Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New 14-foot 'sea serpent' found in Southern California

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

For the second time in less than a week, a 'sea serpent' attracted gawkers on a Southern California beach.

This time the rare, snakelike oarfish washed up Friday afternoon in Oceanside.

U-T San Diego reported that it measured nearly 14 feet long and attracted a crowd of up to 75 people.

Oceanside police contacted SeaWorld San Diego, The Scripps Research Institute and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Someone from NOAA retrieved the carcass, which was cut into sections for later study.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/10/19/new-14-foot-sea-serpent-found-in-southern-california/

it is believed by people across the pond that a big earth quake will come after seeing these.

cool1

cool1

The second one! I wonder what is making them wash up on shore.

They're dead.LOL!

they are actually pretty rare and don't usually do tis. I read an article I think it was people either in Indonesia that when you start seeing these fish like this expect a great earth quake.

Ill try to find some info on that.

Yes but dead things wash up on shore.Both of these were dead I believe.

cool1

cool1

let me get this right I know they are dead --I ment what is making them die to wash up on shore.

Dreamsglore wrote:Yes but dead things wash up on shore.Both of these were dead I believe.
lol, yes dreams they were dead. but they are oar fish, its not something usual.

They live at extreme depths. and are rarely seen. I think its worthy to note this is not the ordinary dead fish washing ashore. something is going on.

cool1

cool1

I think so to!

Oarfish omen spells earthquake disaster for Japan

Japan is bracing itself after dozens of rare giant oarfish - traditionally the harbinger of a powerful earthquake - have been washed ashore or caught in fishermen's nets
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/7365076/Oarfish-omen-spells-earthquake-disaster-for-Japan.html

*** ^^^^ the date of this is 3/2010.. what a year before the big one?

In recent weeks, 10 specimens have been found either washed ashore or in fishing nets off Ishikawa Prefecture, half-a-dozen have been caught in nets off Toyama Prefecture and others have been reported in Kyoto, Shimane and Nagasaki prefectures, all on the northern coast.

According to traditional Japanese lore, the fish rise to the surface and beach themselves to warn of an impending earthquake - and there are scientific theories that bottom-dwelling fish may very well be susceptible to movements in seismic fault lines and act in uncharacteristic ways in advance of an earthquake - but experts here are placing more faith in their constant high-tech monitoring of the tectonic plates beneath the surface.

"In ancient times Japanese people believed that fish warned of coming earthquakes, particularly catfish," Hiroshi Tajihi, deputy director of the Kobe Earthquake Centre, told the Daily Telegraph.

"But these are just old superstitions and there is no scientific relationship between these sightings and an earthquake," he said.

theres been a 6.8 earth quake in mexico at the gulf of California.

cool1

cool1

messenger from sea gods palace ----Shocked

cool1 wrote:messenger from sea gods palace ----Shocked
hmmmmmmm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

They went to California to apply for foodstamps and get a gay marriage license.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum