Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A SPECIAL THREAD FOR SAL ON A BEAUTIFUL COOL SATURDAY MORNING ON THE NORTHERN FLORIDA GULF COAST

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Kick back, pour a good cup of coffee and start reading, Sal. lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=baby+boomers+ruined+america&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=baby%20boomers%20ruined%20America&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial

https://www.google.com/search?q=baby+boomers+ruined+america&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=baby+boomers+ruined+THE+WORLD&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial

2seaoat

I think that the babyboomer generation was incredibly selfish, but much of the change in economics of the current generation have more to do with Economic theory than self indulgence, even though that is mostly true. The United States economic dominance post world war 2 dealt mostly with the productive capacity of the largest economies being in a shamble for a generation until the early 70s where we just banked the comparative economic advantage.

The economic advantage turned to an acute disadvantage as the 70-80 period saw us transcending from a productive industrial machine to a rust belt economy where those nations in shambles invested in newer technologies and began to beat us in price and productivity. The babyboom generation had not taken the reins of our economy in the 70s and 80s but were good little consumers who just pushed the financialization of our economy, but the greatest generation was still in charge in 1980 when terrible political and economic choices were made......but yes, the boomers share that responsibility.

Sorry. I had no idea my opulent life style and greed would cause so much trouble.

Sal

Sal

Baseball all day today, Bob.

No time to worry about you geezers.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:Baseball all day today, Bob.

No time to worry about you geezers.
We obviously weren't even a tad worried about you....

Why are people giving the baby boomer generation such a hard time?

the boomers were the HARDEST working group in our history. The most productive, most committed.

unfortunately for many boomers they bought into a lie. They were told that when they got old that Social security would allow them to manage. So a lot of them didn't plan. but a LOT did. More of them I bet planned than any other current generation. I haven't looked but I bet so.

so why all of a sudden all the hate for this generation?

I know why, because the current younger folks we have are a bunch of greedy assed spoiled rotten little children and they will kill off the old folks for a dollar. its comin folks....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

"...The babyboom generation had not taken the reins of our economy in the 70s and 80s but were good little consumers who just pushed the financialization of our economy, but the greatest generation was still in charge in 1980 when terrible political and economic choices were made......but yes, the boomers share that responsibility...."

You are so right about terrible political and economic choices made after 1980....Reagan commenced robbing the wealth of future generations by showing politicians how they could run large peacetime deficits and have low taxes at the same time. The government has followed the Reagan model ever since. Reagan was fooling us; complaining about how we needed to shrink the government, while he let it grow every year he was in office.

When they reach political power, the Millennial generation is going to fix America's fiscal problems, because they will have no choice. They will cut to the chase by going after Baby Boomer Social Security. They already know that their generation isn't getting any SS; at least not the way it is currently structured. They will have no problems with cutting the SS of their parents. The parents of the Baby Boomers (the Silent Generation, born between 1924 and 1942) is the last generation which will receive full Social Security, as it is currently structured.

Boomers who are still loaded with mortgage and credit card debt are totally screwed, because not even Social Security is going to provide them a margin of safety.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum