Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turkey

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Turkey Empty Turkey 11/25/2013, 4:56 pm

cool1

cool1

When is the best time to pull your turkey out to thaw if your house isn't warm all the time just sometimes -- when do yall put yours out ? Wed -morning maybe im thinking let it sit out or do yall think sooner than that to have it totally thawed out I would think Wed-morning ? And then Wed--night put it back in ref-- or Tuesday night put it out lol---just wondering when yall put yours out? How have yall always done it ?

2Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 5:00 pm

cool1

cool1

I have heard where some cook theres the night before half way then the next morning finish cooking it Ive never done that before I usually start it Thanks giving day real early then by say 11 its done:  Laughing

3Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 5:11 pm

cool1

cool1

I have the largest Turkey ever--have to feed a lot of people lol

4Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 5:26 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cool1 wrote:I have the largest Turkey ever--have to feed a lot of people lol
I have a 21 lb turkey. I have had it in the refrigerator thawing since Friday. This size takes 4-5 days to thaw. You cannot leave a turkey on the counter to thaw. If necessary keep it wrapped a thaw in the sink filled with water. (Tap water not hot water) a 20 lb turkey will thaw in water in 2 days...or figure 30-40 minutes per pound.

5Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 5:53 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I won a 12 lb turkey from WEBY in a radio call-in contest.
Finally I have something to show for the hundreds of hours I've wasted listening to the blather on that station.

6Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 6:22 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
cool1 wrote:I have the largest Turkey ever--have to feed a lot of people lol
I have a 21 lb turkey. I have had it in the refrigerator thawing since Friday. This size takes 4-5 days to thaw. You cannot leave a turkey on the counter to thaw. If necessary keep it wrapped a thaw in the sink filled with water. (Tap water not hot water) a 20 lb turkey will thaw in water in 2 days...or figure 30-40 minutes per pound.
yes thats what we are doing.

oh and I dont think its a good idea to cook it half way then finish later. no, I would not do that.

Ours will go in the oven betyween 5-6am, always done before mid day so we can cook pies. cakes and other stuff done day before.

7Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 6:31 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Our turkey is almost 20 pounds.  I moved it from the freezer section to the cold section of the fridge this past Saturday morning.  It'll go into the oven around 7 am on Thursday.

8Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 6:34 pm

Sal

Sal

We've been getting fresh turkeys from Publix. 

You can call and reserve whatever size you want. 

9Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 6:38 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I bought a Publix frozen one.  Hope it's good.

10Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 7:25 pm

cool1

cool1

oh gosh im taking mine out and putting it in fridge right now Shocked

11Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 7:30 pm

cool1

cool1

another question I bought cool whip and put it in freezer--I asked a young girl I thought she knew --she said take it out day before and put it in fridge is that right ? I have to buy another tub but im kinda worried did I do the right thing with the one in freezer?

12Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 7:32 pm

cool1

cool1

im going to wait till around Wed--to buy pumpkin pie if they still have them.

13Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 7:37 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

cool1 wrote:another question I bought cool whip and put it in freezer--I asked a young girl I thought she knew --she said take it out day before and put it in fridge is that right ?  I have to buy another tub but im kinda worried did I do the right thing with the one in freezer?
Yes, I would take frozen cool whip out of the freezer and put it in the fridge the day before.  So that it'll be thawed out for your Thanksgiving pie.  A tub of it will keep fine in the fridge for a week or so.

14Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 7:48 pm

cool1

cool1

Ok thank you Neko  Smile

15Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/25/2013, 9:57 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cool1 wrote:oh gosh im taking mine out and putting it in fridge right now Shocked
Cool you may need to put your turkey in the sink tomorrow and cove it with water.

16Turkey Empty Re: Turkey 11/26/2013, 9:32 am

cool1

cool1

I will Joni for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum