Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ARod Will Be Paid Nearly $6 Million More Than the Entire Houston Astros Payroll This Year

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Yowza.

Not bad for a under-performing, doping, washed up, show pony on the DL.

ARod - $29,000,000

Houston payroll - $24,328,538

http://deadspin.com/2013-payrolls-and-salaries-for-every-mlb-team-462765594

Sal wrote:Yowza.

ARod - $29,000,000

That is ridiculous. No athlete is worth that much money. Just about all of them are over-paid prima donnas.

That's one of the main reasons I don't ever watch sports.. They're all over paid and we're paying for it as a consumer whether we like it or not..
When I was workin out of Seattle in the early 80's I was makin the same average pay as the Mariners, about $50,000 a year..
It a shame what we pay to be entertained from musicians to movie stars, It just doesn't make any sense..

The market sets what players are paid by people going to the games and buying the $6 beers and hotdogs along with the high priced tickets. You also have to remind yourself that he is being PAID not for what he will do, but what he has accomplished in his career. The MLPA is part of the issue to with the guaranteed contracts. Football never guarantees out this much money to a player and even if a player does sign for an ungodly amount for 5 or 6 years, it is rare a player isn't released outright with no money due before the end of the contract. In baseball that doesn't occur due to the union contract.

"PAYrod" isn't going to just walk away from that kind of money. He will limp out this contract to the end.

Now with Houston, they are where the Florida Marlins are every 6 or 7 years. The Marlins totally DUMP every decent player they have and rebuild. The rebuilding process in Houston just has not panned out like for the Marlins, but then again, the MARLINS are not cheap asses with their money. They will SPEND. With the transition to the AL, I think the entire roster was gutted and start from ground zero.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:The market sets what players are paid by people going to the games and buying the $6 beers and hotdogs along with the high priced tickets.

Television rights and merchandise are the real money makers.

You also have to remind yourself that he is being PAID not for what he will do, but what he has accomplished in his career.

You have that reversed. The Yankees wrote the contract not for what he had done, but for the potential they calculated he possessed. It didn't pan out the way they had hoped. Good. I hate the Yankees, and I'm so glad the Red Sox didn't sign him when they had the opportunity.

"PAYrod" isn't going to just walk away from that kind of money. He will limp out this contract to the end.

Yep.

And, no one else wants him.

The Yankees are stuck with him.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I don't watch baseball, but it appears that Houston owners should be ashamed of themselves. Actually, both team's owners should be ashamed of themselves.

ARod - $29,000,000

How much of that $29M does ARod's agent get?

Markle

Markle

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

ARod - $29,000,000

Usually around 15% but then he has New York State and New York City taxes to pay plus Federal Income Taxes, over 50% plus his agent.

He's paid what he is worth.

2seaoat

I am going to the Kansas City/ White Sox game on Thursday afternoon after my shots at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago. Kansas City has been the door mat of the league, but Fox has picked them as number 2 this year and their payroll is nothing. The Yankees have not bought a series in awhile because young players are always changing the dynamic. I love baseball, and I love seeing good players play the game. I will pay in excess of 40 bucks for my ticket on Thursday, but with the time I have left I want to see some games while I am feeling pretty good. I have been feeling stronger, and they are telling me the tumors are stable.......I have been floating since all the pain the last three months has been the inflamation from the battle on the tumors....so a baseball game where I am still strong is a celebration.....even if I am not watching the 30 million dollar man.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

ARod - $29,000,000

About 10%

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum