Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Businesses cut full time workers to meet Obamacare mandates

+3
bizguy
Sal
Nekochan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2013/1113/Businesses-cut-full-time-workers-to-meet-Obamacare-mandate-study-says

Although the provision won’t be enforced until 2015, some employers with 40 to 500 workers have already started adjusting for the new landscape, the survey byPublic Opinion Strategies found:

• Some 31 percent of franchise businesses and 12 percent of non-franchise businesses say they have already reduced worker hours because of the law.
  • About 27 percent of franchise businesses and 12 percent of non-franchise businesses have already replaced full-time workers with part-time employees because of the law.
  • Some 41 percent of the non-franchise firms say they already see health-care costs rising because of the law. 
  • As the franchise firms look toward the future, 28 percent of them say they’ll stop offering health coverage in 2015 because of the law. One-third of franchise businesses already do not offer health insurance.

Imagine if the law had been applied as it was written to initiate the employer mandate on Jan 1.

I still wonder why nobody cares that a benefit that has been a part of an employees compensation will simply disappear.

Who wins?

Nekochan

Nekochan

PkrBum wrote:Imagine if the law had been applied as it was written to initiate the employer mandate on Jan 1.

I still wonder why nobody cares that a benefit that has been a part of an employees compensation will simply disappear.

Who wins?
Wages are already stagnant.  For a lot of employees, this amounts to a reduction in pay coupled with no health insurance.

So they can pAy that fine and what many Americans depend upon as income, their tax refunds will now go
To pay for their obamacare fine

This hits hard at all middle and lower income Americans. So much for that family vacation this next year, gotta pay tribute to the Marxist in the WH

Sal

Sal

Well, the correct response to this sort of news is obviously to blame Obama, and probably kick some poorz in the teeth for good measure.

It would be downright discourteous to blame the greedy louts who actually make these decisions, and who've been fucking over the American workers for three decades.

We can't have that.

Carry that water, rubes.

bizguy

Sal wrote:Well, the correct response to this sort of news is obviously to blame Obama, and probably kick some poorz in the teeth for good measure.

It would be downright discourteous to blame the greedy louts who actually make these decisions, and who've been fucking over the American workers for three decades.

We can't have that.

Carry that water, rubes.
Have you ever had to meet a payroll or turn a profit in your own business?

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:Imagine if the law had been applied as it was written to initiate the employer mandate on Jan 1.

Who wins?
BIG Government!

Markle

Markle

Nekochan wrote:

Who wins?
Wages are already stagnant.  For a lot of employees, this amounts to a reduction in pay coupled with no health insurance.
It has been dropping steadily for three years.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Well, the correct response to this sort of news is obviously to blame Obama, and probably kick some poorz in the teeth for good measure.

We can't have that.

Carry that water, rubes.
Exactly who has been f***ing over American workers for three decades? How is it that our economy, health care and dozens of other things did so well for all those years?

MILLIONS of people are losing the health insurance THEY say they liked and wanted to keep.

The only one f***ing over anyone in America is President Barack Hussein Obama. He has created massive chaos and is now trying desperately to back pedal himself out of the mess HE created. GOOD LUCK!

cool1

cool1

Obama cant fix something that was broken to begin with.  I think he is a puppet , some give advice and he ran with it , Now the ones that helped passed this mess are running away from it. Shocked

dumpcare

cool1 wrote:Obama cant fix something that was broken to begin with.  I think he is a puppet , some give advice and he ran with it , Now the ones that helped passed this mess are running away from it. Shocked
All President's are puppet's and will remain so with our system of government.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yesterday, with the help of ppaca, for the very first time in my life I was able to get real health insurance which actually pays something toward my health care. Obamacare.
lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:Yesterday, with the help of ppaca, for the very first time in my life I was able to get real health insurance which actually pays something toward my health care. Obamacare.
lol
I'm glad for you.  You'll have this for one month, until your Medicare kicks in?

Does it cover maternity?Razz

dumpcare

Yep, he got maternity and just in time before his due date. lol! lol! lol! lol! Oh shit Bob I forgot to explain your maternity benefits.

dumpcare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyPvfEVS5R4

Nekochan

Nekochan

ppaca wrote:Yep, he got maternity and just in time before his due date. lol! lol! lol! lol! Oh shit Bob I forgot to explain your maternity benefits.
Well thank God, because his Medicare probably won't cover child birth?  Shocked

dumpcare

You know I think Medicare would have to, there are a lot of people under 65 on disability and on Medicare that can get pregnant. The only thing I have ever seen Medicare doesn't cover is experimental or out of country or questionable procedures.

Nekochan

Nekochan

ppaca wrote:You know I think Medicare would have to, there are a lot of people under 65 on disability and on Medicare that can get pregnant. The only thing I have ever seen Medicare doesn't cover is experimental or out of country or questionable procedures.
Well, that's interesting.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It'll be just my luck that those evil rethuglicans kill obamacare before they go home for christmas taking away my christmas present.  And  I'll be stuck with the best health care in the world for another month.  lol

Bob wrote:It'll be just my luck that those evil rethuglicans kill obamacare before they go home for christmas taking away my christmas present.  And  I'll be stuck with the best health care in the world for another month.  lol
yes bob, because we all know that insurance and healthcare are the same thing LOL Rolling Eyes 

cool1

cool1

Nekochan wrote:
Bob wrote:Yesterday, with the help of ppaca, for the very first time in my life I was able to get real health insurance which actually pays something toward my health care. Obamacare.
lol
I'm glad for you.  You'll have this for one month, until your Medicare kicks in?

Does it cover maternity?Razz

Rolling Eyes -----------------Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum