Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Johnny Football Is in Hot Water

+2
Ghost Rider
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

The NCAA is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet.

They rake in mountains of cash, but let one of the participants who actually generates that revenue try to wet his beak, and they'll do everything in their power to destroy him.

MIAMI -- The NCAA is investigating whether Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was paid for signing hundreds of autographs on photos and sports memorabilia in January, "Outside the Lines" has learned. Two sources tell "Outside the Lines" that the Texas A&M quarterback agreed to sign memorabilia in exchange for a five-figure flat fee during his trip to Miami for the Discover BCS National Championship. Both sources said they witnessed the signing, though neither saw the actual exchange of money.

Three sources said Manziel signed photographs, footballs, mini football helmets and other items at the request of an autograph broker named Drew Tieman. Two sources, who are aware of the signing arrangement, told "Outside the Lines" that Tieman approached Manziel on Jan. 6, when he landed at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport to attend the game between Alabama and Notre Dame the next day.

After that meeting, three sources said, Manziel, accompanied by his friend and personal assistant Nathan Fitch, visited Tieman's residence and signed hundreds of items in the main room of the apartment despite the fact that there were many people in the room. Before Manziel left South Florida, after taking in the title game, he signed hundreds of autographs more, one source said.

The source also told "Outside the Lines" that James Garland, the NCAA's assistant director of enforcement, in June contacted Tieman and at least one person associated with the signings. The source said Garland, who did not return calls from "Outside the Lines" for comment, told the person that he wanted to talk about Manziel signing items that had appeared for sale on eBay. An NCAA spokeswoman cited NCAA policy to "Outside the Lines" and declined to comment.

If the NCAA investigation finds that Manziel has violated NCAA Bylaw 12.5.2.1 -- accepting money for promoting or advertising the commercial sale of a product or service -- he could be ruled ineligible.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9537999/otl-ncaa-investigating-johnny-manziel-profiting-autographs

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Sal wrote:The NCAA is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet.

They rake in mountains of cash, but let one of the participants who actually generates that revenue try to wet his beak, and they'll do everything in their power to destroy him.

MIAMI -- The NCAA is investigating whether Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was paid for signing hundreds of autographs on photos and sports memorabilia in January, "Outside the Lines" has learned. Two sources tell "Outside the Lines" that the Texas A&M quarterback agreed to sign memorabilia in exchange for a five-figure flat fee during his trip to Miami for the Discover BCS National Championship. Both sources said they witnessed the signing, though neither saw the actual exchange of money.

Three sources said Manziel signed photographs, footballs, mini football helmets and other items at the request of an autograph broker named Drew Tieman. Two sources, who are aware of the signing arrangement, told "Outside the Lines" that Tieman approached Manziel on Jan. 6, when he landed at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport to attend the game between Alabama and Notre Dame the next day.

After that meeting, three sources said, Manziel, accompanied by his friend and personal assistant Nathan Fitch, visited Tieman's residence and signed hundreds of items in the main room of the apartment despite the fact that there were many people in the room. Before Manziel left South Florida, after taking in the title game, he signed hundreds of autographs more, one source said.

The source also told "Outside the Lines" that James Garland, the NCAA's assistant director of enforcement, in June contacted Tieman and at least one person associated with the signings. The source said Garland, who did not return calls from "Outside the Lines" for comment, told the person that he wanted to talk about Manziel signing items that had appeared for sale on eBay. An NCAA spokeswoman cited NCAA policy to "Outside the Lines" and declined to comment.

If the NCAA investigation finds that Manziel has violated NCAA Bylaw 12.5.2.1 -- accepting money for promoting or advertising the commercial sale of a product or service -- he could be ruled ineligible.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9537999/otl-ncaa-investigating-johnny-manziel-profiting-autographs

Well if he was profiting from signing autographs, then he was in clear violation of of NCAA rules and should be punished. Previous violators have received from 1 to 5 game suspension. That is what ESPN was discussing last night. Fascist or not, the NCAA has rule that are in place for a reason, break them and suffer the consequences.

It seems like since Manziel won the Heisman, he has been looking for trouble. He is an excellent QB and Heisman winner that I think he has allowed to go to his head.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The beginning of the 2013 college football season is just 24 days away!

Johnny Football Is in Hot Water Tumblr_ldp1k2YVoV1qapjfh

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

If this is true, he's an idiot.

Prolly looking for an out... some people are afraid to win.

He's not eligible for the NFL. He has not been in college long enough.

knothead

knothead

He is still one of the most exciting QB to watch I can recall . . . . .

2seaoat

My friends.....the sports guru will set you straight.....who cares.....it is all Ohio State this year......he is simply a historical footnote waiting to go pro next year.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:My friends.....the sports guru will set you straight.....who cares.....it is all Ohio State this year......he is simply a historical footnote waiting to go pro next year.

Now you are gonna get the 'Bama fans all pissed off......

You could be right, though..... Urban Meyer already has two crystal footballs to his credit. Maybe we will see a January, 2014 nail-biter between 'Bama and the Buckeyes......

2seaoat

Whats new....but my Auburn is nowhere near where they have to be....so it is Ohio State, and dissing Alabama until the Iron Bowl when Auburn takes them off the national stage.

Sal

Sal

Yeah ...

... cause the Big 10 has performed so impressively against the SEC in the past. 

lmao

The Buckeyes better hope they get somebody other than Bama in the championship game. 

They might have a chance. 

2seaoat

Bama has to get by Georgia, LSU, and well ok maybe a stretch this year.....but Auburn. I think Georgia is going to be really tough.

2seaoat wrote:My friends.....the sports guru will set you straight.....who cares.....it is all Ohio State this year......he is simply a historical footnote waiting to go pro next year.

Ohio errrrr choke state? Really?

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Bama has to get by Georgia, LSU, and well ok maybe a stretch this year.....but Auburn.   I think Georgia is going to be really tough.

lol

And, don't forget Kentucky. 

Also ran, all. 

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

You could be right, though..... Urban Meyer already has two crystal footballs to his credit. Maybe we will see a January, 2014 nail-biter between 'Bama and the Buckeyes......

....we all know that Urban can't coach without Tebow. Last year there was no pressure and a wimp schedule for OSU.

2seaoat

Ohio errrrr choke state? Really?

I hate Ohio State, but I respect the coach, and they have zero talent with Wisconsin and Penn State not showing that much, and Michigan has been lost forever. Easy schedule, good coaching, and they will get to the main show because of the politics of NCAA playoffs....Once they get there....who knows.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Okay, let the pre-season trash-talking begin...

I hope UF beats the snot out of FSU in the Swamp on November 30th!

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

....we all know that Urban can't coach without Tebow. Last year there was no pressure and a wimp schedule for OSU.

12-0....Not a bad record w/o Tebow!...The violations from last year were on Tressel's watch not Meyer's....Although an Ohio State fan this is not to say that they could've competed against Alabama....maybe better than ND did but we'll never know...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ohio state doesn't play anyone.  They could go undefeated and still wouldn't deserve to play for the national championship.  See Boise State.

Just imagine if Ohio State would have been eligible last year?  Ohio State and Notre Dame may have played for the championship.  (roaring laugh)

boards of FL

boards of FL

And that coaches poll ranking is laughable.  It should be....

1.  Alabama
2.  Texas A&M
3.  Oregon
4.  Georgia
5.  Stanford
6.  South Carolina
7.  Louisville
8.  LSU
0.  Florida
10. Clemson

Ohio State is not in the top 10.  The three coaches that gave them #1 votes have lost their minds.

boards of FL wrote:And that coaches poll ranking is laughable.  It should be....

1.  Alabama
2.  Texas A&M
3.  Oregon
4.  Georgia
5.  Stanford
6.  South Carolina
7.  Louisville
8.  LSU
0.  Florida
10. Clemson

Ohio State is not in the top 10.  The three coaches that gave them #1 votes have lost their minds.

And this is a display of your intelligence?....If it's your argument that the SEC is the best conference....that's a no brainer!...But to be so ignorant about excluding Ohio State shows your lacking of football intelligence...

2seaoat

1 Alabama (58) 1545
2 Ohio State (3) 1427
3 Oregon 1397
4 Stanford 1262
5 Georgia 1250

1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Oregon
4. LSU
5. Alabama

boards of FL

boards of FL

newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:And that coaches poll ranking is laughable.  It should be....

1.  Alabama
2.  Texas A&M
3.  Oregon
4.  Georgia
5.  Stanford
6.  South Carolina
7.  Louisville
8.  LSU
0.  Florida
10. Clemson

And this is a display of your intelligence?....If it's your argument that the SEC is the best conference....that's a no brainer!...But to be so ignorant about excluding Ohio State shows your lacking of football intelligence...

They squeaked by Michigan State by 1, Purdue in overtime, Wisconsin in overtime, and was seriously challenged by Michigan, who didn't deserve to be on the field with Alabama. Combine this with the fact that they never had any impressive wins over quality teams and, well...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Looks like Ohio State has another grueling schedule ahead of them!

Sat, Aug 31
vs
Buffalo
12:00 PM ET ESPN2 1,274 available from $90
Sat, Sept 7
vs
San Diego St
3:30 PM ET ABC ESPN2 1,179 available from $93
Sat, Sept 14
@
California
7:00 PM ET FOX 5,259 available from $59
Sat, Sept 21
vs
Florida A&M
TBD 1,286 available from $99
Sat, Sept 28
vs
Wisconsin
8:00 PM ET ABC ESPN 2,068 available from $143
Sat, Oct 5
@
Northwestern
8:00 PM ET ABC ESPN 1,621 available from $115
Sat, Oct 19
vs
Iowa
3:30 PM ET ABC ESPN 2,044 available from $113
Sat, Oct 26
vs
Penn St
8:00 PM ET ABC ESPN 1,597 available from $120
Sat, Nov 2
@
Purdue
TBD 3,980 available from $25
Sat, Nov 16
@
Illinois
TBD 2,189 available from $30
Sat, Nov 23
vs
Indiana
TBD 1,862 available from $99
Sat, Nov 30
@
Michigan
TBD 2,730 available from $223

boards of FL

boards of FL

For some context, this is Boise State's schedule.

Sat, Aug 31
@
Washington
10:00 PM ET FOX Sports 1 2,021 available from $150
Sat, Sept 7
vs
Tenn-Martin
3:00 PM ET  ESPN 3 499 available from $36
Fri, Sept 13
vs
Air Force
8:00 PM ET ESPN 646 available from $60