Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hypothetical question: How dysfunctional does this federal government have to become before the citizenry becomes morally justified, morally obligated even, to take up arms against it?

+5
dumpcare
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
cool1
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Before we discuss this,  no I'm not a traitor who wants to overthrow the government or advocate doing it.
The truth is that the Founding Fathers of our country did this.  They overthrew a government.  So before any NSA's or CIA's or FBI's or Navy Seals or Army Rangers or Eagle Scouts or men in black or anybody else comes to arrest me,  let's make it clear that this is ONLY hypothetical for reasons of discussion.

But there is a point at which the citizenry becomes morally obligated to take up arms against a government,  any government,  because,  as I said,  that's what the Founding Fathers did and that's why they gave us the 2nd Amendment.

So the question is,  how fucked up and out of control does this government have to get for that time to come?
Would a debt default do it?

cool1

cool1

I don't know --Is it going to take all of us to travel to Obamas house and wake him up --Because a million man march is nothing compared to pissed off Americans

It won't take force... although I'm sure there will be plenty of violence and chaos as we saw in the occupy idiots.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

When the government starts executing unarmed people without a trial for the least infraction. Then celebrating it.

cool1

cool1

why does everyone think because a president is elected ---- that your going to go along with every one of his ideas---Most Americans aren't liking this at all --we elect presidents to listen to the people not shove crap down our throats we don't want .

King Obama ---so stupid --you cant make decisions for yourself you have to do everything thing he says because he is president Laughing 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Don't like the way the elections turned out?
I didn't particularly care for the limited choices, obama or romney. And I don't have much regard for our current congressman.
But no, that's not what inspires this thread.

Sal

Sal

cool1 wrote:why does everyone think because a president is elected ---- that your going to go along with every one of his ideas---Most Americans aren't liking this at all --we elect presidents to listen to the people not shove crap down our throats we don't want .

King Obama ---so stupid --you cant make decisions for yourself you have to do everything thing he says because he is president Laughing 
Stupid?

Really??

I guess you don't like Democracy much.

Democracy should not be a process of hostage taking to achieve an outcome you can't get from the ballot box.

Using government shutdowns and threats to destroy the U.S. and world economies as leverage to force a minority favored outcome is not how Democracy is supposed to work.

But then, Democracy can really only work when the electorate understands what's going on and what's at stake.

So, really YOU are the problem ...

... because YOU are a moron.

dumpcare

The govt is already and has been at the dysfunctional level you are referring to.

Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:why does everyone think because a president is elected ---- that your going to go along with every one of his ideas---Most Americans aren't liking this at all --we elect presidents to listen to the people not shove crap down our throats we don't want .

Stupid?

Really??

I guess you don't like Democracy much.

Democracy should not be a process of hostage taking to achieve an outcome you can't get from the ballot box.

Using government shutdowns and threats to destroy the U.S. and world economies as leverage to force a minority favored outcome is not how Democracy is supposed to work.

But then, Democracy can really only work when the electorate understands what's going on and what's at stake.

So, really YOU are the problem ...

... because YOU are a moron.
democracy isn't the gov going against the will of the people either. better go look it up. obamacare was pushed down our throats. That's not the will of the people, that's totalitarianism.

cool1

cool1

awww Sal sticks and stones --all you know how to do is call names so sad!
Obamas the Moron and a good one at that .

Last edited by cool1 on 10/7/2013, 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Ensuring our freedumbz by promoting rearguard actions to undermine Democracy ...

... what a country.

Rolling Eyes 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:The govt is already and has been at the dysfunctional level you are referring to.
Well no actually it's never been so dysfunctional that it defaults on the debt and puts us all in misery as a result.

Sal

Sal

What is it with you wingnutz, and the fixation on things being "shoved down your throats"?

It's a constant refrain.

Y'all have some issues.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:The govt is already and has been at the dysfunctional level you are referring to.
Well no actually it's never been so dysfunctional that it defaults on the debt and puts us all in misery as a result.

You're right.

We're seeing something new.

It's hostage taking to achieve a goal that couldn't be accomplished at the ballot box.

It's undemocratic, and frankly, treasonous.

The Republicans are economic terrorists.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:What is it with you wingnutz, and the fixation on things being "shoved down your throats"?

It's a constant refrain.

Y'all have some issues.
King George said the same thing to George Washington.  But George didn't cowtow to it.  If I had to put up with wooden teeth in my mouth I would be a lot more rebellious like he was.  I can't imagine how maddening it would be to have a splinter in my cheek. And no medicare doctor to remove it.

Sal wrote:Ensuring our freedumbz by promoting rearguard actions to undermine Democracy ...

... what a country.

Rolling Eyes 
supporting a gov that goes against the will of the people. that's treasonness. Rolling Eyes 

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:Ensuring our freedumbz by promoting rearguard actions to undermine Democracy ...

... what a country.

Rolling Eyes 
supporting a gov that goes against the will of the people. that's treasonness. Rolling Eyes 

What "will of the people" are you referring to, Chrissy?

Take your time placing that ball on the tee.

Very Happy 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wanted a serious discussion about this, Sal. Not a lesson in Goofy Golf. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I wanted a serious discussion about this,  Sal.  Not a lesson in Goofy Golf.  lol

I'm as serious as a heart-attack, Bob.

People need to wake the fuck up, already.

cool1

cool1

speaking of the ballot box --why not let the people vote on the thing -just the people -why not ? I think hes to scared to let the people vote on this .

I mean if we have to pay money and not know what we are getting why not let the Americans vote on it --do you want this or not ?

But he wont do that he knows what would happen.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

I'm as serious as a heart-attack, Bob.

People need to wake the fuck up, already.

Actually when I woke up this morning I turned on the tv and it was telling me that Alec Baldwin will now have a primetime tv show on MSNBC to talk politics. In the promo trailer for it he's hugging Ed Schultz.

Our media has now devolved into full out wrastlin.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Alex Baldwin was really good in Red October and the remake of Getaway.
And he was also a hoot in the best radio confrontation in the history of the medium. That was when he said Mark Levin was Sean Hannity's "cabin boy".
That didn't go over well with Hannity since Hannity calls Levin "The Great One".

knothead

knothead

cool1 wrote:speaking of the ballot box --why not let the people vote on the thing -just the people -why not ?   I think hes to scared to let the people vote on this .

I mean if we have to pay money and not know what we are getting why not let the Americans vote on it --do you want this or not ?

But he wont do that he knows what would happen.  
cool, there was a ballot box on the PPACA . . . . . the election of 2012, remember? In fact, it was the central theme and platform of Obama and in opposition was Gov. Romney, remember? Obama won the election, hence, Obamacare had a jury trial at the ballot box and Obama won . . . . . end of story! It's not complicated . . . Rolling Eyes 

Nekochan

Nekochan

I am sorry to say that knot is right.  People voted for Obama again and so this is what we have.   And we have a worthless Congress that also cannot come up with a budget.  

So we have Obama and his "care" and when Nancy Pelosi said that they'd have to vote on it first and then read what's in it....she should have said that they'd have to vote on it and then wait several years to see what it would actually be like. 

Putting off the mandate for a year doesn't sound like a bad idea given the problems that the Obamacare system seems to be having.   And just from reading some news stories it seems that Obamacare might not be the savior of the health care system that it was made out to be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum