think that they've lost all credibility," Boehner said.

Boehner's frustration is perhaps matched by the fury among tea party conservatives who believe they have been betrayed by conservative leaders in Washington.

"It's just another example of D.C. elitism. They think they know what's best for the rest of the country and they want us to just sit down and shut up," Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of Tea Party Patriots, told ABC News today.

Wednesday brought a double dose of betrayal from Republican leadership, in the tea party's view.

The budget proposal crafted by Rep. Paul Ryan, R-W.I., and Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., was warmly embraced by Republican leadership.

The tea party followers believe the deal was inadequate, but they were also angered when Boehner slammed outside groups for their " ridiculous" criticism of the deal.

Boehner said today he has decided to take his conference in a different direction after conservatives in his party pushed a showdown to defund Obamacare that led to a government shutdown -- and some of the Republican Party's worst approval ratings in public polling.

"You know, they pushed into this fight to defund 'Obamacare' and to shut down the government," Boehner said. "Most of you know, my members know, that wasn't exactly the strategy that I had in mind."

"But if you recall, the day before the government reopened… one of these groups stood up and said, well, we never really thought it would work," he added. "Are you kidding me?"

Relations were further strained when Republican leaders on Wednesday fired high level staffer Paul Teller, who often served as the liaison between members of Congress and outside activists.

"It's sad that this conflict has broken out into full-scale civil war, but this moment has been festering for years," wrote Daniel Horowitz, the policy director of the Madison Project, a conservative group that has sought candidates to challenge Republican incumbents in primaries, in a statement. "There can be no reconciliation between those who seek power for power's sake and those who seek to serve in order to restore our Republic."

Teller, the executive director of the Republican Study Committee, an independent research arm for House Republicans, was reportedly accused of leaking private lawmaker-only information to these outside groups.

Brent Bozell, chairman of For America, a Tea Party group that undersigned a letter to Republican leadership Wednesday night from more than 30 Tea Party groups angry over Teller's dismissal, said that his removal was an act of war.

"They were just out to get rid of him in a declaration of war on conservatives which is really, really stupid," Bozell said. "They're trying to intimidate conservatives and this one is going to backfire on them."

"They've now made it personal," he added. "It is now a personal attack on conservatives."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-tea-party-activists-full-scale-civil-war/story?id=21194296

dumpcare

Good speech and he didn't even cry.

3Schism - Boehner Tries to Cut Loose the Teabags Empty Needed 12/12/2013, 5:46 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

About time

The obstructionist party now has some chance to not further unravel.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'd like to see them shed the rest of their sanity and just go full on crazy. Give us a Trump/Palin, or perhaps Rand/Cruz ticket. Something along those lines. Nothing would make the Daily Show more enjoyable than to see the Tea Party win this.

It's bs to even call this a deal... that implies it accomplishes something good for us. The debt grows... that's about it.

Do y'all think that can go on forever?

2seaoat

It's bs to even call this a deal... that implies it accomplishes something good for us. The debt grows... that's about it.

The current deficit has been cut in half in just four years. Go ahead and take out that four year mortgage on your home.......most think 30 years works.

2seaoat wrote:It's bs to even call this a deal... that implies it accomplishes something good for us. The debt grows... that's about it.

The current deficit has been cut in half in just four years. Go ahead and take out that four year mortgage on your home.......most think 30 years works.

Depends... on the house. Some have simple tastes... others have unrealistic tastes. 30 years on the taj is dumb.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

He's only trying to shift the blame for his poor performance. Note to "conservatives": when you bring in the crazies to pump up your power, you reap what you sow. "Tea Party" = GOP

Beohner is a moron suck up to Obama.

VectorMan

VectorMan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Beohner is a moron suck up to Obama.

Yep. That man is toast. He has attacked and demonized his last true conservative.

See ya later cry baby! You're no better than that lame ass Mcain and his ilk. IDIOTS!

Right along with that complete asshole, Obama. Geez! What next?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:It's bs to even call this a deal... that implies it accomplishes something good for us. The debt grows... that's about it.

The current deficit has been cut in half in just four years.  Go ahead and take out that four year mortgage on your home.......most think 30 years works.

$17+ TRILLION DEBT, WILL BE $20 TRILLION when President Barack Hussein Obama leaves office.  Traitorous is a word that works.

That "half" you refer to is also a higher deficit than any other president in history.  You must be so proud!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

boards of FL wrote:I'd like to see them shed the rest of their sanity and just go full on crazy.  Give us a Trump/Palin, or perhaps Rand/Cruz ticket.  Something along those lines.  Nothing would make the Daily Show more enjoyable than to see the Tea Party win this.

Yes, either way the voters are better off. If the R's nominate an extreme ticket it will be a Goldwater type loss and a reality check for the GOP supporters. If they come up with someone more moderate it will upset the Tea Party types and there will be a split there with some staying home or maybe a token third party candidate. Either way the Dems win.

I was astounded to hear his comments and scolding of the extremists. He finally came out and said what everyone knew namely that these guys were pandering to the wingers to build up their mailing lists and fund raising. They of course knew all along there was not a snowballs chance in hell of them defunding the ACA but kept throwing that possibility out there to raise money.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Boehner not taking it anymore from conservative groups

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/12/politics/budget-boehner/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Schism - Boehner Tries to Cut Loose the Teabags 9k=

The supposedly enlightened progressive liberals don't like the GOP because they're to far right and they don't like the Tea Party because they're to far to the right also.

Perhaps if the Democrats had some other position than supporting every supposedly enlightened progressive liberal agenda that came along I'd might consider a Democrat...

But then that would make them to far to the right also wouldn't it?.....

Why would I vote for a Democrat?.....

For the last few years they seem to toe the line on every far left supposedly enlightened progressive liberal agenda the comes along and are more than willing to sign the legislation then read what's in it afterwards.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Yhq1EwO5E

Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum