Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fee simple passed the house committee.....justice finally

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20131030/NEWS01/131030018/Bill-titling-Santa-Rosa-Island-leaseholders-passes-committee?nclick_check=1

interesting people are worried about the Navarre Pass.....they should be but that concern should be independent of fee simple. Good things are finally going to revisit the beach for long suffering leaseholders.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Finally, Jeff Miller does something other than be a yes-man for his fellow Teahadists.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

What is the Navarre Pass?

2seaoat

What is the Navarre Pass?

On the East end of Navarre Beach about 100 yards from the Eglin property line in 1965 a canal was excavated which allowed boats to travel from the intercoastal to the gulf. Hurricane Betsy came a few months later and closed the pass. The intercoastal is a soup of pollution. If the Pass is reopened, the Pristine Navarre Beach will have huge pollution issues and sand migration issues as the sand moves from the east to the west and the cut would break the continuous flow of the sand.

It also would be a huge economic boom for the area.......hopefully short term greed will not allow the destruction of Navarre Beach.

cool1

cool1

I wish the beach had stayed like it was many many years ago ---Just a beach lol----not as many houses , not as many stores , I liked driving and you could see the whole coast line , Now all you see is big huge buildings everywhere . I know that places bring money in but still -look where it is now and then 20 years from now , sad to me . Crying or Very sad 

2seaoat

My fondest memory in the seventies was climbing the dunes in Navarre by the old motel where the regency is now. All the dunes are gone. The flow of sand has been disrupted by the canyon of concrete buildings..........the east end of Navarre in the County park is a wonderful special place. We need fee simple, and we need to stop any effort to cut a new pass.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:My fondest memory in the seventies was climbing the dunes in Navarre by the old motel where the regency is now.  All the dunes are gone.  The flow of sand has been disrupted by the canyon of concrete buildings..........the east end of Navarre in the County park is a wonderful special place.  We need fee simple, and we need to stop any effort to cut a new pass.
Any new pass that is cut will fail. If nature doesn't make it, it won't last without continuous dredging or a massive buildup of jetties around it to keep sand from filling it in. Sand moves along the coast from east to west, so if they cut the pass and build jetties to contain the sand, it will disrupt the sand flow further west. The folks on Pensacola Beach already need renourishment every few years, and messing with Mother Nature more will lead to very bad results.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

That's why pensacola bay was a natural port... positive out flow that kept the pass open.

Developers and Realtors do not give a shit about anything but money. Nature and Beauty be damned. It has and all will be "Fuck the Beach" Give me the money. If you dare say anything different you are labeled a red neck, Naysayer, at best.

Mr Ichi wrote:Developers and Realtors do not give a shit about anything but money. Nature and Beauty be damned. It has and all will be "Fuck the Beach" Give me the money. If you dare say anything different you are labeled a red neck, Naysayer, at best.
Don't forget nazi.

PkrBum wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:Developers and Realtors do not give a shit about anything  but money.   Nature and Beauty be damned. It has and all will be "Fuck the Beach" Give me the money.  If you dare say anything different you are labeled a red neck, Naysayer, at best.  
Don't forget nazi.
Thanks I forgot!!
Edited
If you dare say anything different you are labeled a red neck, Naysayer, Nazi loving fascist pig. at best

2seaoat

If you dare say anything different you are labeled a red neck, Naysayer, at best.

So now you have a get out of jail for free card which lets you go from issue to issue and flip your card......red neck naysayer.......sorry it does not work that way in the real world. Each issue has to be weighed and folks have to present valid arguments which balance property rights and the protection of our environment, current zoning, and comprehensive planning. However, some folks figure that card works in every situation....maybe that is how they play monopoly on the west side...but the rest of us follow the rules. We have to discuss issues with facts.

You ass holes have done a great job fucking up a beautiful piece of nature. Talk all the shit you want. Look at the results.

2seaoat wrote: If you dare say anything different you are labeled a red neck, Naysayer, at best.

So now you have a get out of jail for free card which lets you go from issue to issue and flip your card......red neck naysayer.......sorry it does not work that way in the real world. Each issue has to be weighed and folks have to present valid arguments which balance property rights and the protection of our environment, current zoning, and comprehensive planning. However, some folks figure that card works in every situation....maybe that is how they play monopoly on the west side...but the rest of us follow the rules. We have to discuss issues with facts.
It's your own fault. When you use terms flippantly... it cheapens the effect. Ya fucking nazi..!!

Jake92

Maybe now they can keep their beach clean and keep out the kids from Mobile that trash it every year....

Nekochan

Nekochan

About developers.....we are supposed to be in the era of green and preservation, right?  

Hubby and I took a walk around the neighborhood yesterday.  We live in an older section of town, with neighborhoods that were built mostly in the 60s and 70s.  This area has beautiful old oaks.  The developers in these neighborhoods preserved a lot of the trees when they built homes back then.  That's one of the main reasons we like this area so much--the trees.  But you drive down south of here to the newer, more expensive houses that were built in the 90s through  2006 or so--and those lots were totally cleared before the homes were built.  Beautiful old oaks were just clear cut.  And then they built the houses, a lot of them very, very nice houses, and they planted little tiny trees in the yards, when they should have preserved a lot of the old trees. 

I prefer our neighborhood even though it's older.   Sometimes what was done in the 60s and 70s was greener and better than what's being done today.  Not when it comes to our beaches, though. No 

But about the beaches...yes, it's a shame what's happened to them.  I am in favor of private property rights, I just wish the county or state would have made a point to have preserved more of our beaches back when it was possible.   It's too late now.

Last edited by Nekochan on 11/1/2013, 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

It's too late now

My daughter has seen my pictures of the beach from the early 60s and listened to my stories about growing up at the beaches.  One day we were driving down Pensacola Beach and she asked me "Dad, How did all this happen?  Did it have to be like this?"
I had no answer.  If I knew what I know what I know now I would have been even a more vocal activist against development  on the beach.  But to be honest,  I really did not think people would build and live on the beach..It was beyond my comprehension that people would destroy such a unique part of Nature.  Damn was I wrong.  But now my grand children can go to "Peg leg Petes" and get drunk................

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote: It's too late now

My daughter has seen my pictures of the beach from the early 60s and listened to my stories about growing up at the beaches.  One day we were driving down Pensacola Beach and she asked me "Dad, How did all this happen?  Did it have to be like this?"
I had no answer.  If I knew what I know what I know now I would have been even a more vocal activist against development  on the beach.  But to be honest,  I really did not think people would build and live on the beach..It was beyond my comprehension that people would destroy such a unique part of Nature.  Damn was I wrong.  But now my grand children can go to "Peg leg Petes" and get drunk................
When my mom was a kid, her family would go out to NAS Pensacola, near the lighthouse, and camp out.  This was in the 20s-30s.  It was federal property back then, but not fenced in, I guess.  And people would just take their tents out there and camp out for a few days.  She said that back then, no one would have thought of building a house and living on the beach.  It was a place where you went to camp out for a couple of days.

2seaoat

It was a place where you went to camp out for a couple of days.

A few permanent structures.....but when it became a solid wall of condos the beach became something else. I go to the end of the east end of Navarre to capture the beauty.....close my eyes in my chair and simply fade away to another time......a beautiful place. We need to protect what is left.

Jake92

It used to be local owners with concrete block homes to live in or rent until they made their fortunes and the houses were destroyed by storms; ie Erin and Opal. Then the bigger homes and condos were built by out of state owners and the beach was destroyed while some people made fortunes.. It changed from someone's paradise to someone elses money maker..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum