Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forbes magazine calls for Obama impeachment

+6
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
knothead
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

.... And makes a compelling argument.

Yep, you can't make changes to law already in place. We have a Congress that has that job. Obama doesn't seem to undrstand that by trying to make five changes to just the ACA.

http://youngcons.com/forbes-flat-out-calls-for-obamas-impeachment-and-their-argument-is-very-compelling/

knothead

knothead

Well all rightee then . . . . how preposterous . . . actually ridiculous but . . .

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

But but but....it his name so maybe he thinks he is exempt.

Since President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law, he has changed it five times. Most notably, he suspended the employer mandate last summer. This is widely known, but almost no one seems to have grasped its significance.
The Constitution authorizes the President to propose and veto legislation. It does not authorize him to change existing laws. The changes Mr. Obama ordered in Obamacare, therefore, are unconstitutional. This means that he does not accept some of the limitations that the Constitution places on his actions. We cannot know at this point what limitations, if any, he does accept.
By changing the law based solely on his wish, Mr. Obama acted on the principle that the President can rewrite laws and—since this is a principle—not just this law, but any law.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

What a pile of garbage. You ignorant idiots are beyond belief.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
What a pile of garbage.  You ignorant idiots are beyond belief.
Ignorant idiots? Give me a break....you are so consumed with former President Bush you can not even think straight.

2seaoat

It does not authorize him to change existing laws. The changes Mr. Obama ordered in Obamacare, therefore, are unconstitutional.

The Executive Branch executes legislation passed by Congress. If somebody believes the President has acted unconstitutionally in his discretion to execute the legislation, it is simply a lawsuit which needs to be filed, and the Supreme Court will rule on the same........just a clue.......you are dealing with a Constitutional scholar who fully knows that the timing of Judicial review of these issues will render the same moot and not justiciable.....but in regards to the impeachment.....heck you can indict a ham sandwich, but the Senate will not convict, so it is the province of really some stupid conversation.

Let me see if I am getting this right. The folks who want to defund and revoke the Affordable Care Act, are not going to file a lawsuit to declare the schedule of implementation of the Act by the Executive Branch is unconstitutional.........and we are going to impeach the President for not implementing it quicker......you really cannot make this stuff up. I love this country, and I enjoy this forum.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Forbes magazine calls for Obama impeachment  The-end-of-the-world_o_410496

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 12/2/2013, 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:It does not authorize him to change existing laws. The changes Mr. Obama ordered in Obamacare, therefore, are unconstitutional.

The Executive Branch executes legislation passed by Congress.  If somebody believes the President has acted unconstitutionally in his discretion to execute the legislation, it is simply a lawsuit which needs to be filed, and the Supreme Court will rule on the same........just a clue.......you are dealing with a Constitutional scholar who fully knows that the timing of Judicial review of these issues will render the same moot and not justiciable.....but in regards to the impeachment.....heck you can indict a ham sandwich, but the Senate will not convict, so it is the province of really some stupid conversation.

Let me see if I am getting this right.  The folks who want to defund and revoke the Affordable Care Act, are not going to file a lawsuit to declare the schedule of implementation of the Act by the Executive Branch is unconstitutional.........and we are going to impeach the President for not implementing it quicker......you really cannot make this stuff up.   I love this country, and I enjoy this forum.

Tell it to Forbes.

it really is the best idea and there must be a 100 things to impeach him on.

at least

2seaoat

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billfrezza/2012/05/22/romney-crushes-obama-in-presidential-election-blowout/

Nothing to tell.....they have been making the same attacks on Obama since 2008. They were wrong on the election, and they are wrong on the constitutionality issue......not as to substance......I do not have an accurate pulse of the court in 2013, but as to procedure and timing.....they do not have a clue.

2seaoat

at least

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:

at least

Love it!!!cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

knowing how the government works an impeachment will probably cost us a hundred million dollars and all we get for it is biden.
but it will be a bonanza for the commercial news media.
won't impede government though because government is already paralyzed.

just another symptom of a country in utter decline.

I was just coming home from dinner and listening to the radio news.
The post office has issued a statute of liberty stamp. But they patterned it after the statue of liberty in las vegas and not the one in new york harbor.
so now the guy who made the one in vegas is suing the post office for copyright infringement.

everywhere you turn, more symptoms of a country in utter decline.

Forbes magazine calls for Obama impeachment  2Q==

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

We the People  of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article. I.

Section. 1.

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG1W7JDWv50

Smile

2seaoat

just another symptom of a country in utter decline.

Bob.....you are utterly confused......the country is not in decline.......just the aging babyboomers.....separate the old white guy syndrome from this great vibrant nation, and you will get closer to the truth.

We are going to see manufacturing return to America as we migrate to Medicare for all, we will see continued dominance in agricultural and energy production. Our transportation and communication systems are second to none, Our research and educational facilities still dominate, and all we need to do now........is push those babyboomers from the throwns of power and let youth rule this country again......We be fine as a nation......but you and me......were F'd.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Damaged Eagle wrote:Forbes magazine calls for Obama impeachment  2Q==

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

We the People  of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article. I.

Section. 1.

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG1W7JDWv50

Smile

Obama and Michelle are a couple of those rare lawyers that never actually had to study law....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just think. A congress which has a 6% approval rating (as of today) doing an impeachment. You just cannot make this shit up. lol

2seaoat

Just think. A congress which has a 6% approval rating (as of today) doing an impeachment. You just cannot make this shit up. lol

Yep, and with the impeachment they can drop to .5%....you know.....those people who actually had their premiums go up with the Affordable Care Act.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am sorry, but Obama will never be impeached.

That means we get to watch PaceDog, Markle, and a few others bounce around the padded room for another three years.
Twisted Evil

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:just another symptom of a country in utter decline.

Bob.....you are utterly confused......the country is not in decline.......just the aging babyboomers.....separate the old white guy syndrome from this great vibrant nation, and you will get closer to the truth.

We are going to see manufacturing return to America as we migrate to Medicare for all, we will see continued dominance in agricultural and energy production.  Our transportation and communication systems are second to none,  Our research and educational facilities still dominate, and all we need to do now........is push those babyboomers from the throwns of power and let youth rule this country again......We be fine as a nation......but you and me......were F'd.
Yep that's all that's needed.  To get rid of baby boomers and all the rest of the mensas in this country will live happily ever after.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

seaoat, you pride yourself on being a champion against bigotry. you and Sal both.

And then you both turn right around and express bigotry against an entire generation of americans.

And if I was not pointing it out to you, you both would be oblivious to what you do.

Bigotry against a generation is no different than bigotry against a race. Or a religion. Or a sexual orientation. Or a gender. It ALL is based on a stereotype.
And a stereotype of a generation is no different than a stereotype of a race.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:seaoat, you  pride yourself on being a champion against bigotry.  you and Sal both.

And then you both turn right around and express bigotry against an entire generation of americans.

And if I was not pointing it out to you,  you both would be oblivious to what you do.

Bigotry against a generation is no different than bigotry against a race.  Or a religion.  Or a sexual orientation.  Or a gender.  It ALL is based on a stereotype.  
And a stereotype of a generation is no different than a stereotype of a race.

I nominate this as post of the year !!
cheers cheers cheers 

2seaoat

Yep that's all that's needed. To get rid of baby boomers and all the rest of the mensas in this country will live happily ever after.

The parasitic baby boom generation who needed to have free love, greed, and now the elimination of all taxation, needs to just slide into those nursing homes, and see who is changing their diapers.....you know that 15% capital gains rate and near elimination of estate taxes........came at a social cost as we raked up 17 trillion debt in one generation..........and those gated communities and millions in your qualified plan........is not going to change the bed we made.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:Well all rightee then . . . . how preposterous . . . actually ridiculous but . . .  
Forbes magazine calls for Obama impeachment  BurningConstitution

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum