Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite fiction book

+3
Dcat
TEOTWAWKI
catfriedlegs
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 8/20/2010, 10:54 am

Azadeh wrote:If I can bring my gun, a tub of Crisco oil and some ordinary household bleach, I'm game.

The gun I get.

But Crisco and bleach? Enlighten us, puhleeeze!

27Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 8/20/2010, 12:04 pm

catfriedlegs

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Azadeh wrote:If I can bring my gun, a tub of Crisco oil and some ordinary household bleach, I'm game.

I brought my gun. actually two. The law was recently changed to allow guns into national forest land. I have never shot at anytime at anything. I carry it for a snake surprise but I have had none yet.

The longest 36 mile blackwater trip is 80 dollars for two people total. That includes a canoe. I recommend a plastic canoe because it will flex over the many stumps you will hit. I would volunteer to go along but I am antisocial.
Sad

It takes about 3 days but you could easily do it in 2.

What about a few hours trip? I'd fall over if I had to paddle for 2 or 3 days.

28Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 8/20/2010, 12:05 pm

catfriedlegs

PerennialBulldog1 wrote:

The gun I get.

But Crisco and bleach? Enlighten us, puhleeeze!

lol - just a joke, PB. Except for the gun.

29Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 8/20/2010, 5:47 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.blackwatercanoe.com/

30Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 8/21/2010, 10:25 am

PB, that was a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Now Az, I get the gun and the crisco but I see it was just a joke Laughing

$80 is not that bad. much cheaper than I thought.

Thanks for the info, all I got to do now is find someone who will go with me.

31Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 8/21/2010, 1:06 pm

catfriedlegs

Chrissy8 wrote:I know this isnt about books, im going off topic Razz

Ive always wanted to go canoeing overnight. I have the whole thing planned out in my head. its kind of like a bucket list thing for me. Just a weekend trip. small tent. blow up doll to lay on. a small grid to cook on. a small cooler with a couple of T-bone steaks, some red bell peppers. box of sausages for breakfast. and a bottle of captain morgan rum.

yep thats it. plus a fishing pole.

A blow up doll? LOL

Camping wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to sleep on the ground and it wasn't so hot.

You know there are lots of ghosts out at Blackwater and they are pissed off. Watch out.

32Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 8/21/2010, 1:26 pm

Azadeh wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:I know this isnt about books, im going off topic Razz

Ive always wanted to go canoeing overnight. I have the whole thing planned out in my head. its kind of like a bucket list thing for me. Just a weekend trip. small tent. blow up doll to lay on. a small grid to cook on. a small cooler with a couple of T-bone steaks, some red bell peppers. box of sausages for breakfast. and a bottle of captain morgan rum.

yep thats it. plus a fishing pole.

A blow up doll? LOL

Camping wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to sleep on the ground and it wasn't so hot.

You know there are lots of ghosts out at Blackwater and they are pissed off. Watch out.

LOL I was wondering when someone was gonna catch that................

Are you the only person here with a sense of humor? Twisted Evil

33Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 8/21/2010, 1:30 pm

catfriedlegs

LOL

I'd bring my blow up Killer Whale float. My ass wouldn't sleep on the ground.

34Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 9/2/2010, 9:44 pm

I love you, Az. And I miss you, sister. You crack me up and I really miss your keen sense of humor.

My shoe collection says hi.

Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Vincec20

Last edited by riceme on 9/2/2010, 10:53 pm; edited 7 times in total

35Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 6/24/2012, 12:33 am

Dcat

Dcat

My fav fiction book is...

Enders Game by Orson Scott Card

It's sci-fi. But I know lots of non sci-fi enthuiasts that have read it and enjoyed it, because it's just a good story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_Game

36Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 6/24/2012, 2:59 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

When I think of favorite books, _Gone With the Wind_ always comes to mind. Geez, how I loved that book when I was a teen.

37Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 6/24/2012, 7:52 pm

When we would canoe camp, my brother and his wife would stand there watching Christine and me and wait until they see where we pitch our tent. They would then find the opposite end of the sand bar to pitch their tent.

(Something about getting away from that bear loudly snoring in the woods.) ;-)

38Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 6/24/2012, 10:42 pm

Dcat wrote:My fav fiction book is...

It's sci-fi. But I know lots of non sci-fi enthuiasts that have read it and enjoyed it, because it's just a good story.

I listened to that on audiobook. My wife just rattled off a list of follow up books to Ender's Game. (If you want more Ender books, they're available.)

39Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 6/26/2012, 1:47 pm

Dcat

Dcat

Yomama wrote:
Dcat wrote:My fav fiction book is...

I listened to that on audiobook. My wife just rattled off a list of follow up books to Ender's Game. (If you want more Ender books, they're available.)

While the sequel, 'Speaker for the Dead' is a good story, it doesn't have near the intensity of the first book. Never before have I seen an author change style and tempo so dramatically within the same series. I know there are many more books in the succesful series, but what I've read doesn't measure up to Ender's Game.

40Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 6/26/2012, 4:09 pm

Dcat, have you read Hellstrom's Hive by Frank Herbert of Dune fame?
Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Lhells10
It's a pretty suspenseful read, but the ending could have been better.

41Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 6/30/2012, 8:47 am

Dcat

Dcat

Yomama wrote:Dcat, have you read Hellstrom's Hive by Frank Herbert of Dune fame?
Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Lhells10
It's a pretty suspenseful read, but the ending could have been better.

Yo, no I haven't. I've seen the movie Dune of course. But I haven't read any of his books. I'll have to check it out.

42Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 7/1/2012, 10:47 am

Dcat wrote:
Yo, no I haven't. I've seen the movie Dune of course. But I haven't read any of his books. I'll have to check it out.

Dune, the movie was good, but I wouldn't put it up there with the best. Something about it... maybe it was too long, I dunno.

43Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 7/1/2012, 10:09 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Favorite book:

The gun slinger from the stephen king dark tower series.

44Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 8/25/2012, 12:20 am

SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Old...with such good personal associations...Tale of Two Cities

Recent Classic....To Kill a Mockingbird (I don't care that it's everybody else's)

Modern.....Memoirs of a Geisha
Shantaram

Teen fiction excellent enough for adults to love....Hatchet; Holes

Children's fiction.....Charlotte's Web

45Favorite fiction book - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fiction book 1/24/2013, 9:51 am

cool1

cool1

Tracie Bain---My sister has a few books out--I dont have time to read to much but she wrote one the name of the book--Peanuts---she based her book around and about Jay Florida-that one was petty good--I would have to look up the titles of the other ones---heehee one day I will read all of them for sure Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum