Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WTH??

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WTH?? Empty WTH?? 11/24/2013, 8:14 pm

Sal

Sal

I was out and about this afternoon, and there were already people camped out in tents in front of Best Buy and Sam's Club for Black Friday. 

Who are these people, and what does this say about our society?

2WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/24/2013, 8:16 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

We like to camp out, Maybe ? give me a clue...

3WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/24/2013, 8:18 pm

2seaoat

It makes no sense. Assuming a hundred buck freebie, that is 48 hours plus for a hundred bucks. Poverty does strange things. I remember my mothers depression generation being really into shoes.......I never understood it, but women who were young girls during the depression seemed to have more shoes than what they needed. My wife has no shoe thing. Her mother, my mother, aunts, etc......had way too many shoes......maybe this generation which cannot find work.....it is electronics. There is nothing at Best Buy I cannot purchase next month or in January.

4WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/24/2013, 8:19 pm

that could be there job. camp out, draw attention and remove the few low priced items. Wink 

5WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/24/2013, 8:21 pm

2seaoat wrote:It makes no sense.  Assuming a hundred buck freebie, that is 48 hours plus for a hundred bucks.   Poverty does strange things.  I remember my mothers depression generation being really into shoes.......I never understood it, but women who were young girls during the depression seemed to have more shoes than what they needed.  My wife has no shoe thing.  Her mother, my mother, aunts, etc......had way too many shoes......maybe this generation which cannot find work.....it is electronics.   There is nothing at Best Buy I cannot purchase next month or in January.
wow your family was privileged, my parents said they got one pair of shoes a year and if they wore out, they would cut cardboard out and put in em.

6WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/24/2013, 8:22 pm

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:We like to camp out, Maybe ? give me a clue...
I dunno. 

Who has a whole week to camp out for shopping??

It's really a bizarre ritual. 

7WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/24/2013, 8:25 pm

2seaoat

I am referencing young girls who did without shoes in the 30s going on spending sprees as adults in the 60s -70s......and yes my grandfather was never laid off as a railroad engineer in Birmingham during the depression, but they did things differently.......they reduced his work days to two at the bottom, so nobody had to be laid off.......they raised chickens, had fruit trees, and a garden.......just did not have much money. The new make do is getting a free something.....at Best Buy on Black Friday.

8WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/24/2013, 8:27 pm

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:We like to camp out, Maybe ? give me a clue...
I dunno. 

Who has a whole week to camp out for shopping??

It's really a bizarre ritual. 
why don't you go over and ask them if they are republicans or democrats lol

9WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/24/2013, 10:01 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

No way in hell would I do that.

10WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/25/2013, 6:55 am

cool1

cool1

What you saw could be people up for Thanksgiving --Also they lined up for some new game box that came out--My neighbor was on the news as he was the first one in line for this game

The boy said well my momas poor and this is the first time I bought something for myself WTH---If is momas poor why didn't help her out --Anyway the same boy made two babies he don't take care of im sure the mother could have used diapers and food for Christmas WTH. Rolling Eyes 

11WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/25/2013, 7:00 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

cool1 wrote:What you saw could be people up for Thanksgiving --Also they lined up for some new game box that came out--My neighbor was on the news as he was the first one in line for this game

The boy said well my momas poor and this is the first time I bought something for myself WTH---If is momas poor why didn't help her out --Anyway the same boy made two babies he don't take care of im sure the mother could have used diapers and food for Christmas WTH.  Rolling Eyes 
Selfishness seems to be the way of some folks now days....makin babies and then buying yourself expensive toys while your kids do without is inexcusable.....sad land.

12WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/25/2013, 8:11 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
cool1 wrote:What you saw could be people up for Thanksgiving --Also they lined up for some new game box that came out--My neighbor was on the news as he was the first one in line for this game

The boy said well my momas poor and this is the first time I bought something for myself WTH---If is momas poor why didn't help her out --Anyway the same boy made two babies he don't take care of im sure the mother could have used diapers and food for Christmas WTH.  Rolling Eyes 
Selfishness seems to be the way of some folks now days....makin babies and then buying yourself expensive toys while your kids do without is inexcusable.....sad land.
im sure the kids had food stamps.

this is the world weve created. the give me nation.

13WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/25/2013, 8:14 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm glad they're camped out to get that stuff cheap. Because they'll eventually put it in garage sales and I can then buy it for less than what they paid for sales tax.

14WTH?? Empty Re: WTH?? 11/25/2013, 12:10 pm

Maybe they buy a couple of hot items for cheap then flip them and make a few dollars. If you dont have a job, anything helps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum