Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Power of a tornado: Photo of the demolished truck the three storm chasers were killed in.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One of the three bodies was found a half mile away from the wreckage.

Power of a tornado:  Photo of the demolished truck the three storm chasers were killed in. Storm_10

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Damn ! what unbelievable power...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

These individuals always had a video camera running but so far the video shot from inside the vehicle as this was happening is not available on the web that I can find. From the looks of the wreckage it may be that the camera was quickly destroyed so only the very beginnings of it would have been photographed. Or what it shows is too gruesome to be shown although I can't imagine it being more gruesome than the photos taken in the aftermath of the Boston bombing.

2seaoat

Storm chasers are providing important information which warn people once a tornado has formed, but it appears that they have been pushing the envelope as to proximity......the power of these recent storms are something I do not remember impacting steel vehicles........unless the composite skins of vehicles have less structural integrity, or these storms are just getting stronger.........nobody could have survived in that vehicle.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is the path of the tornado and the circle is where the vehicle was when it got hit. As you can see the tornado took a sharp unexpected turn right before it hit them.

Power of a tornado:  Photo of the demolished truck the three storm chasers were killed in. 060213c

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's what the Weather Channel storm chaser vehicle looks like which was also in the path of the tornado. They were luckier and all survived.

Power of a tornado:  Photo of the demolished truck the three storm chasers were killed in. Article-2334357-1A172B85000005DC-327_634x416

2seaoat

Tornadoes in this corridor traditionally mostly go from West to East and travel from the southwest to the Northeast..........certainly experienced storm chasers would not be positioning themselves Northeast of a large tornado.......behind and south of a tornado CHASING a tornado makes some sense, but chasing a tornado from the northeast is pretty risky business.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Bank surveillance video showing a house across the street being ripped apart by an EF5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAPnbzHvIKs&feature=player_embedded

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Bank surveillance video showing a house across the street being ripped apart by an EF5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAPnbzHvIKs&feature=player_embedded

Houses don't look too substantial after seeing that....

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:These individuals always had a video camera running but so far the video shot from inside the vehicle as this was happening is not available on the web that I can find. From the looks of the wreckage it may be that the camera was quickly destroyed so only the very beginnings of it would have been photographed. Or what it shows is too gruesome to be shown although I can't imagine it being more gruesome than the photos taken in the aftermath of the Boston bombing.

I wonder if Jim Cantore was there strutting around telling storm stories?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

Jim Cantore is in the picture standing behind the squashed car. But unfortunately he's even shorter than the car so you can't see him. He didn't have time to put on his elevator shoes.
He has them on in this picture so we're able to see him.

Power of a tornado:  Photo of the demolished truck the three storm chasers were killed in. Cantor10

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:

Jim Cantore is in the picture standing behind the squashed car. But unfortunately he's even shorter than the car so you can't see him. He didn't have time to put on his elevator shoes.
He has them on in this picture so we're able to see him.

Power of a tornado:  Photo of the demolished truck the three storm chasers were killed in. Cantor10

The dude would be wise to always carry a five gallon bucket with him when he goes on photo ops. "Whoa,there! Don't shoot until I get on my bucket!"

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You folks reading this thead are probably scratching your heads at the last few posts. I would be too. I should explain that this is a TOTALLY inside joke. Meaning it is one in which "you had to be there" as only yella and I were.

I'll try to set the stage. It was last year or the year before when we had one of those tropical storms/hurricanes coming towards us.
As the thing was coming in, Yella and I, as so many do, decided to go look at the surf at the beach.
Well the best place to go see anything like that at the beach is to park at the Hilton garage and walk through the Hilton and onto the beach. Which we did. And it's always an awesome experience. Especially when you couple it with a little beer or cocktail.
So we're walking back into the Hilton and as we get to where the elevator was we recognize someone. The beer and acohol gave us a unique perspective on it. Yella thought it was an old friend from Texas. And I thougt it was a midget. But we both knew we had seen this person before.
Yella starts grabbing his hand and telling him how good it is to see him after all these years. And the first thought I had was that the circus must be in town.
But his reaction was like we were both lepers. He obviously didn't have ANY time for his FANS. He was the famous "meteorologist" Jim Cantore.
As we were walking away the first thought we both had independently was that we had just seen that gnome in the Travelocity commercials.
He was that short. Not like the character they show on the tube.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum