Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any chess players out there registered on chess.com?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Up for a game?

I'll play you.

and if I win, you delete me.

fair enough?

come on, one silly game

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Boards,

No kidding. I'm probably the best chess player here. I played six games Friday and won a six. Took 2nd place in a tournament several years ago. But I'm not a big fan of internet chess. If you would like to play. PM me and we can work out a real game or 10 if you're in the area.

I love playing chess. One of my favorite passtimes.

im signed up, my name there is randybandit

my daddy taught me how to play when i was 2

boards of FL

boards of FL

ghandi wrote:Boards,

No kidding. I'm probably the best chess player here. I played six games Friday and won a six. Took 2nd place in a tournament several years ago. But I'm not a big fan of internet chess. If you would like to play. PM me and we can work out a real game or 10 if you're in the area.

I love playing chess. One of my favorite passtimes.

Just register on chess.com and post up your username. I'll send the game request.

boards of FL

boards of FL

KARMA wrote:im signed up, my name there is randybandit

my daddy taught me how to play when i was 2

Game invite sent.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I'm registered as ghandiwithagun.

Now what? My first time here. I used to play on yahoo/games years ago so if it's like that, no problem.

boards of FL

boards of FL

ghandi wrote:I'm registered as ghandiwithagun.

Now what? My first time here. I used to play on yahoo/games years ago so if it's like that, no problem.

Game invite sent.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Does your chess.com name begin with w? Don't want to accept the wrong invite.

boards of FL wrote:
ghandi wrote:I'm registered as ghandithagun.

Game invite sent.

boards of FL

boards of FL

ghandi wrote:Does your chess.com name begin with w? Don't want to accept the wrong invite.

boards of FL wrote:

Game invite sent.

It does.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Do these games really take days to play and hours per move? I'm ok with that. Allows me to hit the sack in an hour. I have to work in the morning.

Yahoo ganes were pretty quick.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

You don't mind if we staer today and finish tomorrow? I don't mind.

boards of FL wrote:
ghandi wrote:Does your chess.com name begin with w? Don't want to accept the wrong invite.

boards of FL wrote:

Game invite sent.

It does.

boards of FL

boards of FL

ghandi wrote:Do these games really take days to play and hours per move? I'm ok with that. Allows me to hit the sack in an hour. I have to work in the morning.

Yahoo ganes were pretty quick.

A game usually takes a day or two.

boards of FL

boards of FL

If you have a smartphone, you can download the chess.com app that will notify you when your opponent moves.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Boards,

Enjoying the game but it's bed time for me. Work tomorrow. Pick it up sometime tomorrow? Thanks again for this. Much better than yahoo games.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sounds good.

Markle

Markle

I haven't played since I was in school. I managed to get suspended from high school for playing chess in the library during a study period. My folks NEVER believed that's what I was doing to get a suspension. Now kids get a Lewinsky in the library and no one cares....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My favorite board game is Acey Ducey Backgammon. I have been playing it online at this site since 2003:

http://gammonsoft.serveftp.net:8080/games/gameselect.jsp

I also play Scrabble at pogo.com

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Just in case any other posters are interested: We're still playing. He has a better attack plan than I do, I'm on the run but not retreating without a fight.

It reminds me of the forum. I keep getting attacked and responding to the attacks as best as I can.

I haven't played in years. When I was on the debate team in high school, we debated the first half of the year... and we played chess the second half... amongst ourselves.

Y'all have fun.

I'm not much into games, but when Christine and I were working in different cities, we would get onto Google Scrabble and we had webcam windows open in a corner of the screen. It was a good way to communicate with my bride and have some competition at the same time.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Actually, he's on the verge of kicking my butt.

Yomama wrote:I haven't played in years. When I was on the debate team in high school, we debated the first half of the year... and we played chess the second half... amongst ourselves.

Y'all have fun.

I'm not much into games, but when Christine and I were working in different cities, we would get onto Google Scrabble and we had webcam windows open in a corner of the screen. It was a good way to communicate with my bride and have some competition at the same time.

boards of FL

boards of FL

The results. You can review the entire game here.

http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=56601606

Good game.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Thanks for the game. I really enjoyed it.

boards of FL wrote:The results. You can review the entire game here.

http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=56601606

Good game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum