Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I saw a woman sneak stuff at Walmart but

+8
cool1
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
Markle
Sal
2seaoat
Ghost Rider
TEOTWAWKI
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Nekochan

Nekochan

I'm not sure there was much you could have done other than find a supervisor, but once she got outside the store, I think she was pretty much free.  I think the reason someone would go through the check out line with shoplifted items is so they can "play innocent" if caught with the extra stuff under their cart....and claim that they "forgot" about the stuff.   If they stole stuff without going through the check out line, and they were caught, they couldn't play innocent. 

I do agree with Ghost and Joani.  Shoplifting makes everything cost more for all of us.  Makes me angry!

cool1

cool1

Mr Ichi wrote:I would have ran after her an told her what I saw her do.  Then I would asked for 1/2 of the stuff for not saying anything.   Might even have asked for her phone number if she looked pretty hot.

Laughing  I would have got big eyed Shocked ---and watched then told superviser--that way she or he could go over training manual again.

Jake92

I would have said something to the cashier as soon as the customer left the register area.. The ones in front of you could be witnesses.. If you see a rape, are you going to keep quiet and let the rapist go??? Someone that allows a crime to happen is just as low life as the one that did the crime.. That is one of the biggest problems this country has and most criminals start out small and the crimes get bigger and bigger.....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Jake92 wrote:I would have said something to the cashier as soon as the customer left the register area..  The ones in front of you could be witnesses..  If you see a rape, are you going to keep quiet and let the rapist go???  Someone that allows a crime to happen is just as low life as the one that did the crime.. That is one of the biggest problems this country has and most criminals start out small and the crimes get bigger and bigger.....
j

Okay I will keep that in mind if ever I see someone being raped in Walmart I will tell a cashier.

boards of FL

boards of FL

In a Walmart I probably wouldn't say anything. If this were some sort of mom -and-pop, locally owned store, I would have said something.

Sal

Sal

The Waltons can afford it.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The Waltons aren't the ones paying for it. Their customers are.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

What was the shoplifters national heritage?

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:There was nothing you could have done.

Im sure walmart gets a nice tax break every year for loss.

out of curiosity, what were the items on the bottom that the person got away with? did you happen to see what the person purchased. im just nosey.
Comes right off their bottom line.  Where did you get the idea of a tax break for merchandise stolen?
You get to deduct losses.
Losses are not the same as theft.

They are on income taxes. I don't know where you get that. If you suffer a loss through theft,vandalism or what ever it is a deductible loss.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

out of curiosity, what were the items on the bottom that the person got away with? did you happen to see what the person purchased. im just nosey.
Comes right off their bottom line.  Where did you get the idea of a tax break for merchandise stolen?

They are on income taxes. I don't know where you get that. If you suffer a loss through theft,vandalism or what ever it is a deductible loss.
I had a $700 canoe stolen filed a police report...then come tax time Deducted the loss.....all good according to TurboTax

Markle

Markle

Sal, Boards of FL and TEOTWAWKI all seem to share the same lack character and morality.

Why is this not surprising?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:Sal, Boards of FL and TEOTWAWKI all seem to share the same lack character and morality.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone my pompous braying Pharisee.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

I had a $700 canoe stolen filed a police report...then come tax time Deducted the loss.....all good according to TurboTax
The company has a record of all the merchandise the store received since the previous annual inventory. Surprisingly, they also have the cost and retail price the merchandise SHOULD have come in through the cash registers.

If the store inventory shows the store should have had $100.00 in sales from merchandise which cost Walmart $75.00 they would should have a gross profit of $25.00. If the merchandise in question, were to sell for $10.00 each and one was stolen, they have income of $90.00 instead of $100.00 and their gross profit would be $15.00 instead of $25.00. After all their expenses, the net profit for a retail operation might be 15%, less corporate taxes.

If their income was $100.00 and their net profit was 15%, they would make $15.00...less taxes off those items. However, if they only received $90.00 their gross profit would be $5.00 on which they would pay corporate taxes.

So, in a way, it is a deduction since they will not pay taxes on that $10.00 which was stolen. At the 15% profit margin, the store would have to sell $66.00 in merchandise, at no profit to make up that stolen $10.00.

You deducted a specific item, your canoe. That was $700.00 you subtracted from your gross INCOME. If your tax rate was 20% more likely 15%, plus your SS share of 6% you did not pay $147.00 in tax that year.

The exact same taxes would apply had you EARNED $700.00 less.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Markle wrote:Sal, Boards of FL and TEOTWAWKI all seem to share the same lack character and morality.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone my pompous braying Pharisee.
Were these not your statements?

I guess you would have had to be there. The checkout girl was very young. Had I told a super I felt like the cashier might have gotten reamed...Didn't seem worth it to help the damned Waltons..

Yeah I didn't have a dog in the fight. Let WallyMart spend some money on better carts that won't let people 'accidentally" wander off with merchandise. My Morality is far above any NEOCON pile o shit drone loving baby killer asshole....there I feel better now…

Says everything we need to know.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

The company has a record of all the merchandise the store received since the previous annual inventory.  Surprisingly, they also have the cost and retail price the merchandise SHOULD have come in through the cash registers.

If the store inventory shows the store should have had $100.00 in sales from merchandise which cost Walmart $75.00 they would should have a gross profit of $25.00.  If the merchandise in question, were to sell for $10.00 each and one was stolen, they have income of $90.00 instead of $100.00 and their gross profit would be $15.00 instead of $25.00.  After all their expenses, the net profit for a retail operation might be 15%, less corporate taxes.

If their income was $100.00 and their net profit was 15%, they would make $15.00...less taxes off those items.  However, if they only received $90.00 their gross profit would be $5.00 on which they would pay corporate taxes.

So, in a way, it is a deduction since they will not pay taxes on that $10.00 which was stolen.  At the 15% profit margin, the store would have to sell $66.00 in merchandise, at no profit to make up that stolen $10.00.

You deducted a specific item, your canoe.  That was $700.00 you subtracted from your gross INCOME.  If your tax rate was 20% more likely 15%, plus your SS share of 6% you did not pay $147.00 in tax that year.

Well since I would have had to push my way through a couple of groups of shoppers and their carts in front of me to even speak to the cashier and it might make me look like an ass and cause someone to accost me violently over 10 dollars worth of merchandise and I am a peaceful person and don't wish to upset people that have done me no harm... Walmart can just write it off to public relations and charity.

I realize your girlfriend Janet Napolitano would want me to see something say something but hey I hated that wench.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

The company has a record of all the merchandise the store received since the previous annual inventory.  Surprisingly, they also have the cost and retail price the merchandise SHOULD have come in through the cash registers.

If the store inventory shows the store should have had $100.00 in sales from merchandise which cost Walmart $75.00 they would should have a gross profit of $25.00.  If the merchandise in question, were to sell for $10.00 each and one was stolen, they have income of $90.00 instead of $100.00 and their gross profit would be $15.00 instead of $25.00.  After all their expenses, the net profit for a retail operation might be 15%, less corporate taxes.

If their income was $100.00 and their net profit was 15%, they would make $15.00...less taxes off those items.  However, if they only received $90.00 their gross profit would be $5.00 on which they would pay corporate taxes.

So, in a way, it is a deduction since they will not pay taxes on that $10.00 which was stolen.  At the 15% profit margin, the store would have to sell $66.00 in merchandise, at no profit to make up that stolen $10.00.

You deducted a specific item, your canoe.  That was $700.00 you subtracted from your gross INCOME.  If your tax rate was 20% more likely 15%, plus your SS share of 6% you did not pay $147.00 in tax that year.

Well since I would have had to push my way through a couple of groups of shoppers and their carts in front of me to even speak to the cashier and it might make me look like an ass and cause someone to accost me violently over 10 dollars worth of merchandise and I am a peaceful person and don't wish to upset people that have done me no harm... Walmart can just write it off to public relations and charity.

I realize your girlfriend Janet Napolitano would want me to see something say something but hey I hated that wench.
Further confirming my point. Thank you!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

Further confirming my point.  Thank you!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Too bad you are the essence evil and support the slaughter of people, you are far more concerned over some crap from WalMart than drones killing children.. your Hypocrisy is glaring and enormous.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh for god sakes. Rolling Eyes 

Markle wrote:

They do get to write off a certain amount of deductions for losses. How do I know? I used to own a grocery store before I went into healthcare.

You will need a good CPA and I can assure you walmart has many.

Theft is listed under Casualty Loss Deduction
http://www.1040.com/federal-taxes/deductions/casualty-and-theft-losses/

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

Ok so what's your point,Markle? Millions are stolen from Walmart every year.It is still a loss they can deduct. WTH are you arguing about?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum