Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The President said in 2009 the ACA would not extend to employers and individual policies

+2
Nekochan
VectorMan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Read it and weep republican liars. He said it to Diane Sawyer.

During a June 23, 2009 press conference, President Obama made a very specific promise about what would become the Affordable Care Act the following March. "When I say if you have your plan and you like it," Obama explained, "what I'm saying is the government is not going to make you change plans under health reform." (Emphasis mine.] As the President emphasized to ABC News' Diane Sawyer the following day, his pledge did not extend to employers and private insurers for a very good reason:

"I can guarantee you that there's the possibility for a whole lot of Americans out there that they're not going to end up having the same health care they have," he said Tuesday. "Because what's going to happen is, as costs keep on going up, employers are going to start making decisions: 'We've got to raise premiums on our employees. In some cases, we can't provide health insurance at all'"...
"That's the case whether we pass health care or not. The fact is that right now, all across the country, people are losing their health care. Every day," he said.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/24/1250325/-Your-health-plan-changing-Employers-insurers-largely-to-blame

This si exactly what the President said to diane sawyer so you people who have been calling him a liar need to eat your words.

SAWYER: --you'll keep your doctor period. If you like your--

OBAMA: Right.

SAWYER: --health plan, you'll keep your health plan period. Yet, I thought today in the press conference I heard you amend it to say, "If your employer decides to change it, we don't have control over that." So--

OBAMA: Whoa, whoa, whoa. But, of course, there-- I mean, that's-- that's the case whether we pass health care or not. I mean, the-- look, the-- the-- the fact is that right now, all across the country, people are losing their health care. Every day. You-- you can travel-- into Washington, D.C. And you'll find somebody on the street whose employer just dropped them from health care. Or who has decided to increase their deductibles. Or increase their premiums.

So, those choices are being-- made by employers constantly, right? I can't pass a law that says, "I'm sorry, employers, you can never make changes to the health care plans that you provide your employees." What I can say is that the government is not going force you to-- your employer or you to join a government plan, for example. If you're happy with it, and your employer's happy with it, keep it.

If your employer is not providing you the health care that you need, then we're going give you a set of options to make sure that you continue to have health care. And I think that is the kind of commitment that-- the American People expect-- and, you know, it-- and I think is achievable, as long as we stay focused on driving down costs, as well as expanding coverage

VectorMan

VectorMan

What about one of your liberal talking heads? Would you believe him if he said Obama lied? Probably not, but here is what Bill Maher had to say about Obama and ObamaCare.

Maher: Sure Obama Lied But He Had to or ObamaCare Might Not Have Passed

I’ve always said that it takes a lot of rationalizations to be a liberal these days.

Take for example HBO’s Bill Maher who told CNN’s Piers Morgan Tuesday that the President had to lie about people keeping their health insurance plans or else ObamaCare mightn’t have passed (video follows with transcript and commentary):

BILL MAHER: It sure is hard if you're a politician, not that I'm really that sympathetic to them, to try to get information into people's heads. I don't think Obama should have lied to people.
PIERS MORGAN, HOST: It was a lie, wasn’t it?
MAHER: Well, hold on. First of all, insurance companies are always dropping people from their plans. This goes on, this went on before ObamaCare went on, after ObamaCare. We’re losing a lot of perspective here. But, yeah, he probably should have not been so blatant about saying you iron clad guarantee.
On the other hand, since he got no Republican votes and no Republican help, and since three years after it’s a law they’re still fighting it, can you imagine what it would be like if he said, “Yeah, some people your rates are going to up.” I mean, he, the thing passed by this much. If they said that, they might have lost the whole thing. And politicians are always making compromises like that.

Can you imagine Maher accepting a Republican president lying to get a major piece of legislation passed?

Of course not, but this is the jaded world he lives in now - always protecting his hero.

Joe Scarborough Finally Admits Obama Lied About ObamaCare

Then have a look at Obama's approval rating right now. LOL Things aren't going very well for the slack jawed boob.

Will you eat your words now? I didn't think so. But, you keep on carrying water for Obama. Maybe you can make some kool-aid with it. LOL

Can you not read the transcripts of what Obama said. I mean even you can read. Bill Mahr can say all he wants but he wouldn't be shoveling facts. Obama did not lie about the insurance. Now did he know they would go to this extreme to cancel these policies. I don't think so but the proof is right there and you can keep sniveling about the liberals while the repugs keep putting their foot up your ass. How smart are you? LOL!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:This si exactly what the President said to diane sawyer so you people who have been calling him a liar need to eat your words.

SAWYER: --you'll keep your doctor period. If you like your--

OBAMA: Right.

SAWYER: --health plan, you'll keep your health plan period. Yet, I thought today in the press conference I heard you amend it to say, "If your employer decides to change it, we don't have control over that." So--

OBAMA: Whoa, whoa, whoa. But, of course, there-- I mean, that's-- that's the case whether we pass health care or not. I mean, the-- look, the-- the-- the fact is that right now, all across the country, people are losing their health care. Every day. You-- you can travel-- into Washington, D.C. And you'll find somebody on the street whose employer just dropped them from health care. Or who has decided to increase their deductibles. Or increase their premiums.

So, those choices are being-- made by employers constantly, right? I can't pass a law that says, "I'm sorry, employers, you can never make changes to the health care plans that you provide your employees." What I can say is that the government is not going force you to-- your employer or you to join a government plan, for example. If you're happy with it, and your employer's happy with it, keep it.

If your employer is not providing you the health care that you need, then we're going give you a set of options to make sure that you continue to have health care. And I think that is the kind of commitment that-- the American People expect-- and, you know, it-- and I think is achievable, as long as we stay focused on driving down costs, as well as expanding coverage
Do you think that 90+ million Americans would be losing their insurance if it wasn't for Obamacare?

Did Obama say in that interview that the grandfathered rules were so stringent that most policies would not meet them?

They chose not to meet them.That's the point. They can meet them, if they want to... so is that Obama's fault?

2seaoat

Do you think that 90+ million Americans would be losing their insurance if it wasn't for Obamacare?

Did Obama say in that interview that the grandfathered rules were so stringent that most policies would not meet them?

This is not rocket science. Nobody has to get liability for their car. They can drive without any insurance policy. As long as the penalties are low, uninsured drivers can cause havoc, death, and costs to taxpayers. In some areas there are up to 20% of uninsured drivers hurting the public. Mandatory minimum liability has been a reality in this country for over 80 years, but in some states there have been MANDATORY MEDICAL in the minimum policy in car insurance.

So now people are migrating to minimum mandatory insurance policies which is the law passed by Congress, signed by the president, and affirmed by the Supreme Court and people are up in arms.....no big deal. Get the policy which is in compliance on the exhanges, or do not, and pay a penalty......right now the penalties are nothing, but they will be increased. There will always be non compliant people who have to deal with penalties.

It is an easy leap from enlightenment to autocracy. Just ask anybody that thinks they know what's best for everybody.

Dreamsglore wrote:Can you not read the transcripts of what Obama said. I mean even you can read. Bill Mahr can say all he wants but he wouldn't be shoveling facts. Obama did not lie about the insurance. Now did he know they would go to this extreme to cancel these policies. I don't think so but the proof is right there and you can keep sniveling about the liberals while the repugs keep putting their foot up your ass. How smart are you? LOL!
You shouldn't be questioning anyone else's smarts. You as well as seaoat just do not understand this topic.

One of the things that has been explained over and over again since before 2010 even is this plan would have only worked in a communist state.

I guess you just expected everyone to just bend over and give up and take it up the ass because odumbass said to? LOL

Its really funny to watch you going all over the place trying to defend something you don't know jack shit about LMAO!

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Can you not read the transcripts of what Obama said. I mean even you can read. Bill Mahr can say all he wants but he wouldn't be shoveling facts. Obama did not lie about the insurance. Now did he know they would go to this extreme to cancel these policies. I don't think so but the proof is right there and you can keep sniveling about the liberals while the repugs keep putting their foot up your ass. How smart are you? LOL!
You shouldn't be questioning anyone else's smarts. You as well as seaoat just do not understand this topic.

One of the things that has been explained over and over again since before 2010 even is this plan would have only worked in a communist state.

I guess you just expected everyone to just bend over and give up and take it up the ass because odumbass said to? LOL

Its really funny to watch you going all over the place trying to defend something you don't know jack shit about LMAO!
And you do? I mean you belong to party that hates your guts, tries to take away your rights at every turn and screws you financially and you exalt them? So I have to think who the hell is laughing at who? You're not even smart enough to get it. How do you like paying more taxes than the 1%? Do you like you have less rights than I have? Or maybe it makes you feel good to know you can work at the same job as a man and get paid less? Are you in heaven now? LOL!

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:Read it and weep republican liars. He said it to Diane Sawyer.

During a June 23, 2009 press conference, President Obama made a very specific promise about what would become the Affordable Care Act the following March. "When I say if you have your plan and you like it," Obama explained, "what I'm saying is the government is not going to make you change plans under health reform." (Emphasis mine.] As the President emphasized to ABC News' Diane Sawyer the following day, his pledge did not extend to employers and private insurers for a very good reason:

"I can guarantee you that there's the possibility for a whole lot of Americans out there that they're not going to end up having the same health care they have," he said Tuesday. "Because what's going to happen is, as costs keep on going up, employers are going to start making decisions: 'We've got to raise premiums on our employees. In some cases, we can't provide health insurance at all'"...
"That's the case whether we pass health care or not. The fact is that right now, all across the country, people are losing their health care. Every day," he said.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/24/1250325/-Your-health-plan-changing-Employers-insurers-largely-to-blame
Typical of Progressives. This is an OPINION PIECE on one of the farthest left Progressive sites on the Internet.

Your article, upon which this opinion piece was based, shows President Barack Hussein Obama's ability to split hairs. President Obama says that it is not the GOVERNMENT who will force people to change their health insurance but the nasty ol' INSURANCE companies.

That is exactly like saying you want to import an exotic Lamborghini direct from Italy and NOT have the pollution control requirements installed here in this country. It is NOT GOVERNMENT requiring you install those changes but Lamborghini because they did not build them with those requirements in the first place.

President Barack Hussein Obama LIED. You may be one of the few in the country who do not understand that fact. President Obama, and his comrades KNEW that if they were honest, Senator Obama would never have won the election and if they had been truthful. IF PRESIDENT OBAMA had won the election, being truthful about ObamaCare would have doomed it to failure which is also why they had to act fast while the glow was still on Obama and, as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi knew and told us it had to be passed before we knew what it was in it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:Can you not read the transcripts of what Obama said.
Yes I can read it and I just did.  

"Because what's going to happen is, as costs keep on going up, employers are going to start making decisions: 'We've got to raise premiums on our employees. In some cases, we can't provide health insurance at all"

Every day. You-- you can travel-- into Washington, D.C. And you'll find somebody on the street whose employer just dropped them from health care. Or who has decided to increase their deductibles. Or increase their premiums.

"So, those choices are being-- made by employers constantly, right? I can't pass a law that says, "I'm sorry, employers, you can never make changes to the health care plans that you provide your employees." What I can say is that the government is not going force you to-- your employer or you to join a government plan, for example. If you're happy with it, and your employer's happy with it, keep it.

But it's not only employers who are cancelling policies as a result of obamacare.  It's mostly individual policies which are being cancelled...

President Obama repeated this line or a variation of it many times during the campaign to pass his landmark health care bill: "If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period."

But while that might be true for people who get health insurance through their employer, it's not true for many people who buy their policies in the individual market — about 5 percent of the nation's policyholders.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/10/30/241895808/notices-canceling-health-insurance-leave-many-on-edge

Last edited by Bob on 11/1/2013, 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Can you not read the transcripts of what Obama said.
Yes I can read it and I just did.  

"Because what's going to happen is, as costs keep on going up, employers are going to start making decisions: 'We've got to raise premiums on our employees. In some cases, we can't provide health insurance at all"

Every day. You-- you can travel-- into Washington, D.C. And you'll find somebody on the street whose employer just dropped them from health care. Or who has decided to increase their deductibles. Or increase their premiums.

"So, those choices are being-- made by employers constantly, right? I can't pass a law that says, "I'm sorry, employers, you can never make changes to the health care plans that you provide your employees." What I can say is that the government is not going force you to-- your employer or you to join a government plan, for example. If you're happy with it, and your employer's happy with it, keep it.

But it's not employers who are cancelling policies as a result of obamacare.  It's individual policies which are being cancelled...

President Obama repeated this line or a variation of it many times during the campaign to pass his landmark health care bill: "If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period."

But while that might be true for people who get health insurance through their employer, it's not true for many people who buy their policies in the individual market — about 5 percent of the nation's policyholders.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/10/30/241895808/notices-canceling-health-insurance-leave-many-on-edge
Employer, employer, employer.  Good point, Bob.  But now he's blaming the insurance companies.

It might not be employers, yet...but Forbes says 93 million will lose their insurance because of Obamacare.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well my point is that everything dreamsglore quoted Obama as saying was blaming it all on employers. When we now see that an even much greater percentage of individual policies are being cancelled than employer provided policies are being cancelled. And obama revealed none of that in those quotes she provided.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:Well my point is that everything dreamsglore quoted Obama as saying was blaming it all on employers.  When we now see that an even much greater percentage of individual policies are being cancelled than employer provided policies are being cancelled.  And obama revealed none of that in those quotes she provided.
 Back then, he was talking about employers probably cause he already knew about the 93 million that it was going to eventually hit.  But you're right, that has nothing to do with the people with private, non-employer policies--the 15 million or so--who are getting dropped by their insurance companies.  He also ran around all over the country telling people in speeches that they could keep their insurance if they like it--PERIOD.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:  He also ran around all over the country telling people in speeches that they could keep their insurance if they like it--PERIOD.
That's the part dreamsglore is completely overlooking. He made dozens and dozens of speeches in which he flatly told people they could keep their existing insurance with no qualification of that claim, period.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreams has been very much in support of this for 3 years. She thinks it's the solution to our health care mess.  And you know Dreams, once she digs in, she doesn't budge, lol.  She really thinks it's going to work out for the better of most everyone.  And maybe she's right...but that is hard to see right now, especially for people getting cancellation notices when Obama told them that they could keep their insurance--period.   And no matter how good this all might  eventually turn out to be (Suspect )---Obama was still dishonest with Americans about what would happen.   But if I had supported something wholeheartedly for 3 years, I wouldn't want to admit it's a failure either.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

And you do? I mean you belong to party that hates your guts, tries to take away your rights at every turn and screws you financially and you exalt them? So I have to think who the hell is laughing at who? You're not even smart enough to get it. How do you like paying more taxes than the 1%? Do you like you have less rights than I have? Or maybe it makes you feel good to know you can work at the same job as a man and get paid less? Are you in heaven now? LOL!
I know more about it than most here because I am STILL working in the healthcare profession in a managment position which exposes me to the rules as they are dictated upon us.

as far as the party I belong to, I belong to the party os me, myself and I. Will I vote republican over liberal, damn right most of the time because the liberal party has become the party of communist. However I would prefer a libertarian and wish to push the republican party back to the party of the constitution. Tea party? maybe. lol

and I am one of the highest paid professionals in my feild. I very happy with what I make and I dont sit around worrying if so and so man is making more. My profession is dominated by women btw LOL

have a good day spinning and stewing over your failure of a prez

Yella

Yella

VectorMan wrote:What about one of your liberal talking heads? Would you believe him if he said Obama lied? Probably not, but here is what Bill Maher had to say about Obama and ObamaCare.

Maher: Sure Obama Lied But He Had to or ObamaCare Might Not Have Passed

I’ve always said that it takes a lot of rationalizations to be a liberal these days.

Take for example HBO’s Bill Maher who told CNN’s Piers Morgan Tuesday that the President had to lie about people keeping their health insurance plans or else ObamaCare mightn’t have passed (video follows with transcript and commentary):

BILL MAHER: It sure is hard if you're a politician, not that I'm really that sympathetic to them, to try to get information into people's heads. I don't think Obama should have lied to people.
PIERS MORGAN, HOST: It was a lie, wasn’t it?
MAHER: Well, hold on. First of all, insurance companies are always dropping people from their plans. This goes on, this went on before ObamaCare went on, after ObamaCare. We’re losing a lot of perspective here. But, yeah, he probably should have not been so blatant about saying you iron clad guarantee.
On the other hand, since he got no Republican votes and no Republican help, and since three years after it’s a law they’re still fighting it, can you imagine what it would be like if he said, “Yeah, some people your rates are going to up.” I mean, he, the thing passed by this much. If they said that, they might have lost the whole thing. And politicians are always making compromises like that.

Can you imagine Maher accepting a Republican president lying to get a major piece of legislation passed?

Of course not, but this is the jaded world he lives in now - always protecting his hero.

Joe Scarborough Finally Admits Obama Lied About ObamaCare

Then have a look at Obama's approval rating right now. LOL Things aren't going very well for the slack jawed boob.

Will you eat your words now? I didn't think so. But, you keep on carrying water for Obama. Maybe you can make some kool-aid with it. LOL
If somebody were to ask you if Joe Scarborough was a pillar of integrity,a man who has never lied to further his own interests then you would say, "Absolutely, he is a news commentator, he would never lie."

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Markle

Markle

The President said in 2009 the ACA would not extend to employers and individual policies Obama-like-your-plan-2-million

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum