Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

look at this crazy bug

+3
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1look at this crazy bug Empty look at this crazy bug 11/24/2013, 9:03 pm

look at this crazy bug Bug_tr10

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/11/19/bug-hair-suriname-species-animals/

It may or may not be a new species, but this crazy-haired bug is an eye popper of a planthopper.

Trond Larsen was lucky enough to notice and photograph the tiny insect—about five millimeters long—during an international expedition of field biologists to the mountainous region of southeastern Suriname in 2012

that's a crazy looking thing. there is really some weird lookin stuff out here.

2look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/24/2013, 9:06 pm

I wonder if someone has ever dumped some of these things in places and maybe these things are the cause of that disease where people think they have fibers coming out of their skin, I forget what they call it.

3look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/24/2013, 9:12 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:I wonder if someone has ever dumped some of these things in places and maybe these things are the cause of that disease where people think they have fibers coming out of their skin, I forget what they call it.
Something like Morgellons

4look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/24/2013, 9:37 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:I wonder if someone has ever dumped some of these things in places and maybe these things are the cause of that disease where people think they have fibers coming out of their skin, I forget what they call it.
Something like Morgellons
yes, that's it.

I know this bug is supposed to be far away, but its so small, practically invisible to the eye at 5 mm. and it has those little fibers. the thing looks like it bites too.

creepy little bug. What a Face

edit x2... hmmm I wonder if they made a mistake on the size. 5 mm is big for a bug. I bet they meant micrometers.hhmmm

Last edited by Chrissy on 11/24/2013, 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correction, mm not mu)

5look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/24/2013, 9:54 pm

2seaoat

edit x2... hmmm I wonder if they made a mistake on the size. 5 mm is big for a bug. I bet they meant micrometers.hhmmm

hmmmmmm do they use metrics in the lab?

6look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/24/2013, 9:56 pm

2seaoat wrote:edit x2... hmmm I wonder if they made a mistake on the size. 5 mm is big for a bug. I bet they meant micrometers.hhmmm

hmmmmmm do they use metrics in the lab?
yes 5 millimeters is pretty big for a bug.

now 5 microns could be almost invisible

you have a problem with that?

7look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/24/2013, 9:59 pm

you didn't get me on the measurement, your just not invisioning the bug as small as I am. so instead of asking me my vision, you attack me,

your still fucking asshole

Last edited by Chrissy on 11/25/2013, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

8look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/24/2013, 10:13 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:I should have said microns, whoo hooo you got me. pat yourself on the back... you fucking asshole.

this is a god damn post about a fucking bug. and you have to start shit.

what an asshole

You are right Chrissy 5 mm is about right for an average bug

25.4 millimeters = inch

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 11/24/2013, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

9look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/24/2013, 10:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

It looks like a cool fishing lure.

10look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/24/2013, 10:18 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

a little smaller than a 1/4 inch

11look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 12:51 am

look at this crazy bug Z

Make it large enough and it would make a great alien in some Sci-Fi movie...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vBqAPuhoPs

Very Happy 

12look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 1:13 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It looks fake to me.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

13look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 1:23 am

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It looks fake to me.
Me too. Looks like someone painted it.

14look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 1:36 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Definitely a phoney !..

look at this crazy bug Obamab10

15look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 2:36 am

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Did they ever mention the name of the bug? Looked kind of cool to me.

16look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 2:43 am

Joanimaroni wrote:It looks like a cool fishing lure.
lol... that's exactly what I thght.

17look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 5:11 am

2seaoat

I know this bug is supposed to be far away, but its so small, practically invisible to the eye at 5 mm.

geez, I am a jerk for questioning the size of the bug. It most definitely is not invisible to the eye at 5mm, and that was my only point.

18look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 6:06 am

cool1

cool1

I bet it would be good for fishing!!!!

19look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 8:08 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:I should have said microns, whoo hooo you got me. pat yourself on the back... you fucking asshole.

this is a god damn post about a fucking bug. and you have to start shit.

what an asshole

You are right Chrissy 5 mm is about right for an average bug

25.4 millimeters = inch
I was right on my measurements and edited my walkback.

but the problem you all are having is I see this bug as being a smaller bug.

it reminds me of a flea, and a flea is around 2mm or one of those no see ums that are very tiny.

I don't want to get into a fucking pissing contest over centimeter, micrometer just because I have a vision of this bug as very small and wanted to establish a conversation outside the limits of what is. )possible morgellons)

we are not aloud to think in this place. its like if you post something it better be a god damn master piece or the boss wont like it. and you better not say anything thats not in print.

good damn thing im back to work today. im sick of yalls shit.

cant even talk about bugs around here. .

20look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 9:08 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

look at this crazy bug Il_170x135.342757505

Some people just have that effect, Chrissy.

Chill............and see ya later!

21look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 12:22 pm

The young planthopper’s crazy hair. Photograph by Trond Larsen. Troll-Haired Mystery Bug Found in Suriname. It may or may not be a new species, but this crazy-haired bug is an eye popper of a planthopper.

Trond Larsen was lucky enough to notice and photograph the tiny insect—about five millimeters long—during an international expedition of field biologists to the mountainous region of southeastern Suriname in 2012. (Related: “Remote Rain Forest Expedition Finds 60 New Species.”)

It was a quick trick done “with much difficulty, as they jump away very fast,” said Larsen, of Conservation International’s Rapid Assessment Program (RAP).

That’s also why Larsen wasn’t able to collect a specimen of the tufted bug, which is needed to compare it to other insects and figure out if it’s a known species.

Another thing that makes identification tough is that the planthopper was in the nymph stage of development, which means that it looks very different from adults.

Some insects undergo simple metamorphosis (sometimes called incomplete or gradual metamorphosis), meaning they molt into a slightly larger nymph and then finally into an adult with complete wings, according to Leeanne Alonso of the nonprofit Global Wildlife Conservation, who was also part of the expedition. Alonso noted that the young insect’s “wing buds” are visible in the photograph.

Paging Don King

As for that spectacular fountain of Don King plumage, the scientists say it’s a waxy secretion many planthoppers excrete from their abdomen, which may protect the bugs against predators and parasites.

You’d think something like that would attract, not distract. But predators of this insect would be very tiny, and grabbing those waxy tufts might be challenging—or the hairs might even break off, like a lizard’s tail, letting the insect live another day.

In addition to the odd planthopper, the scientists also found an incredible array of biodiversity in the Suriname rain forest, collecting data on 1,378 species. (See pictures of rain forests.)

“It’s one of my favorite places on Earth,” said Alonso, though she notes that gold mining is threatening the pristine nature of the area.

22look at this crazy bug Empty Re: look at this crazy bug 11/25/2013, 6:18 pm

I guess I look at such tiny shit all day I dont realize how small it really is anymore.

either way, this is one hellava cool bug.

Initially when I saw it I had this vision in my head that got side tracked with the comment.

I imagined this bug like the size of one of those no see ums, you know burrowing into your skin befoire you even seen the damn thing. and then injecting those tiny little hairs into you as it grew. Hence a possible cause to morgellons disease other than insanity which I think is what its atributed to now.

Its a fascinating bug for a TROLL. Wink 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum