Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible Dog Poisonings in Santa Rosa County

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

http://www.pnj.com/article/20131107/NEWS11/131107007/Santa-Rosa-deputies-investigating-possible-dog-poisonings

Evil or Very Mad 

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s office is investigating reports that someone may be poisoning Pace pets with toxic hot dogs.

A resident of the 5100 block of Rowe Trial contacted deputies after two of her dogs died of a mysterious illness, according to Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Rich Aloy. The home-owner reported finding partially eaten hot dogs scattered in the back yard.

Investigators spoke to several residents of the neighborhood, and another person resident reported taking their dogs to the vet after finding nauseous pups and mysterious franks on the property.

Aloy said that one of the hot dogs has been recovered for testing, and that the lab results were pending.

“It’s very unusual,” Aloy said. “Santa Rosa loves our animals, so It’s strange to see something like this happening.”

Dr. Amy Harper, a veterinarian at the Ark Animal Hospital in Pace, said antifreeze and rat poison are commonly used substances to poison animals.

Dogs that consume antifreeze, she said, usually become lethargic, unsteady on their feet and increase water consumption and urination. Vomiting is also a common sign.

Rat poison usually caused lethargy, pale gums, bruising in the groin area and nasal or rectal bleeding, she said.

Harper urged anyone who suspected their dog to be poisoned to take them to an animal clinic to have the pet’s blood and urine tested.

“Most of the time what people notice is that their dog just doesn’t seem to act right,” she said. “The earlier you act, the better the possibility of recovery is. But both of those are very serious, especially the antifreeze.”

The Sheriff’s investigators are asking anyone with information about the possible poisonings to contact the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office at 983-1100 or Crime Stoppers at 433-STOP.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Umpteen years ago when I worked nights, my neighbors dog would come into my yard and bark most of the day. Very annoying..it is difficult enough to sleep during the day without a dog barking. The neighbors were of no help so, I fixed the dog a meatball every morning with phenobarbital in it. He and I slept like babies all day.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:Umpteen years ago when I worked nights, my neighbors dog would come into my yard and bark most of the day. Very annoying..it is difficult enough to sleep during the day without a dog barking. The neighbors were of no help so, I fixed the dog a meatball every morning with phenobarbital in it. He and I slept like babies all day.
Very very clever I must say . . . . lol

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Bad Joani!Very Happy 

Although I was known for giving my girls Dramamine on occasion.Embarassed Embarassed 

I laugh at them saying SR is an animal loving county. While in general, it probably is, they must not be familiar with VIlla Venyce.

Some person or persons threw poisoned ham bones over my fence several times to the point where I put up security cameras.

That was NOT an animal friendly neighborhood. Someone even complained about the birds being too loud there.........geez.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

stormwatch89 wrote:Bad Joani!Very Happy 

Although I was known for giving my girls Dramamine on occasion.Embarassed Embarassed 

I laugh at them saying SR is an animal loving county.  While in general, it probably is, they must not be familiar with VIlla Venyce.

Some person or persons threw poisoned ham bones over my fence several times to the point where I put up security cameras.

That was NOT an animal friendly neighborhood.  Someone even complained about the birds being too loud there.........geez.
The dog wasn't a bad dog....he slept in the bushes under my bedroom window. He barked every time there was movement on the street. I just helped him sleep soundly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum