Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another of Mobile's contributions to classic rock and roll.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The great guitar riff you hear in this classic rock and roll record was performed by Mobile native Jody Williams.

2seaoat

Born in Mobile....moved to Chicago at 5........Chicago Blues influence.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:moved to Chicago at 5
Technicalities. lol

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

But unfortunately it was appropriated by Mickey Baker. Williams record company took legal action and Williams was neither awarded credit or compensation.

It is a sad story that in the music industry others can steal your work without any consequences.

I find it interesting that we consider Mobile alabama almost a sister city or extension of Pensacola. I am very guilty of doing the same. The fact that is in a different state and is over 50 miles away doesn't seem to affect my Logic that it is a suburb of Pensacola. LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:I find it interesting that we consider Mobile alabama almost a sister city or extension of Pensacola.  I am very guilty of doing the same.  The fact that is in a different state and is over 50 miles away doesn't seem to affect my Logic that it is a suburb of Pensacola.  LOL  
Many folks don't realize that the three adjacent counties,  Mobile,  Baldwin and Escambia have a combined population of almost a million people.

Mobile County 412,000
Baldwin County 182,000
Escambia County 297,000

Total  891,000

That's not that far different from the metropolitan population of New Orleans which is 1,227,000. And that includes eight counties (parishes) to make up the metro New Orleans population.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum