Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

America's Horse Dancing For Gold in London

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Yesterday was the day we’ve all been waiting for since the Olympics began. The Romneys’ famous ballet-horse, Rafalca, danced for the gold! A Rafalca victory would obviously bolster Romney’s gritty, man-of-the-people image. But beyond that, in a very real sense, Rafalca belongs to all of us. Her obscenely wealthy owners requested a $77,000 tax break for her care, expecting the rest of us to make up the shortfall from the US Treasury. So she’s America’s Horse! USA! USA!

Sadly for all of us, she finished 13th and does not appear to be in position to move on. On a happier note, she has been invited to appear as a contestant on this Fall's Dancing with the Stars television program, and is a cinch to beat Bristol Palin.

LONDON — The crowd was customarily silent, so as not to distract horse and rider. Plastic Champagne flutes and windbreakers abounded, to toast the competitors and confront a rainy day at the park.

Rafalca and her rider, the veteran equestrian Jan Ebeling, took the stage early and finished the opening round of their Olympic debut with a score of 70.243, placing 13th. They have to wait to see how the rest of the field fares Friday before knowing whether they will advance to the Grand Prix Special on Tuesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/03/sports/olympics/romney-horse-rafalca-competes-in-olympic-dressage.html

salinsky wrote:[font=Arial Black]Yesterday was the day we’ve all been waiting for since the Olympics began. The Romneys’ famous ballet-horse, Rafalca, danced for the gold! A Rafalca victory would obviously bolster Romney’s gritty, man-of-the-people image. But beyond that, in a very real sense, Rafalca belongs to all of us. Her obscenely wealthy owners requested a $77,000 tax break for her care, expecting the rest of us to make up the shortfall from the US Treasury. So she’s America’s Horse! USA! USA!

.html

Drop in the bucket compared to Nancy pelosis military air travel costs over just two years. Her taste for booze is pretty broad too.

"Pelosis military travel cost the United States Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol. For example, purchases for one Pelosi-led congressional delegation traveling from Washington, DC, through Tel Aviv, Israel to Baghdad, Iraq May 15-20, 2008 included: Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey’s Irish Crème, Maker’s Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewar’s scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey, Corona beer and several bottles of wine."

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Why not hide the horse like John Kerry did with his 7 million dollar boat..... Sen. John Kerry is docking his family's new $7 million yacht in neighboring Rhode Island, allowing him to avoid paying roughly $500,000 in taxes to the cash-strapped Bay State.

Sal

Sal

I realize the wingnut mind does not possess a sense of humor, so y'all are gonna just have to trust me on this. Flights on the taxpayer's dime and yachts don't have near the comedic value of a dancing horse. Dancing horses are comedy GOLD.

salinsky wrote:I realize the wingnut mind does not possess a sense of humor, so y'all are gonna just have to trust me on this. Flights on the taxpayer's dime and yachts don't have near the comedic value of a dancing horse. Dancing horses are comedy GOLD.

Never heard of the "sport" but I imagine the trainers are pretty talented. My dog can't even be trained to walk itself or open a beer.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

nochain wrote:
salinsky wrote:I realize the wingnut mind does not possess a sense of humor, so y'all are gonna just have to trust me on this. Flights on the taxpayer's dime and yachts don't have near the comedic value of a dancing horse. Dancing horses are comedy GOLD.

Never heard of the "sport" but I imagine the trainers are pretty talented. My dog can't even be trained to walk itself or open a beer.

Dumb dog!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I can process the humor....look at the Peloise and Kerry-Heinz fortune.

Sal

Sal

So, Rafalca and Ann Romney walk into a bar. The bartender asks, "Why the long faces, ladies?"

NaNook

NaNook

We have a dancing donkey (ass) in the White House , so I "get" the joke.

Joanimaroni wrote:Why not hide the horse like John Kerry did with his 7 million dollar boat..... Sen. John Kerry is docking his family's new $7 million yacht in neighboring Rhode Island, allowing him to avoid paying roughly $500,000 in taxes to the cash-strapped Bay State.

LOL good one < thumbs up >

If I had a horse Id be happy it was even allowed in the olympics.

Sal

Sal

I wonder if Willard has a horse elevator in his barn?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

*Secret_Angel* wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Why not hide the horse like John Kerry did with his 7 million dollar boat..... Sen. John Kerry is docking his family's new $7 million yacht in neighboring Rhode Island, allowing him to avoid paying roughly $500,000 in taxes to the cash-strapped Bay State.

LOL good one < thumbs up >

If I had a horse Id be happy it was even allowed in the olympics.

bounce bounce bounce

Sal

Sal

Willard unwinds by playing a video game ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum