Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gun Nutz Are Ascaird of Deh Blahs

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gun Nutz Are Ascaird of Deh Blahs Empty Gun Nutz Are Ascaird of Deh Blahs 11/5/2013, 11:52 am

Sal

Sal

Shocking!

Gun Nutz Are Ascaird of Deh Blahs Shocked-will-smith

A research team led by Kerry O'Brien of Monash University in Australia reports a high score on a common measure of racial resentment increases the odds that a person will (a) have a gun in the house, and (b) be opposed to gun control. This holds true even after other "explanatory variables," including political party affiliation, are taken into account. "The statistics on firearm-related suicides and homicides in the U.S. might reasonably be expected to convince U.S. citizens that action on reducing gun ownership and use would be beneficial to their health," the researchers write in the online journal PLOS One. "Yet, U.S. whites oppose strong gun reform more than all other racial groups, despite a much greater likelihood that whites will kill themselves with their own guns (suicide) than be killed by someone else." They conclude that these "paradoxical attitudes" among American whites-who oppose measures that would reduce their own risk of violent death-can be explained in part by "anti-black prejudice." O'Brien and his colleagues analyzed data from several waves of the American National Election Studies, large-scale surveys that take place during federal election years. The sample of voters skewed slightly conservative: "Just over half (52 percent) of the sample had a gun in the home, 66 percent opposed bans on handguns in the home, and 52 percent reported support for permits to carry a concealed handgun."

http://www.psmag.com/blogs/news-blog/study-links-white-racism-opposition-gun-control-69381/

Nekochan

Nekochan

Aussies know so much about our Constitution.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Aussies know so much about our Constitution.
This study has nothing to do with the Constitution.

They are simply citing sets of correlative data that should surprise absolutely no one.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The first thing I saw when I clicked on your link was:  We the people..

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:The first thing I saw when I clicked on your link was:  We the people..
Slightly out of context use of stock photography aside, do you take issue with the findings of the study?

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:The first thing I saw when I clicked on your link was:  We the people..
Slightly out of context use of stock photography aside, do you take issue with the findings of the study?
I take issue with most studies. Any study can be skewed, either intentionally or unintentionally, to produce the desired result of the one initiating the study.

And, why are you posting the same type of bullshit you blame the right wingers for?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
I don't know enough about the study.   
Do you not support the right of law abiding Americans to have a gun in their home?

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Do you not support the right of law abiding Americans to have a gun in their home?
Again ...

... not a commentary on the Second Amendment.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.bristolblog.com/facts_racism.htm

The KKK is a joke and embarrassment to any white person out there. Make no mistake, I renounce this group of idiots in total. That aside, do they have a point that whites are having their rights violated? On that point they are spot on.

White liberals in particular are the biggest racists out there that exploit this issue for their political gain. A lot of problems in minority communities is the result of family breakdown (they are responsible for that) and destructive economic policies often favored by the affluent at the expense of all poor people regardless of race.

My concern here is poor and working class whites in Appalachia where family breakdown and unwed mothers are causing many of the same problems as blacks, except for the violent crime levels. But let me be clear whites owe blacks and other members of the various "victim" classes liberals have concocted absolutely nothing.

These events occurred before most of us were even born and that is countered by the violent crime and social welfare costs they inflict on the general society anyway. While politicians won't address the fact, whites are by far the main victims today of minority violence and institutional discrimination.

If a stupid black girl drops out of school and pops three children by different daddies by age 18, that is her fault. When a gang of 10 people, mostly blacks executed two men at a Kingsport candle shop in 2005, what the heck does that have to do with slavery? Leftists/liberals have a mental disorder in that they can't seem to use reason when dealing with these issues.

Political correctness is simply a tool used by affluent white Leftists to evade real issues they don't want to deal with.
Simply because there's some 'racial disparity" it's seldom anything to do with racism, but underlying problems within the minority community itself.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

in particular black males, commit over half of all the violent crime in Virginia. (Black males are 10 percent of the population.)

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.bristolblog.com/facts_racism.htm

The KKK is a joke and embarrassment to any white person out there. Make no mistake, I renounce this group of idiots in total. That aside, do they have a point that whites are having their rights violated? On that point they are spot on.

White liberals in particular are the biggest racists out there that exploit this issue for their political gain. A lot of problems in minority communities is the result of family breakdown (they are responsible for that) and destructive economic policies often favored by the affluent at the expense of all poor people regardless of race.

My concern here is poor and working class whites in Appalachia where family breakdown and unwed mothers are causing many of the same problems as blacks, except for the violent crime levels. But let me be clear whites owe blacks and other members of the various "victim" classes liberals have concocted absolutely nothing.

These events occurred before most of us were even born and that is countered by the violent crime and social welfare costs they inflict on the general society anyway. While politicians won't address the fact, whites are by far the main victims today of minority violence and institutional discrimination.

If a stupid black girl drops out of school and pops three children by different daddies by age 18, that is her fault. When a gang of 10 people, mostly blacks executed two men at a Kingsport candle shop in 2005, what the heck does that have to do with slavery? Leftists/liberals have a mental disorder in that they can't seem to use reason when dealing with these issues.

Political correctness is simply a tool used by affluent white Leftists to evade real issues they don't want to deal with.
Simply because there's some 'racial disparity" it's seldom anything to do with racism, but underlying problems within the minority community itself.
TRANSLATION:

"I'm not a racist, but ..."

lmao

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.bristolblog.com/facts_racism.htm

TRANSLATION:

lmao
No you are far worse than a racist, you are a race-baiter, you divide instigate and watch the fight from a safe distance...

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
No you are far worse than a racist, you are a race-baiter, you divide instigate and watch the fight from a safe distance...
Posting a study that shows that one of the factors driving people's attitudes regarding gun ownership is racism, is neither "race-baiting" nor "racist".

It simply confirms what should've been a foregone conclusion.

The article you posted suggesting that black people are inherently more violent due to nothing more than the melanin levels in their skin is "racist".

Words have meanings.

2seaoat

TRANSLATION:

It has become comical as he is even using his sock on the same threads. Four more nazi threads today.....and look at the links.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Posting a study that shows that one of the factors driving people's attitudes regarding gun ownership is racism, is neither "race-baiting" nor "racist".

It simply confirms what should've been a foregone conclusion.

The article you posted suggesting that black people are inherently more violent due to nothing more than the melanin levels in their skin is "racist".

Words have meanings.

I drew no such conclusion as to why the stats show black violence is disproportionate to general population. Skin is something you can't help criminal behavior is something you can. The two don't have correlate .

This is similar perhaps to your hate speech. Because we tell blacks over and over they commit crime they do...your theory not mine.

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Aussies know so much about our Constitution.
This study has nothing to do with the Constitution.

They are simply citing sets of correlative data that should surprise absolutely no one.

So how do you explain all the blacks with guns since we are throwing whites under the bus tonight? And how do you explain Chicago, a gun free zone, having so many black on black gunshot crimes?

Sal

Sal

Poverty, desperation, and proliferation of fire arms. 

Damn, that was easy. 

Any other softballs?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum