Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A sip of soda: How soft drinks impact your health

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://buzz.naturalnews.com/000317-soda-soft_drinks-nutrition.html

A sip of soda: How soft drinks impact your health Images10

It should be outlawed but I doubt their lawyers would let it happen..
Can you find a chart like that showing the ill effects of a natural herb like Mary Jane?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

How many people die or get hurt on roads everyday. We should outlaw driving.

ghandi wrote:How many people die or get hurt on roads everyday. We should outlaw driving.
We should put careless/distracted driving on the same level as DUI and it would help a lot. This "It was an accident" shit just doesn't cut it.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

We should outlaw teenagers, anyone over 60, and people who make less than $40K a year from driving.

Teenagers and anyone over 60 don't have the mental ability to pay attention while driving and anyone making under $40K a year probably doesn't have or can't afford the proper insurance on their 1982 station wagon. We're better off without all of them.

And don't get me started on the chinese behind the wheel.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Whatever wrote:http://buzz.naturalnews.com/000317-soda-soft_drinks-nutrition.html

A sip of soda: How soft drinks impact your health Images10

I heard that child molestors use soda and candy to attract children. Lets ask threadbear. Is this true?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I used to drink one or two cans of Coca-Cola per day. I don't drink coffee, so this was my caffeine source. My wife has had me on the wagon for the past 4 years now and I am lucky if I get one Coke per week. It sure tastes good, however, when I can have one.

I mostly just drink water now--at least 40 ounces per day for regularity.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Lurch wrote:
ghandi wrote:How many people die or get hurt on roads everyday. We should outlaw driving.
We should put careless/distracted driving on the same level as DUI and it would help a lot. This "It was an accident" shit just doesn't cut it.

I agree. A driver who crashes and kills someone because they were distracted by talking on a cell phone or texting should go to prison.

I try not to buy soda. I drink a lot of tea. I admit, at work sometimes I get suicked into soda because I despise canned or bottle tea, and water just doesnt give me the carb rush I need when Im reaching for one of those.

I dont however think we need to have some gov regulation put on soda.

crap. what are we going to try to do, regulate every freaking thing thats a little bad for us? We wouldnt have much left but maybe some of that martian head lettuce.

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

We weren't allowed much soda when I was growing up and I never acquired a taste for it. My husband is addicted to diet Coke. I got one of those Soda Stream soda makers and its cut back on the amount he drinks, because it's not that handy. He still drinks over two liters a day. He likes the taste of it and we can get the CO2 cartridges refilled. And we don't have to deal with empty cans and plastic bottles.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Granny4Peace wrote:We weren't allowed much soda when I was growing up and I never acquired a taste for it. My husband is addicted to diet Coke. I got one of those Soda Stream soda makers and its cut back on the amount he drinks, because it's not that handy. He still drinks over two liters a day. He likes the taste of it and we can get the CO2 cartridges refilled. And we don't have to deal with empty cans and plastic bottles.

Over 2 liters a day? That is a lot of soda; and a lot of exposure to Aspartame/Nutrasweet. My body reacts very badly to that artificial sweetener--that stuff is way more poisonous than sugar.

*Secret_Angel* wrote:I try not to buy soda. I drink a lot of tea. I admit, at work sometimes I get suicked into soda because I despise canned or bottle tea, and water just doesnt give me the carb rush I need when Im reaching for one of those.

I dont however think we need to have some gov regulation put on soda.

crap. what are we going to try to do, regulate every freaking thing thats a little bad for us? We wouldnt have much left but maybe some of that martian head lettuce.

I happen to be somewhat of a connisieur of tea and did not like bottled tea very much until recently. I bought a bottle of Turkey Hill Iced Tea and it is the best I have ever tasted outside of homemade. If you can find it in your area you may want to try it.

Here is their website. You can click on the link "Where To Buy" at the top of the page and type in your zip code to locate stores that sell it.

http://www.turkeyhill.com/products/iced-tea.aspx

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Granny4Peace wrote:We weren't allowed much soda when I was growing up and I never acquired a taste for it. My husband is addicted to diet Coke. I got one of those Soda Stream soda makers and its cut back on the amount he drinks, because it's not that handy. He still drinks over two liters a day. He likes the taste of it and we can get the CO2 cartridges refilled. And we don't have to deal with empty cans and plastic bottles.

Over 2 liters a day? That is a lot of soda; and a lot of exposure to Aspartame/Nutrasweet. My body reacts very badly to that artificial sweetener--that stuff is way more poisonous than sugar.

I know Z. he really is addicted. At least the Soda Stream doesn't use aspartame, but Splenda, which I understand isn't as harmful. It's one of the reasons i bought the system. I won't allow my grandkids to have anything with aspartame in it at my house.

Granny4Peace wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I know Z. he really is addicted. At least the Soda Stream doesn't use aspartame, but Splenda, which I understand isn't as harmful. It's one of the reasons i bought the system. I won't allow my grandkids to have anything with aspartame in it at my house.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/12/03/sucralose-dangers.aspx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum