Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will corn break the bank?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Will corn break the bank? Empty Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 8:31 am

With the ongoing drought seriously affecting this years corn crop when will the Obama administration reduce the requirement for a large percentage of available grain to be used in producing ethanol? One expert suggests a 3-4% decline in supply could result in a 40-50% rise in food prices. Reducing government mandated quotas for corn-to-ethanol would ease that burden.

2Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 8:51 am

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

The President is too busy campaigning and raising money to run the country. He will take this up sometime in after the election when he has more time.

3Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 8:55 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think it's crazy that corn is being used to make fuel.

4Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 9:44 am

nochain wrote:With the ongoing drought seriously affecting this years corn crop when will the Obama administration reduce the requirement for a large percentage of available grain to be used in producing ethanol? One expert suggests a 3-4% decline in supply could result in a 40-50% rise in food prices. Reducing government mandated quotas for corn-to-ethanol would ease that burden.

This would require an Energy Policy....Has this administration even proposed such a policy other than to block the Keystone project which would also create JOBS....Is there a real Energy Secretary?...

5Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 10:02 am

I keep seeing reports that food prices may increase 5%. That's ALL?

Maybe it is the mainstream media trying not to be alarmists. Personally, I think prices will go up a lot more... maybe 15-20%

Last edited by Yomama on 8/1/2012, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 10:23 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

With any luck at all, that corn that is drying up in the fields is Monsanto GM corn, which is, according to my sources, not fit for human or animal consumption.

Ethanol has been around since the early 19th Century. Ethanol subsidies have been in place since long before President Obama took office.

http://www.fuel-testers.com/ethanol_fuel_history.html

Another day...another pile on the President. I bet none of you have ever petitioned the White House (at WhiteHoust.gov) to end the subsidies on ethanol.

7Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 10:25 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Newsfan wrote:
nochain wrote:With the ongoing drought seriously affecting this years corn crop when will the Obama administration reduce the requirement for a large percentage of available grain to be used in producing ethanol? One expert suggests a 3-4% decline in supply could result in a 40-50% rise in food prices. Reducing government mandated quotas for corn-to-ethanol would ease that burden.

This would require an Energy Policy....Has this administration even proposed such a policy other than to block the Keystone project which would also create JOBS....Is there a real Energy Secretary?...

We had enough of an energy policy from Cheney's Energy Task Force, which relied heavily on ENRON and war.

8Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 10:39 am

Floridatexan wrote:With any luck at all, that corn that is drying up in the fields is Monsanto GM corn, which is, according to my sources, not fit for human or animal consumption.

Ethanol has been around since the early 19th Century. Ethanol subsidies have been in place since long before President Obama took office.

Another day...another pile on the President. I bet none of you have ever petitioned the White House (at WhiteHoust.gov) to end the subsidies on ethanol.

You can't possibly be this dense. Who else has the ability to alter the ethanol requirement - how is that "piling it on"? Who cares how long ethanol has been around? We are talking about RIGHT NOW and you bring up Cheney and Monsanto GM corn for whatever quivering ultra-liberal reason you dreamed you have. And by the way, it was your precious Obamas USDA that recently green lighted several varieties of Monsanto genetically altered seed. So, you are piling it on yourself hypocrite.

9Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 10:47 am

nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:With any luck at all, that corn that is drying up in the fields is Monsanto GM corn, which is, according to my sources, not fit for human or animal consumption.

You can't possibly be this dense. Who else has the ability to alter the ethanol requirement - how is that "piling it on"? Who cares how long ethanol has been around? We are talking about RIGHT NOW and you bring up Cheney and Monsanto GM corn for whatever quivering ultra-liberal reason you dreamed you have. And by the way, it was your precious Obamas USDA that recently green lighted several varieties of Monsanto genetically altered seed. So, you are piling it on yourself hypocrite.

"You can't possibly be this dense"...'nochain' to 'FT'.....Response to 'nochain'....Wanna Bet!!!...Read some of the rants from 'FT'...dense is KIND...

10Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 10:57 am

[quote="Newsfan"]
nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:With any luck at all, that corn ultra-liberal reason you dreamed you have. And by the way, it was your precious Obamas USDA that recently green lighted several varieties of Monsanto genetically altered seed. So, you are piling it on yourself hypocrite.

"You can't possibly be this dense"...'nochain' to 'FT'.....Response to 'nochain'....Wanna Bet!!!...Read some of the rants from 'FT'...dense is KIND...

FT does make it kind of difficult to be even a little civil since she has an extraordinarily narrow one track mind and never saw a FACT that could be overlooked to defend that empty suit infesting the WH. Blame Bush.

11Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 12:29 pm

no stress

no stress

Nekochan wrote:I think it's crazy that corn is being used to make fuel.

Absolutely! Corn is the worst raw material to convert to ethanol. Brazil grows cane for its ethanol industry and the yield in ethanol from cane is way more than that of corn.

12Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 1:07 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Right, there are more efficient ways.
What a waste of good food, in using corn!

13Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/1/2012, 1:09 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

FT, some people have been pushing this corn ethanol thing for what--30 years or more? It was stupid then and it's stupid now.

14Will corn break the bank? Empty Re: Will corn break the bank? 8/2/2012, 1:10 am

Markle

Markle

Nekochan wrote:I think it's crazy that corn is being used to make fuel.

What does it say about a nation which burns its food supply for fuel?

Progressives are always shouting from the rooftops how compassionate they are toward low and middle class workers.

At the same time, they push for corn to be burned for fuel, driving up food prices, energy prices and gas prices. All of which hurt the low and middle class the most.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum