Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Men sue, alimony is unconstitutional and an anachronism...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.allgov.com/news/controversies/divorced-men-file-lawsuit-claiming-alimony-is-unconstitutional-131122?news=851726

Condemning alimony as “an historical anachronism…from an earlier legal era when the rights of women…were radically different than they are today,” four divorced men last week sued Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy for enforcing the state’s alimony law, which they say is “unconstitutionally vague.” Their complaint, filed in U.S. District Court, asks the court to declare that the relevant state statutes violate the 14th Amendment and to permanently enjoin the state from enforcing them.

Although the complaint takes note of national conditions when it states that “former spouses pay approximately $9 billion in alimony each year,” the lawsuit is specific to Connecticut and rests on two main propositions.

2seaoat

More women are now paying as they have entered the labor force with higher paying employment. The concept is fair, and software packages make this simply about math.

good for them.

im in favor of child support and I think its fair to divide up the assets at the time of divorce, but after that. you should be on your own.

2seaoat

So a young medical student marries. His wife works two jobs to help cover his tuition costs as he finishes medical school and begins practicing. Wife stays at home and raises four kids over 12 years and husband is now making 280k a year salary. Wife has spent the last 20 years of her life sacrificing for the family, and husband finds a trophy wife and asks for a divorce. Property is divided equally, but the difference in income potential is so great, wife is awarded maintenance in the amount of 5k a month, plus statutory child support. How would you change the award of maintenance or alimony?

2seaoat wrote:So a young medical student marries.  His wife works two jobs to help cover his tuition costs as he finishes medical school and begins practicing.   Wife stays at home and raises four kids over 12 years and husband is now making 280k a year salary.   Wife has spent the last 20 years of her life sacrificing for the family, and husband finds a trophy wife and asks for a divorce.   Property is divided equally, but the difference in income potential is so great, wife is awarded maintenance in the amount of 5k a month, plus statutory child support.  How would you change the award of maintenance or alimony?
I wouldn't, she has children and will now have to devote a great deal of her time alone raising them.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

She shouldn't have married an asshole...bad investment, better luck next time...gonna be hard to find a new man all old and wrinkly and with all those kids....Very Happy

TEOTWAWKI wrote:She shouldn't have married an asshole...bad investment, better luck next time...gonna be hard to find a new man all old and wrinkly and with all those kids....Very Happy
that's right, because ALL MEN are ASSHOLES.

she should of left her husband after conception of their second child, took have his stuff as I recommended and moved in with her hot lesbian lover .

Razz 

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PRE NUPS!!!!!

stormwatch89 wrote:
PRE NUPS!!!!!
LOL Stormy, notice Teo didn't come back after my last comment LMAO

This just goes to show you how fast a womans mind can change. Mines already changed just because of Teo's comment about all those children and no man will want her.

I am now in favor of "GOLD DIGGERS" Twisted Evil 

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

[quote="Chrissy"]
stormwatch89 wrote:
PRE NUPS!!!!!

This just goes to show you how fast a womans mind can change. Mines already changed just because of Teo's comment about all those children and no man will want her.

I am now in favor of "GOLD DIGGERS" Twisted Evil [/quote

Very Happy Very Happy 

What would really ruffle me old feathers is when people would ask what my ex did thinking I was one of those them gals.

stormwatch89 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
PRE NUPS!!!!!

I am now in favor of "GOLD DIGGERS" Twisted Evil [/quote

Very Happy Very Happy 

What would really ruffle me old feathers is when people would ask what my ex did thinking I was one of those them gals.
That's because we are old fashioned. and you know I feel the same way im just messing with teo... I can say the younger generation does not care, they wear that like a crown. its like "my x old man gave me this house", you go girl is the typical response these days.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

What would really ruffle me old feathers is when people would ask what my ex did thinking I was one of those them gals.[/quote][/quote]That's because we are old fashioned. and you know I feel the same way im just messing with teo... I can say the younger generation does not care, they wear that like a crown. its like "my x old man gave me this house", you go girl is the typical response these days. [/quote]
OLD FASHIONED??? Pshaw!

Self reliance can still be found in women and the younger generation, although it does seem to be diminishing in both sexes.

Is it awful that I'm not ashamed to show tears to get a flat changed?

stormwatch89 wrote:

That's because we are old fashioned. and you know I feel the same way im just messing with teo... I can say the younger generation does not care, they wear that like a crown. its like "my x old man gave me this house", you go girl is the typical response these days. [/quote]OLD FASHIONED???  Pshaw!

Self reliance can still be found in women and the younger generation, although it does seem to be diminishing in both sexes.

Is it awful that I'm not ashamed to show tears to get a flat changed?[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL.... tis true. I make these comments based on overall averages/perceptions( mine mostly Razz). There are ALWAYS exceptions to every rule.

You reminded me of something about those tears to get the tire changed. Wink 

There seems to be a trend in youth where the man stays at home and the woman works. Men seem to be becoming more effeminate.

I recently about crapped my pants when I saw my very manly hunting truck driving wears a john dear tractor hat sorta guy getting a pedicure at a salon.

Im stuck in the middle of old and new, no wonder im so confused LOL

Last edited by Chrissy on 11/24/2013, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mixed up quotes drive me crazy lol lets see how mixed up we can make em lol)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum