Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CNN Throws In the Towel; Moves Away from News

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Looks like a branch of the White House Press Office is going to be doing travelogues and other major events.

by John Nolte 8 Nov 2013, 8:25 AM PDT

CNN appears to be throwing in the towel, at least when it comes to being a cable news channel. With its ratings and reputation sinking, CNN announced Friday that the third-place network will be investing heavily in everything except serious news-gathering. This new focus will be towards "a variety of unscripted formats, including other travel shows, and 'immersive' nonfiction programs." This also includes documentary films like "Blackfish."

CNN still says that its "bread and butter" will always be breaking news. But it is in that arena that the network has been hit hardest. Once upon at time, even when Fox News dominated in the ratings, CNN would still come in first when big news broke. America was still turning to CNN when it mattered.

Today, Fox News not only dominates the everyday ratings but retains that domination during big news events, such as the Boston Marathon bombing and this week's off-year elections. Moreover, during big news, CNN is now losing to low-rated MSNBC.

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/08/CNN-Throws-In-Towel-moves-away-from-news

http://capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2013/11/8535701/cnn-spending-spree-rebuild-channel-zucker-gets-multi-year-runway-growt

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Looks like a branch of the White House Press Office is going to be doing travelogues and other major events.

by John Nolte  8 Nov 2013, 8:25 AM PDT

CNN appears to be throwing in the towel, at least when it comes to being a cable news channel. With its ratings and reputation sinking, CNN announced Friday that the third-place network will be investing heavily in everything except serious news-gathering. This new focus will be towards "a variety of unscripted formats, including other travel shows, and 'immersive' nonfiction programs." This also includes documentary films like "Blackfish."

CNN still says that its "bread and butter" will always be breaking news. But it is in that arena that the network has been hit hardest. Once upon at time, even when Fox News dominated in the ratings, CNN would still come in first when big news broke. America was still turning to CNN when it mattered.

Today, Fox News not only dominates the everyday ratings but retains that domination during big news events, such as the Boston Marathon bombing and this week's off-year elections. Moreover, during big news, CNN is now losing to low-rated MSNBC.

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/08/CNN-Throws-In-Towel-moves-away-from-news

http://capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2013/11/8535701/cnn-spending-spree-rebuild-channel-zucker-gets-multi-year-runway-growt
Markle, you are both funny and depressing at the same time. I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:Looks like a branch of the White House Press Office is going to be doing travelogues and other major events.

by John Nolte  8 Nov 2013, 8:25 AM PDT

Markle, you are both funny and depressing at the same time.  I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.  
Most likely crying. Truth is hard to accept after you've been defending President Barack Hussein Obama as some sort of Messiah and then even the President himself abandons you and starts to apologize after screw up after screw up, he just finally apologizes for SOMETHING...sort of....

Nekochan

Nekochan

He said  that the health care rollout burned HIM...just a little slip of the tongue.

He'a responsible hate it for him.

Markle

Markle

Nekochan wrote:He said  that the health care rollout burned HIM...just a little slip of the tongue.
I saw that and his feeble attempt at a recovery. It isn't MILLIONS of Americans getting burned by ObamaCare...HE was burned. The scope of his arrogance is almost incomprehensible.

They only moved away from news after their credibility did.

8CNN Throws In the Towel; Moves Away from News Empty a simple explanation.... 11/12/2013, 3:49 pm

A simple explanation for you , Mr. Markle.
Most progressives do not watch much TV. We read most of our news, or we listen to NPR. Almost all conservatives watch TV for everything. Almost all conservatives watch Faux News, because Faux News tells you what you want to hear and I can summarize in three sentences:
1. Your life sucks.
2. This country is going straight to hell.
3. This is entirely the fault of the black guy in the white house.

Thanks for being open minded.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:He said  that the health care rollout burned HIM...just a little slip of the tongue.
Razz 

2seaoat

I used to watch CNN for news breaks. However, Lou Dobbs when he was with them turned me off to CNN. I seldom watch it. Fox and CNBC are my two sources of news.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum