Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Willard's Summer 2012 Anglo-Saxon Magical Misery World Tour

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal
LOL!

Mitt Romney is off to a spectacularly bad start in London, at least according to the British press ridiculing the Republican candidate on his first major foreign trip.

British officials — and the newspapers that cover them — took offense to Romney questioning whether London is well-prepared to handle the security issues ahead of the summer games. Romney called the situation “disconcerting.” British Prime Minister David Cameron hit back, saying there is no doubt “Britain can deliver.”

“We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world,” Cameron added. “Of course it’s easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere.”

Then there was the issue of whether Romney forgot Labour leader Ed Miliband’s name, referring to him as “Mr. Leader.” All in all, “not a great day at the office,” Rupert Murdoch’s The Sun tabloid wrote.

Here’s how Romney’s visit to London played in the UK press.

The Financial Times played it relatively straight, writing: “Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican candidate for the US presidency, got off to a shaky start in his effort to show a statesmanlike profile when he seemed to get into a public spat with the UK prime minister over London’s readiness to host the Olympics.”

Even the BBC couldn’t help but get in on the fun. “Mr Romney is credited with rescuing the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City, now he’s appeared to question London’s readiness to host a successful olympics,” host George Alagiah said. Throwing it over to North America editor Mark Mardell, Alagiah said: “If (Romney’s) here to make friends, he’s got a funny way of showing it.”

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/romney-london-olympics-gaffes.php?ref=fpa

and

The Mitt Romney Summer 2012 World Tour to Three Countries is apparently having trouble moving tickets.

The London blogger Guido Fawkes reports that organizers of a Romney fundraising reception in the city this evening have slashed the original $2,500 ticket price to $1,000 for “a few last minute guests,” in an effort to drum up participation.

Fawkes quotes an email from organizers:

From: XXXX
Subject: romney dinner…..reduced price for last minute guests has been negotiated

As if questioning the enthusiasm of the British public wasn’t enough, Romney appeared to go on to denounce the whole of Europe, telling NBC: “We’re at a point here where we have two different roads we can go down. One leads to Europe. The other leads to the kind of dynamism and prosperity which has always characterised America.”

http://www.theweek.co.uk/olympics/london-2012/48176/mitt-romney-questions-londons-enthusiasm-olympics#ixzz21kCTVJPj

Guest


Guest
The poor British. First they had Oblamer seriously botch protocol during his toast to the Queen, gave her a box of DVDs and then an iPod. What a classy dude. Now if they can put up with Obama the Bumpkin Clown I'm sure they handle Romneys little gaffe with a typical British sense of humor.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
One would think that a blue blood like Mr. Mittens would just naturally have the grace and good manners not to say things that offend the host nation he is visiting, wouldn't you?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQY1Aw9zcs

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Meanwhile, Mrs. Mittens is strutting her stuff, Marie Antoinette style, by referring to voters who are curious about Mitt's finances as "you people."

And Mitt was caught yukking it up with his foreign policy advisor, Josh Bolton. If that doesn't curl or uncurl your hair, as the case may be, you're not really paying attention.

polecat

polecat
Pretty easy to see Mittens isn’t ready. For anything.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan wrote:
Meanwhile, Mrs. Mittens is strutting her stuff, Marie Antoinette style, by referring to voters who are curious about Mitt's finances as "you people."

And Mitt was caught yukking it up with his foreign policy advisor, Josh Bolton. If that doesn't curl or uncurl your hair, as the case may be, you're not really paying attention.

So Mitt likes to keep the neocons close at hand? Now I know for sure not to vote for him. They were a toxic enough influence on the FOWH.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Meanwhile, Mrs. Mittens is strutting her stuff, Marie Antoinette style, by referring to voters who are curious about Mitt's finances as "you people."

And Mitt was caught yukking it up with his foreign policy advisor, Josh Bolton. If that doesn't curl or uncurl your hair, as the case may be, you're not really paying attention.

So Mitt likes to keep the neocons close at hand? Now I know for sure not to vote for him. They were a toxic enough influence on the FOWH.

Here's another take:

http://www.opednews.com/populum/linkframe.php?linkid=153609

Romney Adviser: Diplomacy With Britain Requires ‘Anglo-Saxon’ In White House

Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign made the leap from quiet xenophobia to full-blown racial politics today, when an unnamed foreign policy adviser to his campaign told The Daily Telegraph that Romney understands diplomacy with Britain better than President Obama does, because he is “part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage.”

John Swaine reports:


"In remarks that may prompt accusations of racial insensitivity, one suggested that Mr Romney was better placed to understand the depth of ties between the two countries than Mr Obama, whose father was from Africa.

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”

So Republicans have gone from thinking that President Obama is not black enough to thinking that he is too black to “fully appreciate” our relationship with Britain. Lovely..."

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”


[/quote]

For one thing, who does this statement refer to with the word "We", the Romney campaign? The American People? White People? America in General? Looks like he might have meant Romney the way it is written. What makes this so? Because Romney's family is white? Maybe because his father was born in Mexico? Ya, that's it.

And how very condescending it is to say that the "White House didn't fully appreciate the shared history we have." What a crock. Who is this Romney adviser to state what the White House does or does not appreciate?!

Sal

Sal

NaNook

NaNook
othershoe1030 wrote:“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”



For one thing, who does this statement refer to with the word "We", the Romney campaign? The American People? White People? America in General? Looks like he might have meant Romney the way it is written. What makes this so? Because Romney's family is white? Maybe because his father was born in Mexico? Ya, that's it.

And how very condescending it is to say that the "White House didn't fully appreciate the shared history we have." What a crock. Who is this Romney adviser to state what the White House does or does not appreciate?!
[/quote]

Who was the source? I repeat, who was the source?

I'm more worried about the source of White House Classified Leaks, aren't you? If not, why not? Besides, the readers of The Guardian are proving Romney right..just like Piers Morgan did...

"You didn't build it", is THAT a problem? "Hard-working", usually comes into play.......

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Romney and his handlers took Obama's statement out of context. Obama didn't say what Romney has accused him of saying. How hard is that to grasp?

------------

Willard, on the other hand, seems to be on a mission of self-destruction.

Markle

Markle
salinsky wrote:LOL!

Mitt Romney is off to a spectacularly bad start in London, at least according to the British press ridiculing the Republican candidate on his first major foreign trip.

British officials — and the newspapers that cover them — took offense to Romney questioning whether London is well-prepared to handle the security issues ahead of the summer games. Romney called the situation “disconcerting.” British Prime Minister David Cameron hit back, saying there is no doubt “Britain can deliver.”

“We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world,” Cameron added. “Of course it’s easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere.”

Then there was the issue of whether Romney forgot Labour leader Ed Miliband’s name, referring to him as “Mr. Leader.” All in all, “not a great day at the office,” Rupert Murdoch’s The Sun tabloid wrote.

Here’s how Romney’s visit to London played in the UK press.

The Financial Times played it relatively straight, writing: “Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican candidate for the US presidency, got off to a shaky start in his effort to show a statesmanlike profile when he seemed to get into a public spat with the UK prime minister over London’s readiness to host the Olympics.”

Even the BBC couldn’t help but get in on the fun. “Mr Romney is credited with rescuing the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City, now he’s appeared to question London’s readiness to host a successful olympics,” host George Alagiah said. Throwing it over to North America editor Mark Mardell, Alagiah said: “If (Romney’s) here to make friends, he’s got a funny way of showing it.”

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/romney-london-olympics-gaffes.php?ref=fpa

and

The Mitt Romney Summer 2012 World Tour to Three Countries is apparently having trouble moving tickets.

The London blogger Guido Fawkes reports that organizers of a Romney fundraising reception in the city this evening have slashed the original $2,500 ticket price to $1,000 for “a few last minute guests,” in an effort to drum up participation.

Fawkes quotes an email from organizers:

From: XXXX
Subject: romney dinner…..reduced price for last minute guests has been negotiated

As if questioning the enthusiasm of the British public wasn’t enough, Romney appeared to go on to denounce the whole of Europe, telling NBC: “We’re at a point here where we have two different roads we can go down. One leads to Europe. The other leads to the kind of dynamism and prosperity which has always characterised America.”

http://www.theweek.co.uk/olympics/london-2012/48176/mitt-romney-questions-londons-enthusiasm-olympics#ixzz21kCTVJPj

Yep, Mitt Romney should have resisted the temptation to make that statement.

Then there are the spectacular successes of President Barack Hussein Obama in foreign countries....

Willard's Summer 2012 Anglo-Saxon Magical Misery World Tour BowingSaudiKing
Willard's Summer 2012 Anglo-Saxon Magical Misery World Tour BowingChinasEmporer
Willard's Summer 2012 Anglo-Saxon Magical Misery World Tour Queen-elizabeth-and-michelle-obama-hug-with-queen-purse2

Markle

Markle
othershoe1030 wrote:“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”



For one thing, who does this statement refer to with the word "We", the Romney campaign? The American People? White People? America in General? Looks like he might have meant Romney the way it is written. What makes this so? Because Romney's family is white? Maybe because his father was born in Mexico? Ya, that's it.

And how very condescending it is to say that the "White House didn't fully appreciate the shared history we have." What a crock. Who is this Romney adviser to state what the White House does or does not appreciate?!
[/quote]

If you recall...(highly doubtful) it was President Barack Hussein Obama who returned the bronze bust of Winston Churchill which had a place of honor in the Oval Office RETURNED to Great Britain. The bust was loaned to us to commemorate the 9/11 tragedy.

Markle

Markle
Floridatexan wrote:
Romney and his handlers took Obama's statement out of context. Obama didn't say what Romney has accused him of saying. How hard is that to grasp?

------------

Willard, on the other hand, seems to be on a mission of self-destruction.

As you know, President Barack Hussein Obama said EXACTLY what has been quoted. If you read the whole speech, it is even WORSE.

How hard is that to grasp?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Romney and his handlers took Obama's statement out of context. Obama didn't say what Romney has accused him of saying. How hard is that to grasp?

------------

Willard, on the other hand, seems to be on a mission of self-destruction.

As you know, President Barack Hussein Obama said EXACTLY what has been quoted. If you read the whole speech, it is even WORSE.

How hard is that to grasp?

More lies. You just won't quit.

Guest


Guest
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/07/29/michael-tomasky-a-candidate-with-a-serious-wimp-problem.html

Guest


Guest
Floridatexan wrote:
Romney and his handlers took Obama's statement out of context. Obama didn't say what Romney has accused him of saying. How hard is that to grasp?

------------

Willard, on the other hand, seems to be on a mission of self-destruction.

Out of context? Really?? Maybe you should listen to Obama's speech for yourself instead of just parroting the democrat talking points. There was nothing out of context, our illustrious campaigner-in-chief was very clear about why rich people should be forced to give all their money to the government to "redistribute the wealth", because none of them earned their wealth, all of it was gained thanks to someone else's hard work. It wasn't until after the backlash started and he and his handlers realized how unpopular that message was that he started trying to backpedal and claim it was out of context.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Willard's Summer 2012 Anglo-Saxon Magical Misery World Tour 13435710

Everyone posting about what President Obama said in his speech where he pointed out the fact that as a country we work together and contribute to individual success through the things we've built as a nation has seen/read the entire section referred to.

Basically the only way the Romney campaign can try to make Obama look bad is to take his words out of context and/or try to attribute a false meaning to them. If they ran his real message people would largely agree with him so they have to twist and lie.

I think it is a good thing to remember just how important our national infrastructure is. It is a good thing to be reminded of and to be pointed out. The contributions to success by the public sector need to be acknowledged and given credit for how much they help us all to succeed.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
NOW look what he's said in Israel! Why are these words even coming out of his mouth? What is he trying to say? Does he suddenly admire socialized medicine? Does he now see how great it is working for Israel? Why would he even bring this up?? Maybe jet-lag?

(NEWSER) – Mitt Romney simply cannot wait to repeal ObamaCare, but he is a fan of Israel's health care system … which has been socialized since its founding in 1948, BuzzFeed points out. During his visit to the country, Romney today praised Israel for spending so little on health care: "Do you realize what health care spending is as a percentage of the GDP in Israel? Eight percent," Romney said at a fundraiser. "You spend 8% of GDP on health care. You're a pretty healthy nation. We spend 18% of our GDP on health care. Ten percentage points more. … Our gap with Israel is 10 points of GDP. We have to find ways—not just to provide health care to more people, but to find ways to find and manage our health care costs." Click for more on how Israel's system works, or more on Romney's adventures in the Middle East.
http://www.newser.com/story/151095/romney-a-fan-of-israels-socialized-health-care.html

Markle

Markle
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Romney and his handlers took Obama's statement out of context. Obama didn't say what Romney has accused him of saying. How hard is that to grasp?

------------

Willard, on the other hand, seems to be on a mission of self-destruction.

As you know, President Barack Hussein Obama said EXACTLY what has been quoted. If you read the whole speech, it is even WORSE.

How hard is that to grasp?

More lies. You just won't quit.

Step up, EXACTLY what did the ad for Mitt Romney say which was not factual?

Markle

Markle
othershoe1030 wrote:Willard's Summer 2012 Anglo-Saxon Magical Misery World Tour 13435710

Everyone posting about what President Obama said in his speech where he pointed out the fact that as a country we work together and contribute to individual success through the things we've built as a nation has seen/read the entire section referred to.

Basically the only way the Romney campaign can try to make Obama look bad is to take his words out of context and/or try to attribute a false meaning to them. If they ran his real message people would largely agree with him so they have to twist and lie.

I think it is a good thing to remember just how important our national infrastructure is. It is a good thing to be reminded of and to be pointed out. The contributions to success by the public sector need to be acknowledged and given credit for how much they help us all to succeed.


Then why is President Barack Hussein Obama NOT running on his record?

Willard's Summer 2012 Anglo-Saxon Magical Misery World Tour Newsweek-Obama-Gay-President

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum