Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OBAMA CAMPAIGN SUES TO RESTRICT MILITARY VOTING

+5
othershoe1030
Captn Kaoz
Slicef18
Markle
Floridatexan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/08/02/obama-campaign-sues-to-restrict-military-voting

This shows Just what a low life this communist president is. Oh I know you libertards do want to go to this site because it isn't CNN or Msnbc but maybe you need the truth for a change.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

First of all, there's nothing to verify that the assertion is true except the author's claim. Secondly, what's to stop a member of the armed services from voting early?

would you like to buy a negative modifer for your misnomer so your sentence has some clarity in relation to your obvious bias....?

Here you can find the real story, not supposition.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/political/elections_local/obama-campaign-sues-over-ohios-cutoff-date-for-early-voting

President Barack Obama's campaign says it has sued Ohio's secretary of state over early-voting provisions in the Buckeye State.

The campaign wants the state to return to laws it had in 2008, prior to when the state underwent myriad election reforms under a Republican-controlled legislature.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Here you can find the real story, not supposition.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/political/elections_local/obama-campaign-sues-over-ohios-cutoff-date-for-early-voting

President Barack Obama's campaign says it has sued Ohio's secretary of state over early-voting provisions in the Buckeye State.

The campaign wants the state to return to laws it had in 2008, prior to when the state underwent myriad election reforms under a Republican-controlled legislature.

i read the article. okay.....why is this an issue....? why would the GOP want to even start this stoopid fight....?

where's Atticus Finch when we really need him...?

Markle

Markle

Nothing surprising, Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore tried valently to disqualify Florida military absentee ballots in 2000.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Markle wrote:Nothing surprising, Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore tried valently to disqualify Florida military absentee ballots in 2000.

What Al Gore did in 2000 has nothing to do with the Ohio case. The Florida case was about the military and their absentee ballots.
The Ohio case has nothing to do with the military or their absentee ballots. If you'd read about the Ohio case you'd know it was about the Republicans rewriting the election laws in 2008.
Nice try though. These challenges to states changing election laws is nothing more than a part of the political landscape. There are Republican challenges to election laws in California, Michigan, New York, Texas, Alabama and others.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

I don't remember Al being a snake oil salesman. I do remember he invented the internet and discovered global warming. Laughing

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

thread_bear wrote:would you like to buy a negative modifer for your misnomer so your sentence has some clarity in relation to your obvious bias....?

Priceless!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

There is a lot to be desired in our methods of voting. Given the technology of today that records every move we make with our credit cards you'd think it shouldn't take polling places three days to get things in order for Election Day.

In every case of so called voter ID "reform" somehow or other the voters most negatively affected are from those groups likely to vote Democratic.

That's not a coincidence it is a planned campaign strategy. The R's have never been able to show any significant voter impersonation even occurring but they make up a story about it anyway to try and justify their voter suppression plans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_384569&feature=iv&src_vid=o32tF-S6K60&v=EuOT1bRYdK8

NaNook

NaNook

I don't understand why one can't use their phone and Social Security Number to vote. My Mother died on the 27th of Feb and by the 2nd of March the Social Security Dept wanted her Feb payment back.

One person, one vote. Everyone has a phone, the government gives them away and pays the bills.

One "LIVE" person, one vote.

othershoe1030 wrote:
thread_bear wrote:would you like to buy a negative modifer for your misnomer so your sentence has some clarity in relation to your obvious bias....?

Priceless!

thanx OS. i doubt he even understood what i posted. (sigh)

VectorMan

VectorMan

From Ghost's link:

Husted made the case that it's "extremely easy" to vote in Ohio and highlighted the 35-day early voting time period, or "790 hours" as he put it, available for voters to cast their ballot. The state has also made it possible, he noted, for every voter to vote by absentee ballot "from the comfort of their own home."
Opponents, he said, don't want an "accountability system," one that "requires some level of personal responsibility to take initiative to get to the polls" or request an absentee ballot.
"To me, it seems pretty easy to vote if you really care about who your president is going to be," he said.
The state GOP echoed his sentiments, saying the provision that passed under the initial law had support from both parties last year.

The libs get their ire up over this? How petty. If someone can't get their vote in within 35 days, maybe they shouldn't be voting.

Maybe Eric Holder can arrange for some Black Panthers to be at the polls, libs seem to be good with that.

VectorMan wrote:From Ghost's link:

Husted made the case that it's "extremely easy" to vote in Ohio and highlighted the 35-day early voting time period, or "790 hours" as he put it, available for voters to cast their ballot. The state has also made it possible, he noted, for every voter to vote by absentee ballot "from the comfort of their own home."
Opponents, he said, don't want an "accountability system," one that "requires some level of personal responsibility to take initiative to get to the polls" or request an absentee ballot.
"To me, it seems pretty easy to vote if you really care about who your president is going to be," he said.
The state GOP echoed his sentiments, saying the provision that passed under the initial law had support from both parties last year.

The libs get their ire up over this? How petty. If someone can't get their vote in within 35 days, maybe they shouldn't be voting.

Maybe Eric Holder can arrange for some Black Panthers to be at the polls, libs seem to be good with that.

that's supposed to funny, right....?

let me see. eric holder is black. the POTUS is black. therefore, the new black panthers are a tool of the POTUS and the AG used them to repress voters...?

let's run with that logic.

jefferson is black. jefferson loves watermelon. therefore, black folk love watermelon.

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:
Maybe Eric Holder can arrange for some Black Panthers to be at the polls, libs seem to be good with that.[/b]

Don't be silly. He's too busy driving a box-truck full of guns over the border to Mexican drug kingpins. When he makes rest stops, he wipes his ass with the Constitution.

VectorMan

VectorMan

thread_bear wrote:

let me see. eric holder is black. the POTUS is black. therefore, the new black panthers are a tool of the POTUS and the AG used them to repress voters...?

jefferson is black. jefferson loves watermelon. therefore, black folk love watermelon.

Run where ever you want with YOUR logic. The fact is that AG Holder should have prosecuted those thugs. He chose not to based on their race. Play your worn out race card all day long. Doesn't change the facts. But, it's the liberal way to ignore them.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Folks at the waterfront mission love election day. acorn vans pick them up and give them beer and smokes followed by a trip to the voting polls.

VectorMan wrote:
thread_bear wrote:

Run where ever you want with YOUR logic. The fact is that AG Holder should have prosecuted those thugs. He chose not to based on their race. Play your worn out race card all day long. Doesn't change the facts. But, it's the liberal way to ignore them.

drip, drip, drip, drip....

oh yeah...you ain't no racist. you just pretend to be one so your racist friends will like you.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

rebel1 wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/08/02/obama-campaign-sues-to-restrict-military-voting

This shows Just what a low life this communist president is. Oh I know you libertards do want to go to this site because it isn't CNN or Msnbc but maybe you need the truth for a change.

It is pretty pitiful when Fox News and other such propaganda tubes for the Republicon Party have to stoop so low as to come up with an extremely twisted and purposefully misleading article/"news" story as this one.
According to sources covering the early voting law suit in Ohio, what the republicons wanted to do was to take away the last few days of early voting for all of Ohio's legally registered voters except for those people in the military. The law suit rightly points out that this is giving a certain group special treatment and that ALL Ohio voters should be able to vote during the same time period.

To frame this suit as one where the Democrats are trying to limit military voting is just disgusting. It is garbage like this that makes me absolutely hate F News for their intentional constant ever present efforts to mislead their viewers and demonize the Democratic Party.

The only excuse I can see for this sort of broadcasting is that they don't think they will ever win an election again unless they lie to their viewers. I hope more of their devoted viewers begin to question the validity of what they see there and decide to watch PBS News Hour or the BBC or some news source that manages to tell the truth.

Markle

Markle

VectorMan wrote:
thread_bear wrote:

It is worse than that. The New Black Panthers did not show up in court on the day of their trial nor did their attorneys. On that basis, they were found guilty and the only thing remaining for the Justice Department was the sentencing. That is when Eric Holder dropped the case.

Markle

Markle

Slicef18 wrote:
Markle wrote:Nothing surprising, Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore tried valently to disqualify Florida military absentee ballots in 2000.

What Al Gore did in 2000 has nothing to do with the Ohio case. The Florida case was about the military and their absentee ballots.
The Ohio case has nothing to do with the military or their absentee ballots. If you'd read about the Ohio case you'd know it was about the Republicans rewriting the election laws in 2008.
Nice try though. These challenges to states changing election laws is nothing more than a part of the political landscape. There are Republican challenges to election laws in California, Michigan, New York, Texas, Alabama and others.

Right...military votes as opposed to...military votes. I see the huge difference!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

In my view here's what's going on:

Looks like Ohio needs to standardize their voting times across all counties, fair enough.
All voters should be able to vote through the weekend not JUST the military.

Republicans have decided it is in their best interest to suppress voter turnout and have concocted the bogus theory that voter impersonation is a raging problem, which it is not. This is the story they made up, the reason they say they want to require various types of voter ID's.

The Republican propaganda tube known as F News has misrepresented the legal case in Ohio to make it look as if Democrats are trying to suppress the military vote. What the Democrats are actually doing is standing up for the rights of all Ohio voters to have the weekend before election day for early voting.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

othershoe1030 wrote:
rebel1 wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/08/02/obama-campaign-sues-to-restrict-military-voting

It is pretty pitiful when Fox News and other such propaganda tubes for the Republicon Party have to stoop so low as to come up with an extremely twisted and purposefully misleading article/"news" story as this one.
According to sources covering the early voting law suit in Ohio, what the republicons wanted to do was to take away the last few days of early voting for all of Ohio's legally registered voters except for those people in the military. The law suit rightly points out that this is giving a certain group special treatment and that ALL Ohio voters should be able to vote during the same time period.

To frame this suit as one where the Democrats are trying to limit military voting is just disgusting. It is garbage like this that makes me absolutely hate F News for their intentional constant ever present efforts to mislead their viewers and demonize the Democratic Party.

The only excuse I can see for this sort of broadcasting is that they don't think they will ever win an election again unless they lie to their viewers. I hope more of their devoted viewers begin to question the validity of what they see there and decide to watch PBS News Hour or the BBC or some news source that manages to tell the truth.

Finally, some sense. Those early voters that Ohio wants to exclude from early voting include military veterans...let me emphasize that...military veterans. The only voters the Repugs want to be allowed early voting are...wait for it...active duty military. I wonder why the hell that is.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Finally, some sense. Those early voters that Ohio wants to exclude from early voting include military veterans...let me emphasize that...military veterans. The only voters the Repugs want to be allowed early voting are...wait for it...active duty military. I wonder why the hell that is.

http://www.alternet.org/hot-news-views/why-does-mitt-romney-want-restrict-voting-rights-more-900000-ohio-veterans?akid=9176.129638.efwdiX&rd=1&src=newsletter688316&t=26

Why Does Mitt Romney Want To Restrict Voting Rights For More Than 900,000 Ohio Veterans?

(The article is written by Jon Soltz, a two-tour Iraq war veteran and chairman of VoteVets.org. He vividly presents the facts that Romney is LYING AGAIN. What a shocker! Who knew a presidential candidate could be such a blatant liar?

[quote="Floridatexan"][quote="Floridatexan"][quote="othershoe1030"]

Who knew a presidential candidate could be such a blatant liar?

Anyone who listened to the liar-in-chief Oblamer is well familiar with presidential candidates lying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum