Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPS delivery snafu, very upsetting

+7
PBulldog2
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Jake92
Ghost Rider
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I was wondering if any of you have had similar problems with UPS and if so, how did you handle it?

I was expecting a package to be delivered to my house today as per rescheduling from a prior date due to our travel plans.

I got on line to check the package's whereabouts and discovered that someone in the UPS system totally made up instructions about how it was to be delivered (see below). At this point I am waiting for a call-back from the customer service center in Pensacola, which I expect will tell me the best they can do is to get it to my house by tomorrow. The even more stressful thing about the messages I read on their site that tracked the package is that the last one states that it had been picked up by "the receiver". "Receiver" refers to me, not the UPS driver, I asked to make sure. I have not received the package, that's for sure. A signature is required. I am trying not to let this stress over the fubar'd delivery take away from the fun of actually getting the package, as Joni would say: dammit.

Pensacola, FL, United States 10/15/2013 11:08 A.M. As requested by the customer, the receiver will pickup at a UPS facility within 5 business days. / The receiver picked up the package that was being held for them.
This is totally a made up item. I did not ever request that the package be picked up at the UPS facility and I did not pick it up.

10/15/2013 11:07 A.M. As requested by the customer, the receiver will pickup at a UPS facility within 5 business days. / Customer has confirmed and will pick up packages this evening. I never requested this at all.

10/15/2013 11:00 A.M. The Delivery Change Request for this package has been completed. / Delivery rescheduled.
Pensacola, FL, United States 10/14/2013 5:29 A.M. The Delivery Change Request for this package has been completed. / The package is being held for future delivery. UPS will attempt delivery on the date requested

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Just got the story from the UPS person in P''cola. Turns out they have the package. It was not picked up by anyone else. The reason given for the false entries was that their system only has a certain number of options to "click on" and there wasn't an accurate option listed. I guess they just threw a dart at it and went with that?

I will get my jewelry tomorrow, I hope!

Grrrr. At least they didn't loose it, so far.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:Just got the story from the UPS person in P''cola. Turns out they have the package. It was not picked up by anyone else. The reason given for the false entries was that their system only has a certain number of options to "click on" and there wasn't an accurate option listed. I guess they just threw a dart at it and went with that?

Dammit! All that worry and frustration for nothing.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Othershoe, when I miss delivery of a package, I will go to the UPS center and pick it up myself. Saves me a lot of frustration. However most of the packages that I get do not have to be signed for so the delivery driver just drops them at the front door.

Jake92

I usually picked mine up right there too but it's only open for an hr or so late in the afternoon..

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

UPS can suck at times. Their drivers think nothing of dropping a large package right in front of an outward-swinging door, or on a wheelchair ramp.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Jake92

OR over the top of a fence so it drops 5-6 feet..

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Jake92 wrote:I usually picked mine up right there too but it's only open for an hr or so late in the afternoon..
Jake, I have been there in the morning and they were open. According to their website their hours of operation are 10 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday.

Jake92

I agree they are open, but to pick something up unless it's arranged before hand, it's on the truck and you have to wait for the truck to return in the afternoon then unload.. I had to go there a few times to pick something up..

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Jake92 wrote:I agree they are open, but to pick something up unless it's arranged before hand, it's on the truck and you have to wait for the truck to return in the afternoon then unload..  I had to go there a few times to pick something up..
Sorry, I misread your post. FYI, you would be lucky if the driver gets back before they close at 6. My deliveries sometimes don't even arrive until 7PM.

Jake92

I know exactly what you mean....

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Thanks for the comments. I expect it to arrive tomorrow.  Is FedEx any better? I really hated the inaccurate posts on the tracing log on line!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Just got the story from the UPS person in P''cola. Turns out they have the package. It was not picked up by anyone else. The reason given for the false entries was that their system only has a certain number of options to "click on" and there wasn't an accurate option listed. I guess they just threw a dart at it and went with that?

Dammit! All that worry and frustration for nothing.
Right. When has worry and stress ever been productive, yet we all seem to do it!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:Thanks for the comments. I expect it to arrive tomorrow.  Is FedEx any better? I really hated the inaccurate posts on the tracing log on line!
I have never had a problem with UPS. I have had problems with FedEx delivering packages to me....packages that aren't mine. I find them on my porch and have to distribute them to my neighbors.

I have a note to FedEx on the porch with my address.....the other day the door bell rang and when I opened the door, the UPS guy was almost to his truck.....he said, " don't worry it's your package. I'm not FedEx."

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Thanks for the comments. I expect it to arrive tomorrow.  Is FedEx any better? I really hated the inaccurate posts on the tracing log on line!
I have never had a problem with UPS. I have had problems with FedEx delivering packages to me....packages that aren't mine. I find them on my porch and have to distribute them to my neighbors.

I have a note to FedEx on the porch with my address.....the other day the door bell rang and when I opened the door, the UPS guy was almost to his truck.....he said,  " don't worry it's your package. I'm not FedEx."

bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers 

2seaoat

I checked my Fed Ex drop off list, and your home is one of three in Gulf Breeze.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I have never had a problem with UPS. I have had problems with FedEx delivering packages to me....packages that aren't mine. I find them on my porch and have to distribute them to my neighbors.

I checked my Fed Ex drop off list, and your home is one of three in Gulf Breeze.

Dammit! I guess I work for Fed Ex.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

OtherShoe, most of my experiences with UPS have been positive, but last month I was expecting delivery of my new Kindle Fire by two day mail.

When I checked the tracking number, it said the package and been delivered to the recipient, when it most definitely had not.

I called Amazon, and they shipped another Kindle Fire immediately.

The next day, the first Kindle Fire arrived in my mailbox. However, Amazon had quite reasonably shut it down so I couldn't register it.

That afternoon, UPS delivered the OTHER Kindle Fire to my door.

I sent the first Kindle back to Amazon. At least UPS was willing to pick it up at our door, and we didn't have to pay postage.

Markle

Markle

Wow...whole lot of people grousing and bitchin' about...nothing.

Meanwhile, ObamaCare and the government is crashing and folks try to divert attention to a package...left on the outside of an outside swinging door. WOW...that's an offense worthy of a fine and at least 90 days imprisonment.

Tell me, when you come home and the package is on the outside of an outside swinging door...are you NOT going to notice it there trying to open the front door?

The sickest and most at risk have been trying to register for weeks. Yet no complaints about that SNAFU.

To be honest there isn't much my bitching will do to cure the government's ills.  Sorry.  I will work on it.  Maybe I can have fixed by nest week. I am on furlough this week.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Markle wrote:Wow...whole lot of people grousing and bitchin' about...nothing.

Meanwhile, ObamaCare and the government is crashing and folks try to divert attention to a package...left on the outside of an outside swinging door.  WOW...that's an offense worthy of a fine and at least 90 days imprisonment.

Tell me, when you come home and the package is on the outside of an outside swinging door...are you NOT going to notice it there trying to open the front door?

The sickest and most at risk have been trying to register for weeks.  Yet no complaints about that SNAFU.
Markle there is more going on in some of our lives other than a government shutdown. I would go completely insane if I sat around all day with nothing on my mind but this shutdown.

If this consumes you 24/7 then you have far too much time on your hands to the point of obsession.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:To be honest there isn't much my bitching will do to cure the government's ills.  Sorry.  I will work on it.  Maybe I can have fixed by nest week. I am on furlough this week.
Please just relax....it's your paid furlough.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 10/15/2013, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Only Mr. Markle could turn a thread about deliveries into a political thread....he must work part time for UPS during the holiday rush period because he delivered the wrong message here.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:To be honest there isn't much my bitching will do to cure the government's ills.  Sorry.  I will work on it.  Maybe I can have fixed by nest week. I am on furlough this week.
Please just relax....it's your pain furlough.

I know but the pressure is getting too me. If my work involves me not doing anything, then what am i supposed to do when I am not working.? Doing nothing is just like work and damn if I am going to work all the time. I need a break.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Please just relax....it's your pain furlough.

I know but the pressure is getting too me.  If my work involves me not doing anything, then what am i supposed to do when I am not working.?  Doing nothing is just like work and damn if I am going to work all the time.  I need a break.

Dammit!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum