Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The human spirit is still alive.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Great story I can see why it appeals to a picker like yourself...thanks for sharing.

Thanks Bob!! "And we should not throw people away either" quote from the video

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The spoiled kids in this country wouldn't ever accept this. They are upset if mom doesn't get them the newest tennis shoes or Iphone. No we are an ungrateful country.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Beautiful story. Beautiful kids.

You're right, Teo. There is an entitlement mentality.

They are also here in America.  Kids making something out of nothing.  We just dont hear about them.  They manage to stay out of trouble so they never make the news. You see what you want to see.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:They are also here in America.  Kids making something out of nothing.  We just dont hear about them.  They manage to stay out of trouble so they never make the news.  You see what you want to see.  

Well if you see one of these grateful American kids take a picture of him and his frugality and I will send him $20.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I see a lot of what Teo described. Kids thinking they are entitled to things.

But I know you're right too, Ichi-san. The kids you speak of aren't seen whining about what they think they deserve.

Not long ago I was riding behing the Big Lots on Navy Blvd. There were 4 or 5 young guys with skateboards. they had a handsaw, a hammer and a old cordless drill. They were taking apart old pallets and old plywood that was from the dumpters and building a skating ramp.. They did a hell of a good job. I stopped and told them they did good work. One kid said"We could have done better but we ran out of screws" I gave them a few dollars and they took off to Wal Mart(across the street) to buy some.
I rode back by later on in the day and the LEOs were there making them take it down.. I guess the Store people did not like it. But the spirit is alive and well...
If I see them again I will pass on your offer.Very Happy 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:Not long ago I was riding behing the Big Lots on Navy Blvd.  There were 4 or 5 young guys with skateboards.  they had a handsaw, a hammer and a old cordless drill.  They were taking apart old pallets and old plywood that was from the dumpters and building a skating ramp.. They did a hell of a good job.  I stopped and told them they did good work.  One kid said"We could have done better but we ran out of screws"  I gave them a few dollars and they took off to Wal Mart(across the street) to buy some.  
I rode back by later on in the day and the LEOs were there making them take it down..  I guess the Store people did not like it.  But the spirit is alive and well...
If I see them again I will pass on your offer.Very Happy 

Hey 20 bucks could buy them a lot of screws but it wouldn't bail them outta jail...keep up the good work...that was really good of you to help those kids.

They helped me more than I helped them!! It restored my faith that not all young people are just helpless drones. But I also have to agree with you on how spoiled some kids are. Of course that is my Dad said of me LOL...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The spoiled kids in this country wouldn't ever accept this. They are upset if mom doesn't get them the newest tennis shoes or Iphone. No we are an ungrateful country.

My yard sale partner is a symphony musician whose day job is teaching music and band at a Brewton elementary school.
We often find string and brass instruments parents paid a lot of money for from retail music stores.  Often the child learns he/she has no interest in it and the parents unload the instruments at yard sale prices.
There are a lot of dirt poor kids in his band class.  Some really have potential and talent but their parents  can't afford the price of a new instrument.  So he lets them buy them at whatever it costs him and lets them pay for it with small monthly payments.

Nekochan

Nekochan

He is a good man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum