Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CMPA fails to repay loan on time. Now has 20 years to pay the loan.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

But Reeves is now the Chairman so things might pick up a little bit.  I guess everyone has got all they can from this turnip.  I noticed that Collier and the boys are now trying to get into the airport food business.

It will interesting to watch the Tax situation if WUWF plays football at the stadium.  As of now the CMPA receives a big tax break because part of the time the Stadium is "public".  That will change if WUWF leases the stadium for any  length of time.  I guess Studer will make all the money(minus 20%) from the concessions?

The city’s Community Redevelopment Agency, which is composed of all nine City Council members, voted to allow the CMPA board to repay a $500,000 loan that was used to add enhancements to the amphitheater over 20 years.

The board lacks the immediate cash to pay back the $500,000, which was originally due in January.

The CRA will charge a 3 percent interest rate. The CMPA board had asked for zero interest but budgeted for the 3 percent rate in case.

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 10/3/2013, 2:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Wait! Wait! I got it!!! Just charge every one a $8.32 a ticket surcharge...As Gulfbeachbandit says "Do i have to think of every thing? LOL

You know whats sad, back when this whole boondoggle started I was against it. Not because I don't like the stadium, but because it was ALWAYS obvious Pensacola is not big enough or have enough wealthy public to support it. They were not even supporting the stadium.

Now I may be confused here about the two because honestly at this point I do not know if you are being sarcastic about ball park they built on the water or the actual stadium that was there before studervilles baseball park.

either way, I knew people who lived downtown and they really wanted it because they felt it would increase their property values. But I always knew it was going to be a leaky bowl that would drain away funds forever and ever. but then again, it always seemed liked pcola liked to waste funds on irrelevant entertainment artsy tartsy stuff downtown, so maybe the ball park from a waste, but finally the non artsy tartsy crowd got theirs?

Chrissy wrote:You know whats sad, back when this whole boondoggle started I was against it. Not because I don't like the stadium, but because it was ALWAYS obvious Pensacola is not big enough or have enough wealthy public to support it. They were not even supporting the stadium.

Now I may be confused here about the two because honestly at this point I do not know if you are being sarcastic about ball park they built on the water or the actual stadium that was there before studervilles baseball park.

either way, I knew people who lived downtown and they really wanted it because they felt it would increase their property values. But I always knew it was going to be a leaky bowl that would drain away funds forever and ever. but then again, it always seemed liked pcola liked to waste funds on irrelevant entertainment artsy tartsy stuff downtown, so maybe the ball park from a waste, but finally the non artsy tartsy crowd got theirs?

.....and if they (UWF and the stadium) can't support baseball, how in the HADES will they support football and its associated costs and lack of alumni to contribute?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I got some old motorcycle helmets they can have. Just need numbers painted on them.

Dirt track racing, monster trucks, motocross, and demolition derbies would probably fair better.

PkrBum wrote:Dirt track racing, monster trucks, motocross, and demolition derbies would probably fair better.
Run for mayor on that idea there. Youll win and there will be sellouts at every event.

Chrissy wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Dirt track racing, monster trucks, motocross, and demolition derbies would probably fair better.
Run for mayor on that idea there. Youll win and there will be sellouts at every event.
lol... I could never get elected in this day and age... I'm too blunt. But a real multi-use stadium would stand a chance of at minimum paying for itself.

The United States government provides many benefits to the members that are now serving or have serve in the past in the US military. Active and former members of the United States military can take advantages of benefits ranging from education incentives to compensation for disability occurred while in the military to even life insurance programs. One of the most used and most important is the Veteran Home Loan Program that provides assistance in financing a home loan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum