Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare....physicians will make up for the lower pay by seeing more patients

+2
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/11/20/209165/doctors-are-concerned-about-pay.html

WASHINGTON — Many doctors are disturbed that they’ll be paid less – often a lot less – to care for the millions of patients who are projected to buy coverage through the health law’s new insurance marketplaces.

Some have complained to medical associations – including those in Texas, California, Georgia, Connecticut and New York – saying the discounted rates could lead to a two-tiered system in which fewer doctors participate, perhaps making it harder for consumers to get the care they need.

“As it is, there is a shortage of primary care physicians in the country, and they don’t have enough time to see all the patients who are calling them,” said Peter Cunningham, a senior fellow at the nonpartisan Center for Studying Health System Change in Washington.

If providers are paid less, he said, “Are (enrollees) going to have difficulty getting physicians to accept them as patients?”

Insurance officials acknowledge that they have reduced rates in some plans, saying they are under enormous pressure to keep premiums affordable. They say physicians will make up for the lower pay by seeing more patients, since the plans tend to have smaller networks of doctors.

But many primary care doctors say they barely have time to take care of the patients they have now.

its ok, less time being seen, less attention paid to you and remember this goes all the way to the bottom. more work for everybody with less people. this is going on now.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:its ok, less time being seen, less attention paid to you and remember this goes all the way to the bottom. more work for everybody with less people. this is going on now.
More bureaucratic personnel and less medical has been the trend, it will get worse.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:its ok, less time being seen, less attention paid to you and remember this goes all the way to the bottom. more work for everybody with less people. this is going on now.
More bureaucratic personnel and less medical has been the trend, it will get worse.
. . . . being the proverbial optimist I will simply reply that it will get better and Americans will win in the end!Smile 

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
. . . . being the proverbial optimist I will simply reply that it will get better and Americans will win in the end!Smile 
yes, that's how the Japanese felt about that nuke. and see, all is well, they are fine.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
What will get better?

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Working for a major Healthcare organization for the last 8 years, I totally agree. Less net pay in my paycheck, increased workload, and fewer people and resources to deal with the workload. This is all a direct result of Obamacare according to the upper echelon. It's enough to drive an Imp to drink.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/11/20/209165/doctors-are-concerned-about-pay.html

WASHINGTON — Many doctors are disturbed that they’ll be paid less – often a lot less – to care for the millions of patients who are projected to buy coverage through the health law’s new insurance marketplaces.

Some have complained to medical associations – including those in Texas, California, Georgia, Connecticut and New York – saying the discounted rates could lead to a two-tiered system in which fewer doctors participate, perhaps making it harder for consumers to get the care they need.

“As it is, there is a shortage of primary care physicians in the country, and they don’t have enough time to see all the patients who are calling them,” said Peter Cunningham, a senior fellow at the nonpartisan Center for Studying Health System Change in Washington.

If providers are paid less, he said, “Are (enrollees) going to have difficulty getting physicians to accept them as patients?”

Insurance officials acknowledge that they have reduced rates in some plans, saying they are under enormous pressure to keep premiums affordable. They say physicians will make up for the lower pay by seeing more patients, since the plans tend to have smaller networks of doctors.

But many primary care doctors say they barely have time to take care of the patients they have now.
Nope, docs are now using a thing called MDVIP and seeing less patients while ensuring themselves of fees in advance of what insurance companies are paying.

My current doc wants 1650 per year in advance of any services for said calendar year and is dropping his patient load to just 500. He's gonna get 800+k before one appointment is rendered on top of the money he makes from insurance as well.

Those who can't afford it, will be left out in the cold with substandard service...if you can even get it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Working for a major Healthcare organization for the last 8 years, I totally agree.  Less net pay in my paycheck, increased workload, and fewer people and resources to deal with the workload.  This is all a direct result of Obamacare according to the upper echelon.  It's enough to drive an Imp to drink.
Knothead seems to think it will get better. Once staffing has been reduced, increased staffing is not a option. Medical personnel do a great job of working harder and longer to care for their patients.

knothead

knothead

Nope, docs are now using a thing called MDVIP and seeing less patients while ensuring themselves of fees in advance of what insurance companies are paying.

Change that to a very few docs as most would not even consider doing such a thing. This is a business decision and suits those docs with established practices and who are on a retirement trajectory. For the docs it will be a windfall but for the long term the model has fatal flaws. It is taking advantage of the moment but it will initially make them some very easy money.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Joanimaroni wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Working for a major Healthcare organization for the last 8 years, I totally agree.  Less net pay in my paycheck, increased workload, and fewer people and resources to deal with the workload.  This is all a direct result of Obamacare according to the upper echelon.  It's enough to drive an Imp to drink.
Knothead seems to think it will get better. Once staffing has been reduced, increased staffing is not a option. Medical personnel do a great job of working harder and longer to care for their patients.
Well, you know what they say... Ignorance is bliss. Unfortunately, I'm in the know. I work on the corporate IT side of Healthcare and the Impette works as a nurse, so I have first hand experience/knowledge from both ends of the spectrum.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Well, you know what they say...  Ignorance is bliss.  Unfortunately, I'm in the know.  I work on the corporate IT side of Healthcare and the Impette works as a nurse, so I have first hand experience/knowledge from both ends of the spectrum.
Then you both know once the staffing is decreased...it will never be back to the optimum level. Hospitals have a way of adjusting the patient/nurse ratio.

Yella

Yella

I still believe that one of the factors that create high hospital bills is the Unbelievable salaries that the executive are getting. Even here in Podunk City the CEO"s of Sacred and Baptist are paying themselves $18,000 dollars a WEEK! That is obscene.

Human greed has no limits.

I expect any day to open the newspaper and see where a former patient of the husband of one goes berserk in a hospital somewhere and shoots up the executive wing to Hell and gone.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Joanimaroni wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Well, you know what they say...  Ignorance is bliss.  Unfortunately, I'm in the know.  I work on the corporate IT side of Healthcare and the Impette works as a nurse, so I have first hand experience/knowledge from both ends of the spectrum.
Then you both know once the staffing is decreased...it will never be back to the optimum level. Hospitals have a way of adjusting the patient/nurse ratio.
of course. and when production becomes more important than outcomes, well as it is being dictated now, we know what those results are too, don't we.

its funny though to see these people who hate the wealthy so much they will toss a entire working class out the door just to get ONE at the top. all the while laws like frank dodd and QE are making bankers and wallstreet rich beyond belief.

I'll post this again for the hell of it... just a little glimpse into the role our govt plays with our money.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303985504579205743008770218?tesla=y

Buried deep in the Department of Health and Human Services' press release that accompanied the president's Nov. 14 speech was this sentence: "Though this transitional policy was not anticipated by health insurance issuers when setting rates for 2014, the risk corridor program should help ameliorate unanticipated changes in premium revenue. We intend to explore ways to modify the risk corridor program final rules to provide additional assistance."

Risk corridors are generally used to mitigate an insurer's pricing risk. Under ObamaCare, risk corridors were established for the law's first three years as a safety-net for insurers who experience financial losses. While risk corridors can protect taxpayers when they are budget-neutral, ObamaCare's risk corridors are designed in such an open-ended manner that the president's action now exposes taxpayers to a bailout of the health-insurance industry if and when the law fails.

Subsequent regulatory rulings have made clear that the administration views this risk-corridor authority as a blank check, requiring no further consultation or approval by Congress. A final rule handed down in March by HHS and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services states: "Regardless of the balance of payments and receipts, HHS will remit payments as required under section 1342 of the Affordable Care Act."

Chrissy wrote:...It's funny though to see these people who hate the wealthy so much they will toss a entire working class out the door just to get ONE at the top. all the while laws like frank dodd and QE are making bankers and wallstreet rich beyond belief.
Obamacare....physicians will make up for the lower pay by seeing more patients 2Q==

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klKCeFDnDiI

Cool 

Markle

Markle

Yella wrote:I still believe that one of the factors that create high hospital bills is the Unbelievable salaries that the executive are getting. Even here in Podunk City the CEO"s of Sacred and Baptist are paying themselves $18,000 dollars a WEEK! That is obscene.

Human greed has no limits.

I expect any day to open the newspaper and see where a former patient of the husband of one goes berserk in a hospital somewhere and shoots up the executive wing to Hell and gone.

Just think, if you had the education and experience you too could have a job paying $18,000. per week.  How is that obscene?  You certainly could not do the job and you have seen the result of putting someone in a position for which they have no experience.  The most complex thing President Barack Hussein Obama had ever run was an ACORN meeting.  He had many theories which had been pumped into him since his time with a famous Communist as his mentor as a child until he went to college.

I am glad though that you have indicated we should radically lower or drop the minimum wage altogether.  Happy to see you come around.

knothead wrote:Nope, docs are now using a thing called MDVIP and seeing less patients while ensuring themselves of fees in advance of what insurance companies are paying.

Change that to a very few docs as most would not even consider doing such a thing.  This is a business decision and suits those docs with established practices and who are on a retirement trajectory.  For the docs it will be a windfall but for the long term the model has fatal flaws.  It is taking advantage of the moment but it will initially make them some very easy money.
Retirement trajectory or not, he's tired of the regulations, red tape, and limits on what insurance companies are paying him. On top of that with 500 patients you can get an appointment anytime needed. It also includes a ful service preventative medicine routine as well. I may do it at next year if he lets me not have to pay for first part of year due to going back on orders in January-May.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum