Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Medicine for the Soul!!!!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Medicine for the Soul!!!!!  Empty Medicine for the Soul!!!!! 12/2/2013, 9:07 pm

I love you 

It only took one dose for me. I think I'm ok for a while. Smile 

I highly recommend if you have access to this wonderful event to partake and enjoy.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Last night one of the tv networks aired "Countdown to Conway" which is one of the Hallmark Hall of Fame offerings for this Christmas season.

It was one of the most moving and uplifting things I have ever watched.  When it got to the final sequence,  I cried like a baby.  

It will air several more times between now and Christmas on the Hallmark cable channel if you're able to see that.   I will watch it again because I missed seeing the first part of it last night.

It is indeed "medicine for the soul".

3Medicine for the Soul!!!!!  Empty Re: Medicine for the Soul!!!!! 12/4/2013, 12:07 am

Bob wrote:Last night one of the tv networks aired "Countdown to Conway" which is one of the Hallmark Hall of Fame offerings for this Christmas season.

It was one of the most moving and uplifting things I have ever watched.  When it got to the final sequence,  I cried like a baby.  

It will air several more times between now and Christmas on the Hallmark cable channel if you're able to see that.   I will watch it again because I missed seeing the first part of it last night.

It is indeed "medicine for the soul".
I watched almost 2 complete movies on hallmark last night. was a nice change.

and I looked up countdown to Conway, this is what I found lol.. hey, yall might can win a free book... they are giving on a day away till dec 24th.

http://www.conwaypublishing.com/

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I'm off to Disney with my 2 daughters.....YYIIPPEEE!

Medicine for the Soul!!!!!  Pluto16

Do you have your magic bracelets? My daughter just got back from there last week. Have fun...

6Medicine for the Soul!!!!!  Empty Re: Medicine for the Soul!!!!! 12/4/2013, 10:53 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

[quote="Mr Ichi"]Do you have your magic bracelets?  My daughter just got back from there last week.  Have fun...[/quote

I didn't know about them...appreciate the tip!

We always have fun, thank you!

7Medicine for the Soul!!!!!  Empty Re: Medicine for the Soul!!!!! 12/4/2013, 11:30 am

MAGICBANDS
How can I get a MagicBand?
Right now, you can only get one if you’re staying at a Disney resort that is testing them (see the comments below for the current list). Once launched, all guests at all Disney World resorts and all annual passholders will get one for free. If you book more than 10 days ahead, your MagicBands will be sent to your house. Otherwise they’ll be waiting for you at your resort.
How can I get a MagicBand if I’m not staying at a Disney Resort? Do they cost anything?
The MagicBands will be free to all Disney resort guests and annual passholders. Other guests will receive a card as their park ticket. Those guests may upgrade their ticket to a MagicBand for a small fee once that service launches.
What can I do with my MagicBand?
That depends on if you’re an annual passholder or resort guest, or both. But here’s what can be done with the bands: (See Video Here)
Using Disney MagicBand to enter a hotel room• Check in for Magical Express at the Orlando Airport
• Check in at your Disney resort
• Charge purchases to your account
• Unlock you Disney Resort room door
• Add your PhotoPass pictures to your PhotoPass account
• Play interactive games and attractions (Test Track, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, A Pirate’s Adventure)
• Book Fastpass+
• Get free parking at the Disney parks
• Get into the Disney parks and water parks
How do the MagicBands work?
MagicBands use Radio Frequency (RFID) technology and can be read by short and long-range readers. In most cases, you’ll touch your MagicBand to a touch point at Disney World (most look like Mickey heads) to activate it. If the Mickey head lights green, you’re good to go.
What can the MagicBands do that card tickets can’t?
Because the MagicBands can be read by short- and long-range readers and the cards can only be read by short-range readers, there will be certain “magical” things that will happen only for MagicBand wearers. For example, your name may be said in an attraction or by a character, or some other personalization may happen somewhere in Walt Disney World as you walk by.
Can annual passholders be a part of the test?
Yes, if they book a stay at a Disney resort that is part of the test. (See list in the comments below.)
Will the bands continue to work for annual passholders after their hotel stay?
Yes. Once their annual pass is linked to their MagicBand, they can continue to use it and book FastPass+.
How secure are the MagicBands? Can my credit card or personal information be stolen?
UPDATED 9-5-13: Just like most RFID chips, it’s likely someone could walk by you with an RFID reader and copy the information on your MagicBand or pass. But your credit card and personal information aren’t stored on the band or card. Only code is stored. Disney’s readers use that code to look up your information, which is stored in their secure database. Also, to make a purchase, you have to enter a four digit pin number, which you previously set up. But they could use your FastPass+ and get in your hotel room if they knew your room number. So it’s best to report it asap. (See the next question.)
What should I do if I lose my MagicBand?
If you lose it, you should immediately go to Guest Relations or log onto the app and disable the band you lost. But even if someone finds your band or steals it, they can’t make purchases with it unless they know your pin number.
Do I have to give my personal information?
To take advantage of some of MyMagic+ features and benefits, you’ll need to give Disney some personal information when you sign up online. But if you don’t mind losing some of the benefits, you can opt out of giving them part of your information or all of it. You can also opt out for your children.
Can I stop my child from being able to charge on their MagicBand?
Yes. You can set who can charge and who can’t when checking in at your Disney resort.
When paying using MagicBand, how will I get my passholder (or other) discount?
Right now, for Passholders, DVC members and cast members to get their discounts, they’ll still need to show their pass/card ticket.
What if I forget to bring my MagicBand to the park?
UPDATED 9-5-13: You’ll still be able to get in the park and use some of the MyMagic features using your card ticket, if you receive one, including FastPass+. If you don’t have a card, you’ll need to visit guest services at the park.
Can I use my ticket/pass instead of a MagicBand, or opt out of getting a MagicBand?
UPDATED 9-5-13: You’ll get one automatically when booking a stay at Disney’s resorts but you don’t have to use it. With the new system, you can have multiple MagicBands and card tickets all connected to your account. They will all work independently of each other. But keep in mind that you may not get some of the MagicBand benefits if you don’t have it with you. FastPass+ will still work with your card ticket.
Can I re-use my MagicBand on my future visits?
Yes, but you may automatically receive a new MagicBand when you make Disney resort reservations. The online site and My Disney Experience app let you manage multiple passes and MagicBands.
Can I give my MagicBand to someone else to use?
You’re not supposed to. It won’t work for getting someone in the parks because all guests still have to scan their fingerprints or show ID. You could give it to someone else to use your FastPass+ reservations, but you’re not supposed to.
MagicBand accessoriesWhat sort of MagicBand accessories are available?
UPDATE 9-5-13: Disney sells buttons, sliders and sleeves for the bands. Disney is also selling T-shirts that have various designs using Magicbands. You can find them at most of the resorts that are testing the bands. Click Here to see our video of how to use the accessories.
Is the MagicBand waterproof?
Yes, you can wear it in the pool, rain or ocean. You can also leave it on the dash of your car and it should to be OK.
What size MagicBands are available?
Making a Disney Magicband smallerThere is only one size available but it is supposed to fit on the wrists of 95 percent of guests. Kids and those with small wrists can peel away part of the band to make it smaller.
What do the bands feel like? Are they hypoallergenic?
They’re smooth, flexible and made of a non-latex hypoallergenic material.
What MagicBand colors are available?
You can get red, blue, green, pink, yellow, orange or gray.
How do I chose which color Magicband I want?
UPDATE 9-5-13: If you book your Disney resort stay about 10 days ahead of time, you can customize your MagicBand by choosing the color you want and the name you want printed on the back through Disney’s website. If you don’t choose your color, they will automatically give you a gray one.
Will the MagicBands work at Disney parks outside of Walt Disney World?
No, not yet. Walt Disney World is the only place they will work. Other Disney parks, including Disneyland in California, still use paper tickets.
Will my MagicBand do anything outside of Walt Disney World?
The only feature we’ve seen so far is in the Disney Infinity video game. Touch the MagicBand to the base and the Disney Dragon appears. Click Here to see it in action.
NEW 9-7-13: What if I’m buying my tickets or booking my Disney resort through a third-party?
You should still be able to register on Disney’s website and look up your hotel reservation and link your tickets to your online account.
FASTPASS+
How many attractions can I book per day with FastPass+?
You can book up to three attractions per day, but they must all be at the same park. All three must be from whichever park you chose that day.
UPDATED 11-1-13:: Kennythepirate.com has reported that for the months of November and December 2013, Disney is testing the limiting of FastPass+ selections at Epcot. During this test, the FastPass+ attractions have been placed into two groups. The most popular rides are in one group and the others are in the other. Guests are only able to chose one selection from the first group and their other two selections from the second group. When we checked on Nov. 1, 2013, guests could only chose one among Illuminations, Maelstrom, Character Spot, Soarin’ and Test Track. They could choose two among Capt. EO, Journey Into Imagination With Figment, Living With the Land, Mission: Space, The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Spaceship Earth and Turtle Talk With Crush.
Can I used the FastPass+ program if I don’t have a MagicBand?
UPDATED 9-3-13: If you’re not staying at a Disney resort and you don’t pay the fee to upgrade your card ticket to MagicBand, you should still be able to link your ticket to the My Disney Experience app and use FastPass+.
How far ahead can I book FastPass+?
You can book your FastPasses 60 days in advance.
Do I have to choose my Fastpass+ selections ahead of time?
Disney FastPass+ kiosk in Storybook CircusNo, you can choose them when you get to the park at one of the many stations they have set up around the park or through the My Disney Experience app.
Can I change my FastPass+ selections? How do I do it?
UPDATED 9-5-13: Yes, you can change them anytime up to your FastPass return time at one of the many stations around the park or through the My Disney Experience app. If you miss one of your FastPass return times, you can reschedule it for a different time or attraction.
Can each person in our group choose different FastPasses?
Yes, you can choose the same FastPasses for everyone in your party at once or individually.
Where do I go in the park for help?
Cast members will be available at Guest Services and at the kiosks around the parks.
Can I book FastPass+ and use the old Fastpass machines?
UPDATED 9-5-13: Maybe. We read in Disney’s FAQ that you won’t be able to, but we were able to do it. If you have your card ticket or hotel room card with you, give it a try. (Resort guests are given the MagicBands and a backup Key to the World card.) In fact, we were able to book three FastPass+ times plus get a old FastPass with our room key and another one at the same time with our card ticket.
UPDATED: 11-12-13: Some resorts will begin testing only giving guests MagicBands and no hotel cards, or their hotel cards will not have a magnetic stripe needed for the old FastPass machines. These guests will only be able to use FastPass+, and not the old FastPass machines.
Will the old FastPass system remain after FastPass+ is fully launched?
Disney hasn’t said for sure. Our guess is the old FastPass system will be going away once FastPass+ is fully launched.
Do the FastPass+ reservations still include a time window for me to be there?
Yes, you will be given a one-hour window to return to the attraction in most cases. Some things, like the parade and show return times, are shorter.
What happens if an attraction I have FastPass+ booked for goes down?
UPDATED 9-5-13: You will be given a chance to pick a new FastPass attraction. You will also receive an e-mail telling you it’s no longer available. About 10 minutes before our FastPass+ time started for Test Track, we received an e-mail saying the attraction was temporarily unavailable. The e-mail listed several other attractions and said we could ride one of them anytime we wanted the rest of the day. We didn’t need to reserve a time or attraction. We just had to show up to ride. You may wait and see if the original ride you wanted reopens or go ride a different one.
Will guests be able to figure out the FastPass+ system?
That’s a good question. We will see how hard it ends up being for most guests. But Disney has set up a FastPick system which can automatically suggest FastPasses selections for those who can’t decide.
Will FastPass+ service make the attraction standby lines longer?
Disney says they don’t expect the standby queues will be any longer than they were before FastPass+.
Which attractions offer FastPass+?
The old system had 28. The new one has more than 60. Disney has added FastPass+ to many attractions and experiences that never had it before, including some quick service restaurants, shows and parades.
NEW 9-5-13: Can I use all three of my FastPass+ reservations for the same ride, so I can ride it more than once?
Maybe. Disney’s Website, app and kiosks don’t allow you to, but you may be able to do this with the help of a cast member.
Why did they add more attractions than the old Fastpass system had?
Only Disney knows for sure, but we’ve heard this will help even things out at the more popular attractions. If only the most popular attractions were available, they would all fill up quickly. But with many guests not knowing ahead of time which rides will most likely have long lines, they’ll just pick FastPasses for the attractions they most want to see. This should help spread the selection out among all the attractions.
NEW 9-5-13: If I go to an attraction at my FastPass+ return time and see there is no line, can I change that experience to a different one?
Yes. If you don’t scan in at that attraction, then you may change it to a different one. But once you scan in, the attraction is marked that you used one of your three for the day.
Why do I need a FastPass for a parade/dining, etc.?
UPDATED 9-5-13: This allows you to have a guaranteed spot for whatever you book. You can reserve a FastPass+ for a parade or fireworks show and not have to sit on the curb for hours for a great viewing spot. You can get a FastPass for Be Our Guest quick service at lunch and not have to wait in line. The Be Our Guest test is currently by invite from Disney only.
NEW 9-3-13: Will some FastPass+ reservations be available for every attraction each day or will those who book ahead get them all?
Disney hasn’t said, but we expect they will hold some back from being booked until the day of. But like the current FastPass system, FastPass+ reservations for popular rides may be gone at various times each day.
NEW 9-6-13: Will FastPass+ be available during special ticketed events such as Mickey’s Halloween and Christmas parties and Night of Joy?
No, neither the traditional FastPass system nor FastPass+ will be available during the special ticketed events.
- See more at: http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2013/09/03/hands-on-with-disneys-fastpass-and-magicbands-your-mymagic-questions-answered/#sthash.OWcPPxNv.dpuf

8Medicine for the Soul!!!!!  Empty Re: Medicine for the Soul!!!!! 12/4/2013, 11:33 am

9Medicine for the Soul!!!!!  Empty Re: Medicine for the Soul!!!!! 12/4/2013, 12:57 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

They look promising, Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum