Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PBS's Tavis Smiley: 'Black People Will Have Lost Ground in Every Single Economic Indicator' Under Obama

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VectorMan

VectorMan

PBS's Tavis Smiley made a comment Thursday that every African-American as well as liberal media member should sit up and take notice.

Appearing on Fox News's Hannity, Smiley said, "The data is going to indicate sadly that when the Obama administration is over, black people will have lost ground in every single leading economic indicator category".

SEAN HANNITY, HOST: My last question to you. You often do these seminars with the state of black America. I've watched them on C-Span and different channels, right?

TAVIS SMILEY: Right.

HANNITY: Are black Americans better off five years into the Obama presidency?

SMILEY: Let me answer your question very forthrightly. No, they are not. The data is going to indicate sadly that when the Obama administration is over, black people will have lost ground in every single leading economic indicator category. On that regard, the president ought to be held responsible.

But here's the other side. I respect the president. I will protect the president. And I will correct the president. He's right on this government shutdown. Republicans are thwarting the rule of law with the Constitution. If they let this debt go into default, they're trampling again on the Constitution.

Wow!

Now to be fair to Smiley, he has been hard on the president concerning how his policies are economically damaging the black community, but this is the first time I believe he's been this harsh on national television with such a large audience.

Sadly, he's right.

So why would this community re-elect someone doing so much damage to them economically?

Is it possible they're not aware of it because most liberal media members other than Smiley aren't reporting it?

Hmmm.

Video at the link:
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/10/11/tavis-smiley-black-people-will-have-lost-ground-every-single-economic#ixzz2hSPJgKs5

VectorMan wrote:PBS's Tavis Smiley made a comment Thursday that every African-American as well as liberal media member should sit up and take notice.

Appearing on Fox News's Hannity, Smiley said, "The data is going to indicate sadly that when the Obama administration is over, black people will have lost ground in every single leading economic indicator category".

SEAN HANNITY, HOST: My last question to you. You often do these seminars with the state of black America. I've watched them on C-Span and different channels, right?

TAVIS SMILEY: Right.

HANNITY: Are black Americans better off five years into the Obama presidency?

SMILEY: Let me answer your question very forthrightly. No, they are not. The data is going to indicate sadly that when the Obama administration is over, black people will have lost ground in every single leading economic indicator category. On that regard, the president ought to be held responsible.

But here's the other side. I respect the president. I will protect the president. And I will correct the president. He's right on this government shutdown. Republicans are thwarting the rule of law with the Constitution. If they let this debt go into default, they're trampling again on the Constitution.

Wow!

Now to be fair to Smiley, he has been hard on the president concerning how his policies are economically damaging the black community, but this is the first time I believe he's been this harsh on national television with such a large audience.

Sadly, he's right.

So why would this community re-elect someone doing so much damage to them economically?

Is it possible they're not aware of it because most liberal media members other than Smiley aren't reporting it?

Hmmm.

Video at the link:
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/10/11/tavis-smiley-black-people-will-have-lost-ground-every-single-economic#ixzz2hSPJgKs5
None will respond. They will call him an Uncle Tom and a liar.

VectorMan

VectorMan

I hear ya.

A black conservative should never have a real public voice. Doesn't fit the libtard mold/agenda.

Assholes!

2seaoat

I will respond. What he said was true. Now, tell me what policy or policies caused that decline? When did this decline start, and what was the cause? Think real hard boyz...........the answers may not please your theory, but the truth is right in front of your nose.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I will respond.   What he said was true.   Now, tell me what policy or policies caused that decline?    When did this decline start, and what was the cause?   Think real hard boyz...........the answers may not please your theory, but the truth is right in front of your nose.
ObamaCare, tax increases massive numbers of new regulations, dividing Americans against Americans, massive increases in our debt, total confusion in our government and no trust in our government doing what they say, loss of respect from friends and enemies alike around the world.

And the list goes on....

NaNook

NaNook

2seaoat wrote:I will respond.   What he said was true.   Now, tell me what policy or policies caused that decline?    When did this decline start, and what was the cause?   Think real hard boyz...........the answers may not please your theory, but the truth is right in front of your nose.
The cause was the Clinton DOJ requiring banks to under-write mortgages to people who couldn't afford them. Otherwise the banks couldn't under-write car loans in minority areas. Plus, the Banks would be fined. Just look at JPM now.

Banks love to finance cars in high ethnic areas. GM is doing sub-prime loans for autos now......where is our 30-50 Billion Dollar Tax-Payer Repayment?

Chrysler to Invest 1.25 Billion in Two Mexican Facilities

http://manufacturing.automotive-business-review.com/news/chrysler-invests-125bn-in-two-mexican-facilities-111013

merican automobile manufacturer Chrysler Group has invested $1.25bn in two facilities in Saltillo in Mexican state of Coahuila, a move which created 1,570 jobs.

Of the total investment, about $1.08bn was spent in building of the new Van Assembly Plant for the production of the Ram ProMaster commercial vehicle.

The Ram ProMaster vehicles assembled at the facility will feature a modern six-speed automatic transmission, advanced security systems and vertical space for easy loading, and will be in Mexico, Canada and the US.

Van Assembly Plant and North Engine Plant will generate more than 1,100 and 470 new jobs, respectively.

VectorMan

VectorMan

You explain the decline. That circular logic shit doesn't work on me. Even when it's right in front of my nose. Does it give you the opportunity to play your worn out old race card? Again?

2seaoat

The economy was driven into the ditch in 2008 summer. President Obama has slowly been driving it out of the ditch. Minorities are always the first laid off, and the last rehired. Pretty simple stuff.

VectorMan

VectorMan

2seaoat wrote:The economy was driven into the ditch in 2008 summer.   President Obama has slowly been driving it out of the ditch.   Minorities are always the first laid off, and the last rehired.  Pretty simple stuff.
But, Obama is still a "good guy" no matter what? Is that what you're saying?

Sorry. I'm not buying your BS!

Just sayin'.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
ObamaCare, tax increases massive numbers of new regulations, dividing Americans against Americans, massive increases in our debt, total confusion in our government and no trust in our government doing what they say, loss of respect from friends and enemies alike around the world.

And the list goes on....
You are a stone cold liar.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

NaNook wrote:
The cause was the Clinton DOJ requiring banks to under-write mortgages to people who couldn't afford them. Otherwise the banks couldn't under-write car loans in minority areas. Plus, the Banks would be fined. Just look at JPM now.

Banks love to finance cars in high ethnic areas. GM is doing sub-prime loans for autos now......where is our 30-50 Billion Dollar Tax-Payer Repayment?
It wasn't the banks that originated these loans. It was startup mortgage companies that were unregulated. Countrywide was probably the biggest offender. And it might not have been a problem if the mortgage lenders and the banks didn't have an easy out...selling their mortgage products on the open market. And then the products were bundled into toxic assets, which somehow managed to receive a AAA designation from the ratings agencies. If any of you right-wing idiots had a clue as to how these things work, you'd be hopping mad. But instead you're just brainwashed.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
NaNook wrote:

It wasn't the banks that originated these loans.  It was startup mortgage companies that were unregulated.  Countrywide was probably the biggest offender.  And it might not have been a problem if the mortgage lenders and the banks didn't have an easy out...selling their mortgage products on the open market.  And then the products were bundled into toxic assets, which somehow managed to receive a AAA designation from the ratings agencies.  If any of you right-wing idiots had a clue as to how these things work, you'd be hopping mad.  But instead you're just brainwashed.
You never will face the truth will you. Really, it explains a lot about you.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
NaNook wrote:

It wasn't the banks that originated these loans.  It was startup mortgage companies that were unregulated.  Countrywide was probably the biggest offender.  And it might not have been a problem if the mortgage lenders and the banks didn't have an easy out...selling their mortgage products on the open market.  And then the products were bundled into toxic assets, which somehow managed to receive a AAA designation from the ratings agencies.  If any of you right-wing idiots had a clue as to how these things work, you'd be hopping mad.  But instead you're just brainwashed.
You never will face the truth will you.  Really, it explains a lot about you.
It does. She is not wrapped tight. Libtard through and through.

Oh well it happens. Thank God these types are a minority.

But, God help us, they are led on by the ignorance of their own mind trap.

2seaoat

American automobile manufacturer Chrysler Group has invested $1.25bn in two facilities in Saltillo in Mexican state of Coahuila, a move which created 1,570 jobs.

I lived there in 1975. It has eternal spring climate wise and has the traditional town square. I would throw my shoes up to knock down pecans on the town square. I had to try to rescue a young boy who had slipped into the pond they had at the town square. Sadly we pulled him out and could not revive him from the warm water. A very sad day in my life because I was searching the bottom five feet from where we eventually found him and just three minutes earlier the child would have lived.

The Americans who were down there in 1975 were part of the old International Harvester company. They had a pretty good contingency, and I do not know if its successor in interest Navistar still has that plant. Good people and traditional values. I am happy for Saltillo. It is about 45 minutes south of Monterrey which has a huge industrial base. Saltillo I have visited only once since my days as a student, and I visited the family I lived with. I went from 205 lbs to 169lbs which was not a good loss of weight, but I tried to live on the calories they were eating. I finally had to supplement my caloric intake because I was wasting away. The Mexican bakeries were very good with non refined sugar and fresh fruits incorporated into their baked goods. It was a very good experience in my life, and I really enjoyed the medical students and Americans working at the Harvester plant. Culture shock can be overwhelming. The American plants in Mexico however, need to return to America. I did see the chrysler plant in Belvidere Il. kicking butt with the plant parking lot filled with worker cars. All good for America, but I just do not know how we get these plants back. Saltillo has a long tradition of American plants.

Chrysler still owes us tax payers about the same amount they just invested in mexican jobs.

VectorMan wrote:I hear ya.

A black conservative should never have a real public voice. Doesn't fit the libtard mold/agenda.

Assholes!
I watch Smiley occasionally. Tavis Smiley is not happy with Obama because Obama has not been liberal enough. Exactly opposite of why you hate him. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Smiley certainly has a point about how the Great Recession has affected poor people more than it has affected rich people.  I cannot argue especially when I read how the rich are getting richer, while the poor get poorer. And how there has never been a better time to be a corporation in this country right now. U.S. corporations are enjoying record profits.  I noticed that neither Smiley or Hannity could cite specific examples of how this black President and his policies have specifically hurt blacks.  They only discussed that if is a hard time for the working, black poor in this country and I agree.

What is truly comical is how you are soooo desperate to find anyone of any color to say something denigrating about the black President. And then you think you found something, but it really did not say what you wanted it to say. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
BTW, VectorBoy sure has a way with words!!!!!

"Not all conservatives are stupid; but almost all stupid people are conservative."

VectorMan

VectorMan

You libtards sure love to throw that "hate" word around. But, lets be clear here. I "DESPISE" Obama, his agenda and his supporters. Then again, if you need to get YOUR hate-on, just hate away! LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum